What's your jaw routine look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rV-ijcP6vDM
youtube.com/watch?v=0BVwxMIUK1o
youtube.com/watch?v=7iaLQZ73ujQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bored Oral Hygienist student here, AMA

smoker and coffee drinker, just imagine

What's the best OTC method to get the best white-gains?

Hydrogen peroxide stuffs, mostly gels or strips
Whitening toothpastes are a scam tho
In all honestly I wouldnt recommend teeth whitening to my friends/relatives since it weakens your enamel, might leave them sensitive.
Just make sure you go for a regular teeth hygiene to remove calculus and after removing you'll get polishing which most of the time restores natural teeth colour by a few white shades, without the cons of whitening

How long will it take for my teeth to stain if I smoke about 1 pack per week maybe a bit less (I go on and off I'm not a consistent smoker).

I have early signs of gum disease because I didn't take proper care of my teeth when I had braces 10 years ago

Despite flossing almost daily for years, brushing my teeth, and using hydrogen peroxide I still look like I have the early signs

How do I get better gums?

Cant give you simple answer on this since it depends on a lot of factors like how much coffee, Wine you consume, how well you brush, even on your mouth bacteria biofilm.
Although if you regularly get them proffesionally cleaned and polished it will take much longer for stains to form

I never got the appeal of bleached white teeth

bones only look that color after lying in the sun for weeks

Again, proffesional care. you cannot remove calculus at home, which is the reason of gum disease(inflamation- gingivitis) most of the time.
When you dont remove all plaque when brushing, flossing, some is left and hardens over time to calculus, which iritates gums badly, creates inflamation which can lead to periodontitis, and teeth loss without care

> you'll get polishing
Like, dentist-polishing?

Haven't actually been to a dentist in about 5 years because I'm omega-poor in a state that keeps declining my medicaid for dental.

I don't have any tooth problems and I practice normal oral hygiene, but the top-middle part of my front top teeth is more yellowish than I'd like and I don't know how to get it white.

Been smoking for 8 years and only brush my teeth once a day. My teeth are still white as fuck, how come?

What the fuck is that black shit?

I have removed the really tough plaque with one of them metal scrapers

is there any risk to doing this every now and then?

Well yeah, after calculus remove youll get your teeth polished with pic related and highly abrasive tooth paste which helps remove stains(not all tho) Oral hygiene costs 60-80euros, atleast where I live, but you can get it really cheap from students in unis where they need patients to practise

I'm american. Without insurance I'd be dropping like 500 dollary-doos.

My corporate overlords don't provide me dental insurance, either. I'd have to buy it out of pocket.

well you can remove some, but it has tendency to form subgingive which you really cannot remove all without special instruments, also there is always risk of damaging your gums to that level that they start receding and your teeth roots start showing, also you can scrape enamel while doing it yourself.
Means you won genetic lotery. Depends on a lot of factors, some people have strong enamel combined with good oral habits, some dont even smoke nor drink coffe and have stained teeth.

Damn thats pretty costly.
Although dental hygiene is recommended twice a year, get it done atleast once a few years

I brush before bed and avoid acidic beverages. That's all. Last time I went to the dentist they said my teeth and gums looked great. That was a year ago.

A bit of my wisdom tooth fell off and I can see some root? I assume behind it.

I got told by medic that it won't get infected if it isn't causing pain or anything but I should save up to get them removed or at the very least, crowned.

Is he correct? I have zero money. But it's been a few months now and it defo doesn't look clean back there anymore

definitely get it removed, wisdom teeth are evolutonary garbage, they get infected quickly and cause even more problems.

Just buy a metal polishing brush and do it urself

What's the best tootpatse without fluoride?

I used to have braces and due to circumstances had them for a long time. Got them remkbed and have good teeth but they are yellowish now since i didn't brush much before(I brushed regularly after I got my braces removed).

My dentist is being Jewish and says whitening is "recommended" after braces but it's costly.

Any cheap solution?

i got a front tooth kicked out by some Ahmeds, and here in Germany an implant costs me 9000 euros.

Are tgere any countrys where they do cheap high quality implants?

I heard getting wisdom teeth removed fucks up your jaw and makes your face more narrow.

