Cocoon mode

Who /cocoon/ mode here?

I'm entering it for the second time. Feels peaceful mayne.

Good/Bad experiences?

Considering it for the next 2 years, maybe not full cocoon but semi-cocoon. Like an uncircumcised peenor.

is this meme really still alive? and people still fall for it?
I feel sorry for you bro

Did it for a few weeks
Pros:
Never skipped a single workout
Could follow my diet most of the time
Cons:
Didnt self improve beyond lifting and watched Netflix and other TV 8h a day

Went cocoon for a couple of years without knowing it had a term.

It's so hard breaking out of that I still struggle to find my way back.

This is kind of accurate

For me

Pros:
Got fitter than ever
Dieting was easier and I got to my goal weight
Reached my goals

Cons:
Got lonely
Somedays I was training twice a day and I still had loads of free time to with nothing to do.

going into """""cocoon mode"""""" in attempt to become a happy person living a normal life is like reading books and articles about memes in attempt to be an user
you're going nowhere you faggot

> in attempt to become a happy person living a normal life

Where did you get that from?

In one year cocoon mode:

> Got lifts up to 4/3/2/1, went from otter mode to somewhat big but still fairly ripped
> Read ~100 books in a year
> Taught myself chemistry from nothing using youtube & second hand textbooks, got an A and got myself into a top university
> Begun martial arts training, now pretty skilled at muay thai & boxing

How do you even go coccoon mode? Don't you have obligations in your lives?
I'd still have to go outside my apartment every single day

I have obligations

I work 48 hours a week. I'd go to work in the day and then go boxing in the evening, and then go home to bed.

On my 4 days off I'd go training everyday, sometimes twice a day if I was bored. I'd spend my freetime otherwise watching shit or maybe going round to see my parents for an hour a day.

All I changed was cutting out my shitty friends that intentionally hold me back or take enjoyment in my misfortune. Why waste time on people who don't deserve it?

I've just gone back into cocoon mode at the moment due to people letting me down and being dick heads, I don't enjoy their company anymore and theres better shit I could do with my time rather than give time to people who don't deserve it.

>girls dont hurt your feelings
>constantly becoming a better person

pick one. the only way become a better person is to face hardship. instead of shutting yourself off from the world, do the things you know you have to do and become stronger because of it.

try reverse cocoon mode: discipline is the foundation of a good life. every time you do something you've been avoiding, think of it as leveling up your discipline, then feel good about it.

Quit school last year, neet now focusing all my time in diet and training, as well as mental gains (books etc). Don't give a FUCK what anyone thinks about my plan.

I mean if your plan was mental gains and to lift, staying in Uni would of been a perfect idea. Sounds like a normal neet dropout trying to justify.

>be grill
>don't hair hairless vagina genetics
>am stupid
>frail and weak
>people act like I'm precious and break easily
>my cleavage doesn't show when wearing low cut shirts
>my pants sag slightly and immediately my ass looks like shit
>come to Veeky Forums to garner some attention and get my self-esteem up
>full of flaming no-homosexuals who'll say they want to lick other user's anuses but call me stupid
>tfw

Mostly good experience. Been going 6 months. Was forced out for a dinner about a week ago but other than that making good progress and only slight cabin fever. I have a husband, tho, so it's not like I go with 0 contact. He's a lifter, tho, and in a cut, so it's not effecting me much.

you're a lucky guy then

>cocoon mode
i want dumb autists and fatties to leave this board

>I want attention but don't want to see any effort
>>>/tumblr/

I went semi cocoon with the only friend I interacted with was my childhood friend who was stationed back in the states and we played bf and csgo for the most part when I wasn't at the gym or work.

This sentence makes very little sense, you human sized worm

He already stated he doesn't give a FUCK what anybody thinks about his plan.

Not even a small single FUCK will be given

If you use your smaller-than-a-males-sized female brain you can understand what he means.

Maybe it's a post girls can NEVER understand.

