Muscules that are not for show

vice.com/read/the-incredible-falsehood-of-the-muscle-man

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L6CdZ4nJojA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not going to read that but i can tell you that its a shit article

> good goy, society and girls don't like muscles, don't spend ur time in the gym :^)

thanks. roids are good ....

>does 25 push ups like it's nothing
Holy fucking shit, this is what we call F U N C T I O N A L M U S C L E

shopped much? not like oiled and flexing... see unflexed fat like look of body buildrs

/POL/ WAS RIGHT AGAIN!

denial ist/ aryan pride

>le skilled martial artist will overcome any strength disadvantage meme
The best fighters in the world have athleticism and technique in equal measure

actuall this time it was

>muscles aren't good for gay shit like hitting a ball
oh wow who would've guessed
now look at UFC fighters

body builders good for slowly lifting rocks at the zoo

He was talking about MMA fighters and you reply with bodybuilders
Genius

Honestly, the article is pretty much right. Bodybuilders aren't the strongest, but casuals think they are. Most real athletes, even strength athletes, don't look 'ripped'.

and pops high-rep bench presses of his own weight
>(at 5'8", he's 150 pounds).
i thought he was gonna be like 200pounds or something, kek

thank god, here I am think I need to look like brad fit

reporting in from /pol/ . They just want us to never work out and be in trend with fat acceptance and unhealthy lifestyles. Vice is a peace of shit western backed media... good goy never work out, be lazy, fat, get cucked, never play dread games onyour stupid woman. never question authority

>He segued to CrossFit until a herniated disc forcibly segued him into gymnastics.

I kek'd a bit at this random article including someone getting injured while probably doing crossfit.

I can't tell when /pol/ is being serious anymore, which is hilarious.

> does 25 pushups like it's nothing

that would ALMOST be acceptable for a female. what. the. fuck.

He's not wrong though. If you're still reading Vice you need to reevaluate big time.

You go take a look at mainstream media and try and tell me there isn't a concerted trend towards the emasculation of young men in general.

>KEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEK
>KEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEK
>GOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOYGOY
>THE JEWS DID 9/11

/pol/ is a board of peace.

Gas the kikes, race war now.

youtube.com/watch?v=L6CdZ4nJojA

wtf i hate /pol/ now

not all /pol/

check your privilege!

but do you know about the joos?

TBQH
Thread was over a long time ago

A gym membership is quite a Jewish trap to fall into though.. its like any subscription. Ultimately you could just save up a but and get your own equipment.

Quality post

Time to reconsider my viewpoints

>Despite the current talk about centeredness, health, fitness, self-respect, their main goal is, as one gym's slogan puts it, to #lookbetternaked.
>implying it's not about making it or to leave humanity behind

this article is just another excuse for fatasses , even if they are not hiking etc
we're still better off than people doing nothing.

Are they fucking retarded?
Not all athletes are bodybuilders.

Fighters, sprinters, swimmers all have noticeable body shapes. Are they as prominent as a roided builder? No, but it still is noticeable.

Look at literally any UFC fighter and tell me he looks average.

Calisthenics veterans also have very noticeable physiques.

A faggot excuse for a shitty body. IRL a mildly buff guy may actually easily be a muay-thai fighter, who'll actually rip your faggy face off.

Athletic look =/= bodybuilder look =/= average look

>Are they fucking retarded?
Yes.

>vice
>not more sjw """""""""journalism""""""""""
Pick one

Every professional or semi-professional athlete looks at least mildly buff. Women included. You don't need to be a fucking gaybuilder.

There isn't.

Thinking the exact same thing, who the fuck thinKS 25 pushups is impressive

Every professional or semi-professional athlete does bodybuildingas well.

100% agree, but I don't have enough lebensraum...
sneaky kikes got me this time...

>Marcus Jecklin ... has a secret: he's terrible at those sports. "I never live up to the expectations people have of my body," he told VICE. "I'm constantly disappointing people. It's more embarrassing than anything else. I'm not as fast as people expect. Not as strong. Not as anything. I'm basically average. Secretly average."
I am willing to bet he can outlift anyone in those pickup games in the big three, and powerlifting is as valid and any other athletic pursuit.
>M...My sport's better than your sport
>M...My definition of athleticism is better than your definition of athleticism
>This apple is clearly comparable to this orange
Grow the fuck up, you sound like the soccer players who made fun of the hockey players in school. Funny how toned down when they were within earshot.

>John Baranik, 22...does 25 pushups like it's nothing, and pops high-rep bench presses of his own weight (at 5'8", he's 150 pounds). He can do sit-ups "until the cows come home,"
>Nic Berard: sit-ups are "the worst exercise you can do because they're spine-crushing."; bench presses are "not healthy"
25 pushups like it's nothing if you aren't fat as hell, how is that impressive? And you are seriously going to hold up this guy and what he can do as prime examples of athleticism and then turn around and claim it is all unhealthy and stupid when bros do it, all in space of maybe 20 sentences? You can either have your cake, or you can eat it.

