Home gym vs gym membership

Which one did you pick and why?

home gym
closer to home
cheaper in long run
can train whenever i like
blasting my own music
did a workout fucking naked once

home gym is much more convenient but it takes up a lot of space and is expensive

Home Gym. When I moved out, my dad parted with his home gym and over the years, I added to it.

That, my larger, lower right testicle and my motorbike are my prized possessions.

>blasting my own music
>did a workout fucking naked once
THESE TWO
Fucking this. I workout naked in front of a mirror when my gf is out while blasting music and it is the shit!

home gym is literally autism

believe me, if i could stop being autistic, i would

Gym membership.

Mostly because it comes with extras like climbing wall and pool. And also theres so much equipment that a home gym wouldn't have.

Home gym
Workout when i want
Be as loud as i want
Play what music at what volume i want
Do whatever lift i please without wait

Only it's a bit scary at first, especially when you start lifting heavy and know no one can help you if you fuck up.

I got this feeling once i hit 100 kg squat, now i'm at 145 and don't think too much about it.

What do you mean?

Gym membership. I simply can't be trusted to actually work out at home

I'm the opposite. I would never be able to drag my ass to a gym.

Yeah I used to workout at home when I did insanity/p90x hybrid but that's with someone (even though virtual) is coaching you. I need to be able to have that high energy around me

You'd give up your autismo powers for a chance to be a normie?

I wouldn't in a million years. I cherish my autism.

Home gym is prime time, but I do miss having access to a lap pool. On the other hand, my lifts are a lot higher since I stopped swimming. So gone gym wins in my book.

cant lift at home, hard to motivate myself, easy to give up, too many distractions around.

can't do shit at the gym but lift weights. get a gym membership.

Also homegym for sure. It's fun saving up for new equipment. I try to buy something when I hit fitness goals, makes it all feel even more worth it.

let me guess, lifting at home is the only way for you to have girls mirin' your lifts?

What are you implying son?

Living in a medium apartment with wife and doge right now, so I go to a gym nearby. Both my office and my gym are a one mile walk away, so it's easy. We're buying a house soon, and as soon as any major work is done, we're investing in a power rack, bench, weights, and we're converting the smallest bedroom into a sauna (the house has way too many bedrooms for the size). We live in a city that gets lots of cold and snow and we both run year round and Nordic ski in the winter, so I'm actually more excited for the sauna than the home gym.

Home gym for sure. Bought a olympic weight set when I was 18, still going strong, although its gotten rusty

>although its gotten rusty

What the fuck are you doing to it?

Happy for you brethren, I hope everything goes as planned.

Miring your plan.

No room indoors. It holds up pretty well but the plates are a bitch if you leave them in the sun, or during winter, and there's always spiders in the holes

this

i can't stand wearing a shirt while lifting. its constricting. and not wearing earbuds while blasting your own playlist helps with motivation.

im a fucking peasant and have to go to the gym with the other peasants.

what kind of question is this?

ofc homegym is bestgym

plus, the pl8 dispenser at my gym does not release the pl8 when you put in the quarter half the time.

Home gym master race confirmed

Will /homegym/ when I actually own a home.

For now I just lift at the gym in the hospital where I work.

Have you tried tipping the dispenser?

Wait until you're squatting 4pl8 on your own then shit gets real

>on your own
What's this supposed to mean?

Alright homegymers pls help

I live on St Thomas (Virgin Islands), all the good gyms are blacks only, there's one place in the middle of the island, but it's the islands version of planet fatness. All I got are shitty hotel gyms, usually the dumbbells only go up to 30lb, there's always one of those dumb "Life Fitness" machines and a bunch of treadmills.
I've been doing a dumbbell routine mixed with bodyweight,

Buy a rack or get a platform and squat highbar.

I like a gym membership over rhe convenience of a home gym. I like the variety of equiment I get access to, the sort of "home outside of home" feeling, and all the qt cardio girls are fun to look at. I have control of myself enough not to get boners in public.

I had a basic home gym,

Benchpress and some meme-tier dumbells.

It was great for a beginner. But I later on did join a gym.

I really like the gym for the large variety of equipment. The fact that I get to workout with different people. Granted, one could do this at home as well.

For me, it is also about the fact that I have a gymbuddy. If I did not have him I would not be as motivated to do my workouts and I would not do them as intense as I do now.