Really makes you think

No, not even that makes her think

have fun looking like shit pathetically trying to garner attention from men online for the rest of your life

This hits home...

shut up, you morons!

You have no idea how hard it is to be a girl. Fuck, it's more expensive and we get payed less while you are running around with your priviledge

shut up shut up shut up shut up

Cocoon mode is a meme, if an autistic fuck withdrawals even further the only way out is suicide, social reintegration is impossible

I was in cocoon mode for the last two years. The loneliness got to me. Trying into normalfag mode rn

I'm almost full cocoon mode I guess. My problem is I don't know how to escape it. I work at night so most of my time is spent either sleeping working or lifting.

>We get paid less and it's unfair

You wouldn't pay the same money for a donkey as you'd pay for a horse.

Depends on the your need, dumb fuck

too obvious

>Depends on the need

There are only 3 things a woman can do better than a man.

1. Get pregnant
2. Complain
3. Be a hypocrite

Yes but it's still fun to reply.

I can see why you're acting like a such a bitch cause to you, apparently, you can have your period too, honey

Cocoon mode = depression

Should I go to a New Years festival in another country with my older sister and her friends or stay cocoon mode? I've never met them before (they're from that country)

I've asked a bro of mine to join us but he might have other plans.

Idk brehs, feels like it could be awkward. If I go I plan on getting lost in the crowd & getting amongst it on my own anyways but still

Normalfag mode = depression

wow so you're that far behind

4. Fail at being funny

I was actually considering cocoon mode last night once again.
I did so for a while, got really happy with my progress and came out to play.
Now I haven't gone everywhere since. It's been almost two months.
I think it's time to go back.

Do it man

Cocoon mode is about focus rather than wasting your time doing temporary shit when you really should be working to achieve your dreams.

If going to another country for new years could be fun then go for it mayne, just don't lose sight of your goal and forget why you went cocoon in the first place.

Knock it off, senpai!

>first state that a woman can do 3 things better than a man
>be a hypocrite
>add a 4th to the list after you get BTFO'd
hmmm, really makes me think and me thinks you lack the brainpower to have a proper response

cutey patooty

;)

who run the world? girls!

I worked abroad for 2 years and basically did cocoon mode unintentionally.

I only improved on the things I thought were important at the time, so fitness was one which worked out great but I also wasted my time learning how play guitar solo's, draw fantasy dragons and sing along to songs.

I lost so many social skills as well. When I returned I had gotten so used to speaking simple English to non-native speakers I sounded retarded. Didn't know how to talk to groups of people, how to approach different people etc.

If you are going to cocoon mode I recommend getting a part time bar job, forced interactions with lots of different types of people, improve your social skills and earn dollar.

Hypocrite, a word girls will NEVER understand.

you almost had me, until

>priviledge

> worked 48 hours a week
> 4 days off

16 hour work days?

how did they let you down?

Semi-Cocoon mode, have a gf, no friends, no parties, just gym.

Are you scooby?

4 days on 4 days off. I work 12 hour nightshifts.

Most days I get up at 4.45am, I drive to work and do 6am - 6pm. I drink loads of coffee in the afternoon to perk me up so I have motivation to go boxing at 7pm.

I train 7pm - 8.15pm (45 minute strength and conditioning or padwork and then 30 minute sparring)

I get home, have a shower and go to bed and lay there stressed because my body is too energized to sleep. I probably do that 3 out of my 4 days at work because I always need one night for rest.

Why do I train so hard? Because I get depressed if I don't. Theres nothing else in life to do but go boxing. No matter how hard I try I just can't enjoy drugs or alcohol anymore, and my friends are all assholes. They take pleasure in the misfortune of others and none of them are there for each other, they're all kind of bitter and just gossip about each other. My "best" friend of 14 years has turned into an absolute dick head. He used to be a good guy and now he is fake as fuck and two faced as hell so I've cut him out of my life. He tries to sabotage me and goes out of his way to ruin shit for me and make me feel bad about everything I do.