I have enough room in my mouth for them but my jewtist keeps wanting to pull them

>brush teeth with electric toothbrush x 2 daily
>floss x 1 nightly

used to smoke, chew, and not give a fuck about tooth health. Now I need a crown on my back molar and a few cavities filled and I take this shit suryus

I haven't brushed my teeth in years and just use mouth wash every couple of days, how fucked am I?

this thread needs more ortho. How can I provoke some dudebro into breaking the precise part of my jaw that's causing my underbite

just get a piece of paper and some cardboard and glue this to them, you can easily scale them to the size you need

teeth are geneticly amazing. i wouldnt be suprised if i died and the only thing i feel is my teeth

cancer cancer cancer related
youtube.com/watch?v=rV-ijcP6vDM

>remove calculus
Do people hate math that much?

At my old community college they literally paid students to come in and let hygienist students practice cleaning your teeth. America too.

youtube.com/watch?v=0BVwxMIUK1o

My teeth got fucked as a result of numerous years of bruxing. What method would you recommend to fill my missing chunks of teeth and get them as fit as possible?

Pic related, not as fucked but still kinda close

I'm going in for "deep cleaning" sessions, how bad is it going to be?

Dental Insurance is fairly cheap, brah

expect some bleeding and slight pain, nothing serious tho unless you have bad condition
pretty much dun goofed
Again, go for dental hygiene and polishing, if that doesnt help go for whitening
Why would you want a toothpaste without flouride in the first place?
esthetic dentistry is your answer

How shit would you guys rate my teeth? They are perfectly healthy and never had a cavity in any adult teeth. Recently got my bottom two wisdom teeth removed due to being very impacted. Everything is healed great. Do you guys think this looks like shit? Pretty self conscious about it but braces would cost a fortune and i am already 21 years old.

Do you guys think this is a glaring thing people notice?

they look healthy, if you have money get braces, they're great investment, which makes your smile and jawline look more aesthetic

People only need wisdom teeth removed if they have small jaws/palates. BTFO JAWLETS

How to get white teeth besides quitting smoking?

Why would you want fluoride anyway?

Hello mouth breather

theyre often impacted and it doesnt even matter if you have lots of space for them to grow, they fuckers just sometimes decide to grow sideways
Also people tend to brush them badly since theyre far away which makes them get caries fairly quickly

Read other posts
flouride helps with enamel remineralization.
demineralization is caused by acidic pH, which leads to caries, flouride helps fight that

I don't mouth breath m8. Jaw is normally developed. Just had bad overcrowding with my teeth.

Are my gums receding? What should I do?

pic quality is absurd but it seems like they are. Gum receeding can be caused by several factors like:
Brushing your gums too hard with toothbrush
Gum inflamation(gingivitis, mostly caused by plaque, calculus)
Poorly fitted dentures
Some diseases
From the redness they do look inflammed, go get a proffesional cleanup, you cant really reverse receeding but you can stop it

Thanks for this user. You wouldn't believe it I've been having dreams of losing teeth for 3 years straight.

So I just get professional cleanup quarterly and I can stop the receeding?

What are the chances I lose the tooth? What can I do if ever I lose the tooth?

>So I just get professional cleanup quarterly and I can stop the receeding?
combined with proper self oral hygiene - yes
>What are the chances I lose the tooth?
Cant really tell, depends on lots of factors, gingivitis, which you have, leads to periodontitis, which you probably also have(hard to tell from the pic) leads to teeth loss
What can I do if ever I lose the tooth?
Dental implants which are pretty costly, dentures or just live with it.

I brush, floss, and use mouthwash once a day daily but I havent been getting cleanups so Ill start getting those.

If I do have periodontitis, could I still prevent the tooth loss? I'm currently 23 if age matters.

>If I do have periodontitis, could I still prevent the tooth loss?
yes, most definitely. During the cleanups, hygienist will remove hardened plaque/calculus which is the main reason of periodontitis

That gives me some hope. Thank you so much user. I really appreciate you taking the time.

I've been having dreams of losing teeth for 3 years and counting already.

>be me, 34 y-o
>smoked a pack a day for 15 years (stopped a month ago)
>alcoholic (stopped a month ago)
>haven't seen a dentist in 10 years
>teeth look like shit

Yet you know what, I just came back from a periodontist (a special dentist that deals with gum disease). After a full exam, she basically told me my teeth aren't THAT bad, and she sees a great potential for aesthetics.
It will be a long process that will cost me a few thousand dollars, but godamn it felt awesome to hear that, I was sure that I needed teeth implants everywhere, which cost a shitload of money. Anyway, bottomline is you should definately see your dentist twice a year, don't be as dumb as me

recently my gums around my canines have been receding for no reason, i brush gently and never bleed when i brush and i floss as well, two times a day and sometimes even three. when i was younger i had braces and now where the metal would rub against my gums theres a hole in my gums, will i die and can i grow gums back?

no inflammation either.

gums dont grow back, sorry.
Although there are some gum surgeries which fix them, put back in place, but prevention costs less.
Its good that you floss and brush atleast two times, but do you go for proffesional cleanups? Theyre as important as self care

cant really tell the cause without inspecting

How to quit alcohol
Pls don't say AA, I'm agnostic

had a hygienist appointment couple of weeks ago, he only used the ultrasonic scaler and then polished my teeth, I still have some plaque buildup on my teeth at the gum line.

