/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /plg/ - powerlifting general!
Primarily for the discussion of powerlifting.

In loving memory of Esme.
She will be missed.

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/strength-equipment/power-racks
amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3408451
amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Heavy-Olympic-Power-Multi/dp/B00S6LOBP0/ref=sr_1_2?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1473285322&sr=1-2&keywords=Power cage
strengthshop.co.uk/weights-bars/bars/texas-power-bars.html
rogueeurope.eu/the-rogue-bar-2-0-eu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I get to max my squat tomorrow. I can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous to find out if sheiko has actually been working.

>1 pl8 deads
Please be grill

Where are you finding all of these pictures of him? Also looking at some of these, I can't believe he took that picture, looked at it, and thought, "Yep. This looks good. I should post this on the internet."

Fuck off beta orbiter

SMESH
M
E
S
H

If you're gonna fake-knut, atleast learn the filenames.

just back from the gym lads

smeshed 112.5kg x5 squats, banged out a filthy 52.5kg x3 ohp and absolutely monged a sexy 140kg x5 dl, accidentally put 5kg instead of 2.5 on the deadlift too, it was sik tho

god I hope sl goes on forever lads, this has been a fun couple of months so far ngl

Bounced the gfs head off the ground again lads

enjoy dem gains breh... I loved seeing how much stronger I was getting from week to week

Where did I go so wrong
>160kg squat
>140kg deadlift
>80kg bench

What does she look like? Anything like Cara Delevinge?

yes actually

how fat r u

Not very. I have incredibly short femurs and don't know how to bench apparently.

Hes posting pictures of himself, you boy genius

No more neets to spam this general I see

It's blueshoes only goal in life. To make himself a meme

please do not respond to blueshoes posters

I want to build a home gym.

Can somebody post dreamer webms? I want to see how he set up his gym in his room.

everyone's back to uni, everyone's back to school, everyone's back to college

I don't think there's too many neets here anyway. or at least enough to keep this thread alive outside of peak time.

Something something Livia Cavalcanti

What's the simplistic power rack I can buy? 7ft maximum.

All these power racks are gimmicky

roguefitness.com/strength-equipment/power-racks

amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3408451

There are tons of options on Amazon. Mine is a TDS 1000 pound capacity rack. It cost me a little over $300 with free shipping. I have no gripes besides the J Hooks not having some type of anti abrasive padding on them.

You could also keep your eye on Craigslist.

You could also probably find squat stands really cheap, but they're not going to be nearly as versatile.

>amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3408451
Interesting, I'm from the UK and the selection isn't this vast.

Mind giving me a run down on how much you spent for your equipment? I've got a grand budget. Thinking of putting it all in a water proof steel shed, bad idea?

Oh god I just wanna suck on her butthole all day long

well I think that's really quite a crass statement to be making in this Christian general.

>tfw start to feel like I'm just getting weaker and fatter and then set a huge PR out of nowhere

is there anything i should worry about? deload?
fatigue is a tricky bitch

Rack 330
Texas power bar 350
Horse stall mats x3 36ea
600 lbs of plates avg 600 (bumpers were more, metal less, got a combo)
Plastic quick snap Collars 12
CHEAP bench for 75 (drop 150+ for an adjustable if you can)
Dip belt, resistance band, chalk, etc.

All in all 1500 American pesos our so. Shed should be fine, just watch your barbell for rust.

I was with you up until the PR bit

>mom ripped down my new "phil" sign on my door, third one this week
>run into her bedroom asking what her problem is
>she screams that my name isnt even phil
>tells me to grow up
whats her problem, /plg/?

I found this, any good?
amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Heavy-Olympic-Power-Multi/dp/B00S6LOBP0/ref=sr_1_2?s=fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1473285322&sr=1-2&keywords=Power cage

Also how the hell did you get a Texas bar for 350 dollars? They're like £500 here minimum!

Any reason to get an adjustable bench? I love incline bench but I don't know if it's worth the extra money and loss of comfort.

I just wanna stick my dick inside that butthole and wiggle around in it

>tells me to grow up
what did she mean by this

probably disappointed her filthy genetic dead end son never even went to ipf nationals this year

How much/often do you guys inflate your 1rms for memeko?

Im wrapping up week 2 with bench and squat inflated by 10lbs each and it isn't overly challenging. I thought I remembered some people inflating by 10kgs so I wanted to poll.

>tfw hungry after work so I got Cane's

Making brawts too. Who /gainmass/ here?

>is there anything i should worry about? deload?
Eventually. You can run the prep cycles back to back several times but eventually all the work is going to catch up to your joints/muscles/mind. The comp cycles are designed to let you release the fatigue you've been building up. You can try running Prep1-->Prep2(inflate maxes slightly after this)-->Prep1-->Prep2-->Comp phase and see how it feels.

>fatigue is a tricky bitch
Agreed.

>I was with you up until the PR bit
Don't just survive it, thrive in it.

>They're like £500 here minimum!

???

strengthshop.co.uk/weights-bars/bars/texas-power-bars.html

£350 is still steep. I'm looking at £200 max for a bar.

mmmmmmmhmmm I just wanna bust a nut in Livias moist butthole so badly !!

it's probably the best you'll get, you really absolutely should not skimp on the bar, read up on some horror stories of dyels getting impaled when cheap bars snap or warp if you're not convinced.

Wtf how did you know her name?

What bars should I look for? All I cans find is generic Olympic bars. They are all generic.