I don't enjoy girls anymore either, after a while I realized I still felt lonely even after I got laid. And it's no good trying to find a gf because it always ends badly so it's easier to put time into something more productive.

5. Fail at being clever
6. Come off as some sort of retard

if you do cocoon mode please kill yourself. you are cringe and embarassing. I feel genuinely. like genuinely sorry for people that do this.

First ask your sister if she genuinely wants you to come, say you would rather her say no and not be invited out of pity etc.

if she genuinely wants you to go, go, such an experience

Yes good addition to the list

failing at being funny is like my biggest fear

jokes that bomb are disasters

why do you care?

Oh, you were just trolling all along.

>be protective security contractor with the US State Department
>deploy on a 105/35 day rotation
>free reign to workout and diet without any interruptions
>take online courses for my degree
>camp has a full boxing gym
>workout 6 days a week, twice a day
>cocoon mode is love
>cocoon mode is life

that's amazing user

Jokes on you I've been in cocoon mode from the day I was born.

How'd you land that job?

>4pl8 ohp
Holy fuck I gotta try this

I am cocoon

Feels good man, no social status to uphold. I can get discreetly jacked but hide it until the time is right.

It's like being your own secret weapon.

>

Me, I guess.

42, ex-fatty. 6'1", started at 240 about a year ago when my GF of 5 years broke up with me. I've just recently hit my goal weight of 180 and am going to start my first clean bulk next week, and then cut again next year.

I have no friends, and can't seem to get a second date with a girl to save my life. I guess I needed to cocoon for a bit and I'm glad I did, but now I can't seem to get out of it even though I want to and I feel ready.

Was in the Navy and did some cool stuff. Been in contracting for almost 2 years solid. Fucking saved my life man, long story but I was on the brink. Being gone all the time keeps things in perspective. Your social circle shrinks to people who actually want to remain in your life. Not to get blog posty, but yeah mang.

>uni
>mental gains
lol

This.

I've been cocoon mode for like a year

I'm pretty much over it and going to need to end it soon.

I work but my schedule is Friday through Monday.

My gym schedule is Monday through Saturday.

So on my off days I just go to the gym and chill out because it's a Tuesday / Weds / Thurs and there isn't a ton going on because I'm 28 and my friends have jobs.

My work days I just hit the gym after work and by the time I get out I'm exhausted AF so I just eat, maybe watch tv for an hour or two and go to bed to be up for work the next day.

I got into it because I quit drinking because I wanted to really prioritize the gym because I've been going for around 10 years consistently and didn't feel like I had accomplished enough, basically I saw an old co-worker who has eclipsed me in 2 years and it lit a fire under my ass.

On top of that I was sick of going to bars. All my friends do is get black out drunk and go to bars though so I stopped hanging out with them.

is living by not playing lifes game truly living.
A life unexamined is a life wasted user.

It hurts to know that over the years I've skewed my opinion of food so badly that I can never enjoy shit like a table full of fries ever again

Did it freshman year of college, really only worked because I was busy enough during the week that playing video games all weekend didnt feel so depressing. Not doing it this year and feels much better

Cocoon mode:
Always eat good food for my macros
Always get enough sleep
Don't have to worry about when I need to invite each person to do something next to maintain friendship
Almost as much video games and Tv as I want
Can lift on my own schedule
Low confidence
Depression. I can't play video games for hours on end anymore. I still enjoy them and play a ton, but I have to take breaks to talk to people or I get depressed

Normal mode:
Sometimes have to scramble at the end of the day to eat a ton of carbs and no fat, but never really go over on my fat macros because I just eat small amounts with my friends and get healthier food by mysef later
Still get enough sleep. My friends know Im into fitness and go to sleep and wake up early, and they know I can stay up later on weekend nights
Inviting people feels like a bother but I enjoy myself once Im with them
Still get to play a lot of video games on my own because Im not into sports and Im just social enough to have a solid circle of friends. The difference is I have other things to do when I get bored
Way more confident and happier. The confidence is mostly just because of lifting, but knowing I wouldnt look like a weird shut in if I talked to a girl is what really made my aspergers go away

Overall cocoon mode is shit and you will not improve your life while you are in it.

cocoon mode here

I can leave cocoon mode once I have achieved all my goals and dreams

>tfw you go cocoon mode and never come out of it.
>feelsbadman.jpg

Except most everyone that plays life's game don't examine their lives because they find themselves preoccupied with other things

Some of us are doing this to study or make money and get fit, not all of us are bad socially.
>but user why are you wasting your time on Veeky Forums instead of studying
Veeky Forums is full of high energy people so it's a relatively motivating environment, plus I come here for the running threads.