Did he con me?

did the plaque formed after visit or he just cleaned them poorly?
If cleaned poorly and left some then fuck that guy. some people just tend to get calculus very quickly, had some patients come 3 weeks after total cleanup and they already had shitload of calculus.

how old are you? How much do you drink? Do you drink alone ? Do you lift and eat well ?

it was after the appointment, I've been using corsodyl which supposedly helps the inflammation.

if the resolution is shit, there is tartar at the gumline on all of them and on the gumline, there are dark red lines of inflammation I think.

if you floss and never bleed, you're probably doing it wrong. have you asked your dentist if you're flossing correctly?

i was doing it wrong for years before he showed me how. it's a dumb and simple thing that most people dont know how to do

cant really see much from this pic but if there were some plaque left then drugs wont cure inflamation when the cause hasnt been removed.

Can I report the hygienist, you're basically stating what I thought? and I've booked an appointment at another dentist, for both an hygienist and also going to ask for root planing if needed on the area.

Can I gargle with hydrogen peroxide to whiten my mouth bones?

I'd go to ask for a refund/proper clean or something first, if the fucker is not cooperative then sure go ahead and report his faulty work

no.
whitening agents have only small ammounts of hydrogen peroxide, also gargling wont do much since its not really a direct application

At least six beers 5 days a week more on weekends
I start with friends then keep going alone at home
Lift is intermittent due to hangovers, my food diet is pretty on point, veggies, meat, cheese, low grains.
I tell myself I'll quit and I can do a few days, but then I get invited out and I have one to seem normie, then it's off to the races
> Select all salads
> I picked a thing of wild flowers
Not today skynet

Ok well first of all you should stop drinking at home. Just make sure you never have any alcohol. If you have trouble falling asleep sober, you can either take a sleeping pill (occasionally) or start doing more cardio. I sleep a baby whenever I did some decent cardio.

You should start by restricting the alcohol for weekends only, in fact you should restrict to only one night of drinking (you don't want social suicide afterall). Just consider it your cheat meal I guess, or your ''reward'' for eating clean and being sober during the whole week.

It's all in the head though. You'll have urges but they're not that bad (nowhere near as bad as cigarettes). Whenever I'm home alone and feel like drinking, I listen to motivational speeches, and focus on how well I will feel tomorrow morning when I wake up.

youtube.com/watch?v=7iaLQZ73ujQ

ive bleed only a few times when i was flossing, but since i do it daily it probably only happens once every 2 weeks maybe 3

I brush regularly but I don't have time to floss. My dentist keeps saying even though I Listerine rinse and brush every day, I'm still gonna get cavities. Hell I've even taken acid reflux pills to prevent stomach acid since a lot of my cavities are in the back molars.
Thoughts?

i have horrible breath, and its worse when i breath in/out through my nose. next check up is next month, what do Veeky Forums???

Brush your tongue, too. If you have cavities, that's the main problem. If you touch your finger to one and smell, you'll immediately understand.

REMOVE CALCULUS

>I don't have time to floss

You can't make this shit up

he can scale them to look like spongebob

Oil pulling has helped my gums stat coming back.

Its not quackery either and dentists even agree. I had a loose tooth from how bad they were receding and now its tightly in there cant move it at all. Saved me from a heart attack because it was my front tooth and i didnt need all that.

r8 my teeth gainz

total time 1.5 years
got them off this year age 25

reminder that healthy teeth are not white. dentin has a yellow-ish color

#2 was the best desu senpai

dang nice. braces are sick.

i had them when I was younger. my teeth are straight, but they're not nice looking teeth. inconsistent sizes, shapes, etc. wish i could do something about it.

Very good. I wish I had mine done when I was younger.

That was post-surgery day. My brain was so fucked up because of loss of blood and the drugs I was given that I was just giggling for 10 mins before I could take a proper photo

Yeah same. If anyone is considering it you should do it ASAP. It takes ages just to get the process underway

my gums are swollen and they bleed from time to time, what should i do?
vitamin C or some shit like that?

Broken top molars on both sides and dentist scares me.