I really can't spend more than £300 on a bar.

I just wanna thrust my thick cock into Livias tight, moist boipucci

ohio bar best bar

who's this Livia you speak of?

Everything from Ohio is objectively shit
See:
Browns, Bengals, blue jackets, Indians, Reds, benchbeta

The most beautiful Brazilian blonde that you'll ever lay eyes on

They have no centre knutling?

The fuck kind of logic is this?

"I can't spend more then 300 on a bar" when the bar is 350 ish.

What is budget

ohio power bar*

All the bars on the euro website have no centre knurling.

I can get this for £290
rogueeurope.eu/the-rogue-bar-2-0-eu

I don't know what to do about the centre knurlinf for issue however

yeah it doesn't look like you can get a rogue bar in europe with a center knurl. sucks man.

For progressing lifts, is it better to bulk, get a big chubby, and then just maintain that body weight? Or is it better to just be cutting or bulking most of the time?

>You can try running Prep1-Prep2(inflate maxes slightly after this)-->Prep1--Prep2-->Comp phase and see how it feels.
yeah this is kinda what i was thinking. i might be wrong but i'm not feeling too fatigued

you get to a bf% youre okay with and then lean bulk, cutting bulking is literal cancer

I have a torn labrum, and have been reverse grip benching for a while, but my injured shoulder is also rolled forward a bit, and I feel like benching isn't helping it.

Would it be a good idea to just floor press for a while, until I can fix my shoulder up? Floor pressing with a prone grip doesn't hurt my shoulder either.

Forgot to mention I'll be stretching my chest, anterior delts and doing frequent rear laterals to combat the shoulder that has rolled forward.

Disclaimer: I know fuck-all about shoulders.

Pushups might be safer, but you should probably stay away from anything heavy for a while.

Power cage - £190
Flat bench - £60
Barbell - £332 (Jesus Christ)
200kg plates + plate tree - £350
Total - £932

Am I cheaping out on the right things?

Any other barbells I should look at? £330 seems too much

define lean bulking

bf% not changing

sounds good, looks good to me

£300 is a bit steep, surprises me a bit, but I don't own a home gym. everything else sounds reasonable. I think buda has a home gym, or one of the trips does. maybe ask them for tips

impossible to do

Today all I had was a small protein shake (160 kcal), a sushi roll, and some chicken tenders (5 small pieces) and I don't feel hungry at all. Gonna have to stuff my face somewhat in an hour I guess.

totaling less than 500kg ... priceless

I don't?

I AM LIVIA CAVALCANTI AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS

Made a new OP

DELETE THIS

In the past hour i've had a turkey sub, peanut butter toast, waffles, sausage, milkshake, 8 saltine crackers, a banana, strawberries, and a bean burrito.

aint you natty?

GL on your tests. Make sure to hit below 4plate.

Don't worry, I won't squat 4pl8. My max at the beginning was 150kg. I'm really hoping for 160kgs, but we'll see how it goes.

I feel good about my deadlift though and can maybe pull 200-205kg.

wait till you finish the first block to inflate imo because it gets progressively harder. 10lbs should be fine thoufh

>not confident on squat
Odd, I thought sheikos programming felt in the same vein as canditos in the sense that if any things going to increase, it's the squat.

I have cancer femurs that are like 29% of my height and my squat form is the worst of the 3 lifts by far. Also not going over 85% for 9 weeks hasn't done wonders for my confidence. The doubles at 85% felt good last week though, so I'm hopeful.

I felt confident across the board when I ran sheiko. I'm gonna hold off on running it again until I get stronger though.

Jelly. Gonna have to step up my game.

This is what boris says to me

I only had a sandwich today and had nothing planned for dinner. So I just started eating everything. I feel sick now.

Double-blown rotator cuff. Anybody have some exercise ideas for me so I don't become a fat?

I get the 85% thing. I've benched over 2plate once and that was a while ago.

Was thinking about maybe doing some supra maximal loads with pin presses or board presses or something in block 2 instead of one of the normal days

Stop making me doubt my decisions breh, you're way stronger than me and holding off on the program I'm doing? Fuark

What are you on atm?

What belt is objectively the best to get? Finally going to invest in one.

Sheiko is completely fine to do because it works. There's literally nothing wrong with it if you have reached an intermediate level. That said I know I can progress at a monthly rate still so I'm running Greg Nuckols 28 meme programs. Working well so far.

The belt is the SBD belt, but it's also by far the most expensive. Any 13mm, either single prong or lever belt will do.

>The belt is the SBD belt
no it isnt

what is its cons then?

Which is then? I've heard nothing bad about it and it's something you'll have almost immediately.

get a wahlander druivenman

breaks, doesnt get as tight as a prong

Isnt the lever adjustable though? Where did you hear about it breaking? Genuinely curious.

>breaks
havent seen any break and could guarantee they would replace it

>doesnt get as tight as a prong
you are honestly telling me a lever doesnt get as tight as a prong?

are you just making things up to make a point

theres instagram videos of that belt breaking already

13mm prong belts will always be better than any memebelt for these reasons

Anyone take melatonin? Tried some last night and had some crazy dreams but I've felt a little foggy today.

I just ate one hamburger helper and 1/2 gallon of whole milk, and I had a thousand kcal shake earlier today. Unpleasant desu but I want that 1400 total, you can do it m8

>theres instagram videos of that belt breaking already
can you link?

search desu archive for it, try keywords like sbd and instagram