How does bar length affect lifts?
>able to bench 1.5pl8 with short, iron bar easily
>struggling at 1pl8 with longer, iron bar

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
bodybuilding.com/fun/punter-power-steve-weatherford-football-workout.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it weights more?

I guess the bar weighs more, that and you might not have proper symmetry on your lifts.
Now for my own question.
Should I do a routine that focuses more on shoulders or chest (while including the other but not as much) when going for aesthetics? (legs and shit like that are already taken care of btw)

except it doesnt after weighing them on a scale

Make sure you hit abs hard too if you're going for ass dead dicks

That's what I'm doing

Do you count calories of vegetables? I mean is it necessary or insignificant? How many calories of vegetables do you eat per day?

And what is the quickest way to prepare and eat eggs? Besides eating them raw

OP you should put qtddtot thread in the subject field instead of the name field....

If you're cutting yes definitely.
I prefer boiling eggs or baking them, less oil

Thanks. What do you mean by baking eggs btw? What do you do?

Boiling eggs seems best, but I can't eat it right after they're done because it's too hot to peel, and after peeling it's too hot to eat right away. How do you do it?

Just weight until they cool
As for baked, look up a recipe online there are tons.
IMO boiled is the best way to eat them because eggs are otherwise disgusting

im ultra skeleton mode
will alphas make fun of me at the gym

Run the eggs over cold water after they are done boiling.

Why are there 3 threads of this shit?

because OP can't into ctrl+f
this one is labeled so it can be searched

This should help you understand why the same sized weight is heavier on the long bar than on the short bar. It's how leverage works

I'm looking to improve my appearance

so far

>growing beard via minoxodil
>got new glasses
>working on bringing jaw forward
>getting swole
>standing up straight

however I'm 5'7.5" when barefoot

should I buy 1" lifts and claim 5'9"?

This is purely for social benefit.

they will help you alot desu. alot of people are cool but you will get a good amount of people that will act condescending and give you massively retarded tips. i can still remember the dumbest tip i ever got
>you tryna get big man?
>work your muscles till you feel like puking
>come in every day and keep working them
he proceeded to give me a list of shit to do and it was dumb as shit and every time he saw me
>yo user hows my program workin for ya?
after that i would just tell him great and leave. he was a marine so it's really no surprise to me

Tomorrow I'm going to a fancy dinner with a good friend of mine, it's a real high-end place, 4-star restuarant. He wants to treat us to the full experience. We're talking bottles of wine, 3-course meals, dessert, coffee, and appetizers.

The problem? I'm on a cut.

Is fasting until dinner tomorrow gonna hurt me? I know I'm gonna be starving until then.

Assuming the bars weigh the same there should be no difference lifting the bar straight up... none at all.

Unless you are spinning the bar in some way in which case the longer bar will have a larger moment of inertia (harder to spin). This is why tight rope walkers hold long poles... it increases their moment of initial meaning perturbations to the left or right won't affect them as much.

This guy I matched with on tinder is cool and interesting but he's fat were Veeky Forums in place would you do it?

leverage shouldn't play a role in benching.
Assuming the bars weigh the same, the total weight of bar plus plates will result in the same mass concentrated in the center of mass.

Get help

for?

requesting image for supplements to have a massive cumshot, would appreciate any help

Happy shooting user.

Just started jogging outside of the treadmill, doing 5-7kms every couple of days, haven't lost weight despite being not only under TDEE but also BMR. que?

Over how long of a period have you been recording your weight / keeping up this lifestyle?

If you stay consistently 250-500 kcal below your TDEE while exercising you will lose weight.

So you are either:
>eating more kcal than you think and hence not 250-500 kcal below you TDEE
> you have in some way overestimated your TDEE hence you are not below the true value

Solution is:
>drop your current TDEE estimate by 100 kcal
>continue monitoring your weight for the next few weeks
>if it still isn't dropping then lower your TDEE estimate by 100 kcal
>repeat until you are consistently losing 1lbs of fat per week on average

Also, bear in mind one off weight readings mean shit. You will vary by up to ±2kg day-by-day even hour-by-hour hence why I say "on average" above

Anyone with experience with MyProtein have any advice which flavors are alright.
tried strawberry already but want to try something else.
>banana
>chocolate
>white chocolate
any of these three any good

Was wondering how to find a new routine, got alot of free time at the moment and was going to increase to doing 4 or 5 days a week.
any advice on where to find good workout routines?

Put QTDDTOT in the OP next time you useless fuck

People ctrl+f for these threads and can't find them

How fast should you gain weight on a bulk as a beginner ?
How do you monitor weight gain precisely since weight fluctuates a lot from day to day (i can have more than 1kg of fluctuation from a day to another)

I'd usually weigh myself once or twice a week

Chocolate.