Still, whatever works for you

I live in a flat in central London so It's a membership for me.

Would get a home gym if I had space and the money to get all the stuff though.

Depends on the gym I'd be getting a membership at. I'd train at Quads or Bev Francis Powerhouse or Metroflex over a home gym.

Gym.
Because I can show off gains and strenght without looking like a douche

Agreed. Nude weightlifting has always been huge in the Nrx community. Been having a naked lifting session almost weekly since I first found moldbug.

Why in the hell would you want to show off your gains to a bunch of dudes, fags, swole bulldykes and completely jaded gymbunnies?

What's the fucking point?

home gym

costs less to not use it

I've been considering getting a set of variable Dumbbells and a bench to start my home gym adventure. I just don't have the inclination to drive to my gym after I get off of work (tree climber) and dealing with the wait times, price and dig I feel like I could get a lot more done in less time with a home gym

your lucky you don't have to buy tokens

>have home gym
>go to work out
>my plate dispenser only takes tokens
>have to go to the gym to buy tokens
>receptionist gives me dirty look

Home gym and a nationwide gym chain membership.
All the benefits of a home gym at home, never missing a workout when I'm out and about.

do you already have an air compressor to pump up your dumbells?

got to factor that in to home gym cost

???

You have a token-operated plate dispenser in your home gym? For what purpose?

Home gym for my am workout commercial for my pm.

>blacks only
What kind of racist shit is this?

I think if a gym is majority black and you don't like black people, it's effectively a blacks only gym. I don't really like blacks, so I can't blame that guy for avoiding them.

I prefer low energy and as less people as possible. It lets me concentrate and take my time. I dont have to rush know someone is gonna keep asking me if im done with using the bench, squatrack, etc

At your fucking home gym you autist what the fuck were you just talking about?

>being this insecure

Gym Membership - it's an excuse to be social, and it gives you something to talk about with normalfags and in job interviews.

>to be social
why would you want that

>talk with normalfags
why would you do that

I live in an apartment with neighbors under me and relatively low ceilings. It would be a bad move.

what the fuck? plate dispensers? what the fuck are you talking about?

>why would you want that
For social stuff, the NEETs and shut-ins from /r9k/ and /adv/ will tell you that it's good for you from a Veeky Forums point of view. As for talking with normalfags, it's almost unavoidable that you'll have to talk to them at some point, so it helps to at least have some topics.

Dont buy thatshot mate. Regular dbs with plates is the way to go.

I'd have done it in my old apartment, if only because my neighbours were a bunch of fucking dicks.
>Alarm clock goes off in the morning
>Within seconds I hear them knocking through the ceiling, floor and walls
>Shut the outer door
>Next-door neighbour pops his head out to complain about the noise
>Tip over an empty plastic bottle on my desk
>BANG BANG BANG through the floor
>Flush the toilet after taking a late-night shit
>Next morning, note stuck to my door about how the complex is supposed to be quiet after 9 PM
>Have some mates over, having a few drinks and laughs
>10 PM
>Police called by neighbours, arrive on the door and tell us to quiet down or break it up
In hindsight I should've confronted them about it, but I feel like I could've done a lot to contribute to making the environment even more passive-aggressive and toxic by hollering and whooping and screaming LIGHTWEIGHT BABY before dropping a 5pl8 deadlift on some mats made out of bubblewrap and old windowpanes while blasting some obnoxious fucking grimy dribbitybibbitybumandbass loud enough to drown out their frenetic banging on the walls.
God, am I glad to be out of there.

local

no room to put equipment in my apartment

I have a homegym but its outside so i can never be fully nude cause neighbors or my younger sister could walk out at any time.
That said i always train shirtless unless im using my filthy weighted backpack.

Gym membership. My place ain't got enough space for all the shit I want/need.

I have no moneys yet but I will just get a power rack, one rack and a few pl8s, belt and shit and I'll never set foot into any gym after that

If you squat 4 pl8 and you fuck up so bad that someone has to help you so you literally dont die, you'll die with a spotter as well, no guy in the world has reflexes fast enough to save you from 200kg crashing down.

just bailing should do it right?

>expensive

in the long run it's more cheaper

>OH NO I MIGHT HAVE TO SET IT DOWN ON THE PINS IF I MISS WHATEVER WILL I DO
now, squatting alone without safeties, that's a different story

who /21stcenturyaestheticnudesurfpirates itt?