They also professional athletes on a pedestal:
>...missing the point by developing muscles that do little other than please the eye. Take biceps. "...biceps are required by almost no sport. You don't need them to throw a ball, swing a bat or a racket or a punch, swim, or climb,"
May want to mention that professional athletes suffer injury all the time.

Tommy-John surgery.

Now did you think of bodybuilders or a certain group of professional athletes?

Shit just do what you want to do and do it smart, don't pay any mind to a bitter skinnyfat journalist.

The general population is actually extremely unfit by any Veeky Forumscizen's standards.

>"Gymnastics is more injury-preventive,"
wtd are these people on about?

no, for example - runners not including sprinters doesnt do bodybuilding

i think they meant starter yoga or some shit that won't push you enough... i know two ex gymnasts that had injuries and could not continue

Pretty much every pro at bjj also lifts weights. I fucking hate nu-vice and want to kill Shane Smith

>Everybody getting this mad ITT

I bet you eat meat so that you can look more intimidating. You guys are only showing your ego and lack of true strength.

I dont believe that for one second
1 fucking pullup? i could do more than that when i was fucking 13

12:17 for a mile?? Wtfff

>does 25 push ups like it's nothing
As a skinnyfat overlord to whom the gains goblin bow, I could do 25 pushups after a week of training.
25 is not impressive

it is very true that knowledge and practice in the real martial arts (bjj, muy thai, boxing, wrestling, judo, ect.) far exceeds any "advantage" given by athleticism.

The idea that muscles=powerful comes from hollywood.

I weigh 155 lbs and I submit and defeat muscle heads who weigh 200 lbs plus all the time

Just a little bit of grappling study and practice will make you a god amongst UNARMED men, regardless of their size.

Be sure to practice with punches and kicks though so you know which techniques work with striking incorporated.

>$874 for vitamins and supplements
>1 pull-up

My dad was in yoga for a while and it is not safe at all once beyond starter level.

You need elastic tendons and joints.

I never intend to get into a fight

My father is successful and says hes never had a violent escalation in his entire life, not even an argument that can turn into one

When do I use my strength and size? Whenever someone looks at me, and acknowledges that I'm bigger, better looking and probably healthier than the average person. Whenever I do ->anything

>techniques work with striking incorporated.

The only reason you would ever be in a situation where you would have to strike somebody is if you live in a 3rd world where they can't poo in the loo

For fuck sake I hate this argument. The amount of time and effort required to be a buff Swimmer is like x4-x5 times that of a weightlifter. Doing leisurely laps won't build muscles for shit.

honestly any self respecting man or woman would do well to teach themselves unarmed combat

start and focus on grappling. keep in mind when and where your opponent could be punching you in real life.

fighting is not something you become good at because you are strong or heavy.
Fighting is not something you are good at "naturally" and can be good at without practice.

Fighting is an art and a discipline that must be learned like all the other studies.

This, plus fists are shitty weapons to start fights with when It can be escalated to bottles, knifes, and guns in a heart beat.

You never know what is going to happen.

For those of you who carry, you would better understand the mind set. Think of grappling as an insurance policy when you are separated from your weapon.

I am literally a skinnyfat dogshit, but can do 11.

I don't know, how some manage to pull up 1 time.
And I was even fatter before.

I call total bullshit.

Size fucking matters. How are you going to get that guy some jujitsu move when you can't even get your hand around his arm?

There's a reason every combat sport has weight categories. Because 1 weight category off and you get slaughtered.

Likewise, you smartasses who think a few years of Jujitsu are going to give you a chance against some guy who's been bulking for years should wake up. Everyone these days as watched UFC and when you're adrenaline is pumping and you try out your fancy move on a guy two shirt sizes bigger than you, and you make the slightest mistake, he's going to tie you into a pretzel and punt you three addresses down the street.

tldr; SIZE FUCKING MATTERS

>Whenever someone looks at me, and acknowledges that I'm bigger, better looking and probably healthier than the average person

I'm not going to acknowledge you because I know I can kick your ass.

You shoot me one of your faggot "looks" and I'm going to follow you around town calling you a faggot and a pussy in front of everyone. It won't get physical, I'll just follow you and humiliate you in front of everyone until you attack me or call the police, at which point I will wait till they show up and tell them that I've been "hurting his feelings" all day long.

>There's a reason every combat sport has weight categories

weight only matters amongst trained professionals and in truth it's a tradition and a carry over from boxing which by it's nature relies more on physical power than actual fighting.

I know you are a weight lifter and not familiar with the culture of fighters, but look up the first ufcs.

The guy who won weighed 170lbs while the average weight of the competitors was 230 plus.

He defeated them with grappling.

in the early days the ufc had no rules, for those faggots who say "it's a sport no a real fight".

All the "tough guys" got demolished by a skinny little grappler.

Because for some reason guys who lifts weights are incapable of learning how to grapple.

To be honest I wouldn't like to fuck with either group. I'm pretty sure you would get your ass handed to you by a strongman if you are not mr jiu jitsu or some shit.

>get a gun

Pretty much.

I started working out while still at uni to get a better physique simply because it gave me a measureable advantage during moot courts and mock trials. Hell, it gave me an edge during examinations.