I went into cocoon mode because I was annoyed with people.

I came out of it after reaching my goals and nothing was the same. Things I used to enjoy like alcohol and drugs were no longer enjoyable and just made me feel guilty, my friends seemed shallow and like different people. Life was boring if I wasn't working toward a goal.

I'm back in cocoon mode now training for a fight because life is boring if i'm not working toward something. I can't relax like I used to, I can't just spend the day playing games drinking beers and smoking weed like I used to, I just feel like I've wasted so much time chasing the wrong things that now I need to spend my time wisely pursuing my goals before I get too old.

>tfw been cocoon mode without realizing it
W-we're all going to make it, r-right?

>attempt to become a happy person living a normal life

I'm just doing it to quit drinking and smoking, since my current friends do a lot of both. I figure once I'm a born-again fitfag I'll have gymbros.

I'm doing it so I have less distractions, and I've decided I'd rather focus on reaching my goals than invest time in things that don't bring me happiness.

>gf

Where do you think you are

(OP)
I'm a DYEL from /ic/, but I come here for art references.
For my art and graphics A levels I became full Cocoon Mode.
>2 years
>class full of girls
>gotta make art gains
>don't really talk to any of them
>don't really talk to anyone

>in the end I had straight As
>got offers from every single uni I applied to
>i can hardly talk to anyone anymore
>I can't think of what to say
>I don't know what people like or do anymore

For fuck sake don't do it.

>You have no idea how hard it is to be a girl. Fuck, it's more expensive and we get payed less

If that was actually true, no company would ever hire a man for anything. It would be a financially stupid business decision.

>I don't know what people like or do anymore

you should never ever worry about this, i avoided talking to people most of my teens because i thought i was not "with it". turns out 95% of people have no hobbies besides netflix and internet.

stfu pls

>constantly becoming a better person
>by completely isolating yourself

you will come out of this an even bigger sperglord than you were before

I'm semi coccoon mode, but not by choice.

>4pl8 ohp
>1pl8 deadlift
Nigga you FUCKED yourself up

how to exit cocoon mode? i cut all my friends out of my life because i realized they werent really my friends, we just did a lot of drugs together and theyre shitty people.

now 3 years later i'm Veeky Forums as fuck, can play guitar pretty well, have a small library/book collection going, and my drawing skills are getting up there. but no social life.

i'm still slightly awkward but way better than i used to be. i flirt with girls a lot but i always wimp out asking for their number and the few times i did get their number they never responded. making friends is what i want, but i feel like it's the hardest. i'm so damn picky with who i hang out with it's hard to find people like me. (inb4 le special unique butterfly millenial)

i've hung out with a few people that i happened to meet but never liked them enough to make it a friendship or anything. also havent been laid in 3 years but i'd rather get a gf than a random lay.

/end blog post

tl;dr how to exit cocoon mode

This

You don't know loneliness

Don't cocoon guys. It's a meme. I have basically cocooned for 4 years and now I am actually losing it

i think you have to give people a chance

i remember meeting my best friend

at first i didn't really like him, he had strange hair and was kind of chubby. He liked japanese culture and was never interested in girls.

but i guess i warmed to him and 10 years later we're still best friends.

so idk, give people a chance before you write em off as not 'friend material'

I wanna vomit when I see this, completely unironic, I just drank 2 litres of milk and ate before that but still, its disgusting even on an empty stomach

I think you're talking shit, user