What does fit think of Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5?

It's a copy of SL, which is a copy of SS.

b-bump

As if we needed yet another beginner strength program

>Let's change this super small detail and give it a different name WOOOOOOW

It's marketed as a beginner program but most beginners are gonna plateau too early due to not recovering fast enough.

oh this post is wonderful good! so good post!

great post great. such a great post.

The purpose was to see other peoples opinions on it

i am like these posts! i am so like this, am happy posts

Why is it called Ice Cream Fitness?

good question

Because hes on a diet of icecream which explains his shitty body.

His mom was pretty hot

Went on Reddi where there was a thread trying to decide between SS and SL, the OP eventually went with ICF. Don't know why, apparently it's better than SL for aesthetics. I might do it, but SL looks simpler, but I'm vain and only care about how I look.

Have you seen Blaha?

Yeah, looks pretty good

It's dogshit.

why so?

It's a lot of volume for a beginner, as others have stated. If you're able to do it day after day, it probably means you're not lifting very heavy. Your gains could be nice and symmetrical for better aesthetics, but it will be slow as fuck.

Although conversely, the whole reason why a lot of strength athletes and bodybuilders do a lot of accessory work is because it is not nearly as systematically taxing. I don't care how many if you do 5x5 or 3x8 or 3x12 squats + bench in a day: you still have enough energy to do some curls.

So here's the thing with picking a program: how did the creator come up with the programming? Did he just pick random shit at random volume or is there some logic and scientific backing to it?

Feel free to try whatever though. As long as you're not hurting yourself, it doesn't matter TOO much for those noob gains. In six months you'll want to scrutinize your routine a bit more, regardless of what you chose.

I think it broscience as fuck but if a workout exceeds over 2hours youre doing more harm than good to your body.. And it seems like youll be pushing two hours every training session with this program.

And dont get me wrong im all for squats and bench but once youre workout pushes over that 2hour mark you just want to get the fuck out of there.

what routine would you recommend instead of icf 5x5

Maybe instead of 5 sets for main lifts and 3 for accessories, you could do 3 sets for main lifts and 2 for accessories. I think this would be a more manageable volume.

that's the cutting version of the program

>2hrs

Is that really how long ICF takes??

Assuming your doing heavy sets of five then yeah youll need time to rest in between each rest

ran it for 6 months when i first started. alright routine, though i would recommend reducing squats to 3x6 instead, and possibly adding more deadlift/bench.

Fuck that then, I'll stick to SL. I've not got the time for that.

not the same guy
Greyskull LP. plug in 2-3 exercises based on your main compounds that are progressing slowly.
if everything is progressing ok, just toss some aesthetics work in. it's very easy to modify, appropriate for beginners and intermediate.
>b-but which accessories do I use
lighter DB or machine variations of press/row lifts. front squats, maybe leg press for squats. RDLs and/or SLDLs for deadlifts.

to much for a newbie

I've been lifting for a while now and can probably bench 500 squat around 600 and deadlift 650. In my opinion it's too much volume. As a beginner you can make excellent gains without using that much volume so why the fuck would you do that long ass workout? If I were to do that workout now it would probably take me over 2 hours and maybe even 3. I would stick to something with less volume like starting strength.

>probably bench..

so can you actually do those numbers or no?

and are you aesthetic?