Wow, someone has self esteem problems.

I have no reason to give you a bad look or act aggressive towards you. Because I'm not a douche.

No offense, but you seem like one.

>vice
is this you OP?

Biggest faggot in this thread and there are some pro level cockgobblers in here.

Except muscles do make you powerful. You think if those same 200 lb muscle heads practiced just a little that they wouldn't destroy you? There's a reason all the fighting sports are segregated by weight.

>you will never have anger problems and insecurity like this poster
feelsgoodman

no matter how strong you are, you are weaker than steel and lead.

Fuckin hell Vice is run by a bunch of numale feminist cuck bois.

you're right I apologize, I thought you were saying you shoot intimidating looks at people using your size to intimidate people, I completely misread what you said.

Bullshit. You're a fucking moron. You "go to ground" with someone bigger than you and he's just going to twist your head off.

Skinny pricks who think they know "kung fu" and can beat anyone regardless of size are delusional.

You're not Gracie and you'll never be one. Weight matters in trained professionals but even more so in amateurs where raw physicality is going to matter more. Just punching from a big guy is going to do more damage than some skinny guy, or I suppose you're going to magically not get punched?

Guessing you don't do jiu-jitsu.
you're just a faggot who gets pussy-padded around the ninjutsu dojo.
Watch more Chinese cartoons you fucking faggot

you're a tough guy

you're all a bunch of faggot hypocrites.

You fucks harass people with fucking death threats all the time when you think you are anonymous and can get away with it.

Don't patronize me.

Point is, emasculating him is not a crime, and if he attacks me, I'll kick his ass.

>tfw i actually get spooked by 110-lb-when-soaking-wet skellies

fuck dude it's just surreal seeing such small forearms and legs. straight up looks fragile and like they would snap off with a stiff enough breeze

also,

>everyone who isnt me on the internet is the same exact person

>does 25 pushups like it's nothing, and pops high-rep bench presses of his own weight (at 5'8", he's 150 pounds)

What a fuckin animal

Is this average bench something they tested, or something they asked people for how much they can bench?
Most normies have no idea what weights and body fat percentiles actually are. I had this skinny dude at the gym telling me about how his army training and how he was less than 5% body fat during that time.
I had this guy at work telling me about how he wants to get close to 1% body fat. I'm like fucking why would you want that? "So my abs are showing. You cant see your abs unless you dont have any fat." Then he tells me how he used to bench over 200lbs when he was 16 training for football one season.

It's alright little buddy. Let it all out. We're here for you.

The quads of truth.

The most popular board on this shit site is a neo nazi board that glorifies racism and violence.

You people masturbate to kid pr 0n and gore

You harass people and ruin their lives from the comfort of your chairs.

If I want to follow someone around and let the world know he's MY little faggot bitch, I'll do it.

Be less obvious next time

What scares the trained

this should scare anyone.

>1 in 7 rather workout than have sex
Top kek

>Not being strong, trained, and armed
>2016 I seriously hope you guys don't do this

I actually like their documentaries

>Using my superior intellect, I see through the jewish conspiracy in mainstream media to make future generations to become mindless, genderless weaklings.

I tip my fedora in your general direction, fellow enlightened katana wielder! *tip tip*

> implying women and children aren't intimidating

They're not scary in the traditional sense, obviously, but you better not get to close to kids that aren't your own (no matter how much you might like children) if you don't want to risk being labeled a predator.

Same thing with certain women (e.g. gold diggers) who will worm her way under your defenses then cuck the shit out of you and take half your stuff.

And that's primarily the problem, you can fight a man to the death and the courts will acquit you on self defense. But if you so much as get frustrated with and even lightly shove a woman, she's going to fall down face first, get severely hurt, and possibly even die.

Whats up with the "I could beat u in a fight" threads lately?

Why do you care if people who have muscle know how to fight or not? Humanity evolved beyond that dude, wake up. Martial arts are a sport now and a good way to have discipline in your life, the aim is not to become strong to beat anyone in a fight, because fights are not a thing anymore. If a nigga hates you enough you're gonna get shot, if someone is going to mug you, he is going to have a gun, you can argue that you have a better chance of somehow disarming and resisting a dangerous situation if you know how to fight but you could say the same about some other guy who owns a gun. And both of you have a bigger risk to get shot and die or even worse, get shot and become paralyzed.

Drop these childish dreams of glory user, those days are gone.

>average arm size - 13"
>average 1 pullup
>12 minutes to run a mile
>180lb bench press on average

Fuck, did everyone e-stat their bench in that study?

>average ameritard
>5'9.2"
>5.08"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is comedy gold

>vice

sociopath; the post

it's fucking Veeky Forums mate, there's a reason we come here you dumbfuck

I was the most dyel fucking skinnyfat piece of shit in my day and even I could smash out 45 for basic. I actually practiced pushups and situps at the time though. As someone who has a blue belt in BJJ and has worked in law enforcement for three years now, I can tell you that a jacked dude with fighting experience >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a dyel faggot with fighting experience.

what reason is that?