How much did you guys bench on your first day?

how much did you guys bench on your first day?

1.5pl8 here

1 pl8
I was 12 yrs old

2 plate but I did physical labour in the weekends. Guys seemed pretty impressed when I said it was my first time benching.

i don't remember, probably 1pl8 for a few reps. first time i ever lifted was when i was 15 for football

3 plate paused bench for reps

3pl8. I was 10

What's the exact meaning of 1 pl8, 2, 3, etc?

I did 95 for 3 sets of 8.

20 lbs plus the bar. I honestly almost killed myself.

1pl8 = 1 45lb/20kg plate on either end of the 45lb/20kg bar.

'x'pl8 = 2(x*45) + 45

1pl8 = 135lb
2pl8 = 225lb
3pl8 = 315lb
4pl8 = 405lb

pl(x) = 45(2x+1)

i could bench the end of my car by the time i was 15, so yeah i guess you could say i benched like 4-5pl8 before i even started

Itt: people lie over the Internet on how much they first benched

4pl8
I guess it's just genetics

Think you left off a zero there senpai

95 for 3 reps

2 plates, no problem
1.5 kinda sucks though, sorry about that lol

315 in the smith machine for 10x10 (bench was taken)

second time i went i did the same but on the bench

quadriplegic now

95lbs for few ugly reps. I was skele and almost my 2nd year of college. Making up lost time since then.

>'x'pl8 = 2(x*45) + 45
>2(x*45) + 45
>+45
Counting the Bar

Was twink mode 14 yr. old

So I did the bar and 10 pounds on each side.

nice meme

1pl8 = 1 plate on each side = 2 * 45 = 90 lbs

< the bar

don't remember exactly but

5 plate

i was 6 but a bit early in puberty

Started 5x5 with 95lbs

Unless you were doing some kind of strength training beforehand I don't think you could bench more than 1pl8 your first time.

unironically 65 lbs

95 lbs
I was 12

started with just a bar. now Im lifting 3pl8t and have this superhot gf. my secret to success is not opening shitty topics where I need to validate egoistical progress by comparing my lift to others.

after that bar I opened up a restaurant. Shit is cash.

7 plates. I was a big 3 year old

Something between 50-60 pounds.

65. Almost to 1pl8.

About 120kg, fuck I was weak when I was 13

bar

how many breads have you eaten in your life

The bar. I weighed 100lbs at 5'10.

bar
70kg bw

8pl8
I was quite strong for a 3 years old.

probably around 30-40kg which is alright for a newcomer

only 140kg for 10 reps, but I'm much stronger now

5pl8, I was only 7 though.

>half the people here never stepped foot in a gym before

10pl8 at 16 then i fucked this guys gf without a condon

Who is this cock commander?

I need to know as well.

The bar

2pl8 for 5 reps.

30 kg or 0,25 plate as a skinny 15 year old. I seriously doubt anyone can bench 2 plate on their first day, unless they did manual labor or calisthenics for years before.

6 plates with 2 inches of ROM. Come at me Brahs

Over 250 lbs
Guess I'm just a true alpha male

More like supreme gentleman

>slow claps steps out of the shadows
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

Around 10 lbs(5 kg) on each side, i was 19, it was very shamefull so i always went to the gym early AM so nobody would look at me.

> He thinks bars don't weigh anything

I was shaking to lift the bar.

2 years after that i barely bench 1 pl8

that user is blatantly lying, it's a ridiculous claim. to be honest I even doubt op quite a bit too.

2.5pl8 for 3 sets of 5

Is lifting 90kg considert 2pl8?

Benching plates, not benching the whole dish washer, do you even bench? ??

205lbs.
176 bw btw, not some silly fat person.

Anything below 100 kg in normal gyms or 225 lbs in burgercuck/britbong gyms is not 2pl8.
>but 100 kg < 225 lbs
Yes, it is. But what we are counting is the number of plates on the bar. It's more psychological than anything, really.

Started out with 35s on each end.

But on leg day I could do 4pl8 on leg press.

Feels bad man. :/

Senpai ill break my arms if i lift 40kg on each side, how do i fix this

everyone looks strong on leg press, it's fucking leg press. showoff about your squat and deadlift, no one cares about leg press. it's like ohp or rows or incline bench or any other assistance exercise, no one cares.

Brit gyms use kg

i don't remember but it was under 1 lmao plate

brit gyms use kg senpai

I'm still a noob bro. Chill.

no >:(

2 plate for like 3 reps

85 lbs
Still haven't fucking hit lmao1pl8 after 1.5 months

Look at symmetric strength to see what your one rep maxes should actually be after certain amounts of time lifting. Almost everyone on Veeky Forums lies.

nice b8 m8

20kg dumbbells for 3 sets, aiming for 10 reps

Now at 35kg for 4 sets of 10

Starting 37.5s next week. Almost made it to double, bois. Feels good.

bar

The normal progression for bench is 2,5 lbs per session. There are 9 sessions of bench in one and a half months, which comes out to 22,5 lbs. If we assume that for the first few sessions you'll be able to add 5 lbs, that comes out to around 30 lbs. 85+30=115lbs, you're doing perfectly fine.

Benched about 50 kg for 7-8 reps. Did some smith bench press and dumbell presses for a month or two before that so it wasn't the first day of training

two 30 lb dumbbells

>lmao1pl8
Was my first time benching and we didn't go higher for a 1rep max.
It was either a standard 8 rep or 10

The world record

sorry user, but you dont count the bar

17 Years old and it was around 45 kg

The bar

fucking this! doing just the bar the first weeks, I thought I could never get passed it

the bar, I'm now stuck at 50kg

7 plate. I was 7 months old, but my father was into fitness and thought it would be funny to put me lifting shit. Wasnt so funny after i did it lol.

The bar, but because the bar doesn't count I didn't lift anything

> more than you man
> what, show it?
> nah, can't. i'm retired.

How did it feel to be a fat fuck?

like bar plus 20 on each side almost died that day and my chest hurt for 2 weeks

Nope

What the fuck, are you me from the future or something? I've been going to the gym very early to avoid looking like a fuckin weakling because I can only OHP 55lb

Is he natty?

nah, he's using whey

Nothing personnel kid

1pl8 x 4
>not memeing

i did 165 the first day and was weighing 165. i thought it was normal to be able to bench your bodyweight? seems like every healthy male should be able to do it

I don't remember. It couldn't have been more than 50kgs(110lbs). I do remember struggling with 40kgs(88lbs).

Niggie my first day was 1600 days ago, I have no idea.

It was a lot though. I am much better than you.

I'm going to the gym for the first time in 10 years (never benched back then anyways) or so tomorrow

Will report back with results

lmao5pl8 of 5 stones