Best flavour by far imo but little less brotein than other flavours (worth it imo).

Cookies and cream is good too.

I've weighed myself first thing in the morning everyday since i started this bulk + waist mesurement once a week but i don't know, as a former fat fuck i feel scared i'm on slippery slope here

Out of the ones that I have tried:
GOAT
>cinnamon danish

GOOD
>chocolate smooth
>pecan pie

SHITE
>any fruit flavours

I'm doing my first cut, eating 2211 calories a day. I calculated that I should be eating around 238g of protein, which measures to 950 calories solely from protein. My plan is to get the rest of the calories from equal amounts of fat and carbs which translates to 71g of fat and 158g of carbs. These are rough numbers, but am I on the right track ? Is this a good protein/carb/fat ratio, if not what is a good one ?

I squatted yesterday and now my lower back hurts.
Does this mean I'm leaning too far forward?

salted caramel and vanilla raspberry are my favorites so far

oh and white chocolate tastes like shit

using 1rm calculators im at 920-940 lbs between my squat, bench and deadlifts. how quick until i hit 1k

Will I gain any significant imbalances if I deadlift over squatting for a few months?

Is this a good body-weight routine?

considering how well organized and put together the infographic is and how much effort someone put into creating it im going to go with no. do gomad as ss instead

I'm absolutely retarded when it comes to fitness. Right now I'm just cutting and doing a lot of cardio. I'm 5'11, is there any way to know how much I'd need to weigh to have 12% bf, or does that really depend on the person?

On a novice program, what can I expect from replacing reverse grip bench press with floor press?
Thinking of switching the two for now, because of my injured shoulder not being happy.
I know I'll have less chest development, but would I see a better progression with the press?

I'm on a novice program. While bulking hard, I got a common cold. I worked out once and felt like shit, but I made all lifts. Still feeling like shit now. Should I cont bulking while not working out or reduce intake?

IMO, just keep working out. You might feel like shit but exercise is actually good for getting over the common cold. if you do stop, if recommendcutting back your calories towards maitainence, but maybe not all the way, leave a small surplus.

Is eating your own jizz as a protein supplement a valid thing or just a Veeky Forums meme?

I'm asking for a friend of mine, obviously.

It's physics, I suppose.
Since M=Force*Length, leading to the fact that the longer the bar, the more force you have to apply, since moment of force will be affecting the edge stronger.

Just no. That is not how it works.

>the retard who cant put qtddtot in the subject is still here
lel

can i just eat at maintenance calories lift 3 times a week some main lifts and some hypertrophy work and thats it? I dont want to cut/bulk and do powerlifting programs to increase lifts weekly.

do a lean bulk and a recomp instead.
Your results won't be as fast, but it would work better than just eating at maintenance

Chocolate Smooth is bretty good, Strawberry flavors are fucking disgusting. Recently had Vanilla Raspberry. Not great, but it mixes really poorly and I"d probably recommend something else

I disagree. It's a good whole body routine for a beginner, to get a grasp on most body weigh exercise. Is it good on the long run? Probably not. But the progression is pretty doable.
Though let's be honest, whatever is your physical goal, it will be easier to achieve it using weights...

You should take your hard boiled eggs out of the pot and directly into an ice bath

Stupid question, but I gotta ask: considering that the body can't build infinite muscle, why not just bulk for the calories needed for the maximal muscle growth, with enough protein. Like 100/200 over your TDEE just to be sure. Because otherwise the excess is just stored as fat.
So my question is, what would happen if I were to bulk at a surplus of 100 Cals? I might not get the max result, but considering I wouldn't really need to cut, isn't it the best option for someone not aiming at big bodybuilding standards but just for an athletic look?
I'm genuinely wondering...

I have no education or skills, my parents have told me I'm a disappointment every day of my whole life, and I have extreme social anxiety.

How do I:
a) improve my situation
b) kill myself

I can help with the second one

For situation A it's a simple process:

Get part-time job, save up a couple thousand bucks. Next, go to a community college and apply for as many grants and scholarships as you can. Go for a major that you want to pursue (as long as it's not total bullshit, something that you can get a job with).

Next, get a full-time or career-centered part-time job and go on from there.

For situation B, work up the courage to actually do it.

hi Veeky Forums, average/strong (considering i last trained back in uni) guy here

i want to start lifting. now, the problem is that there's only one gym reasonably close to my house that's not criminally expensive, and it doesn't have a goddamn squat rack, and no free weights, only a fucking smith machine. are smith machines really as bad as the memes say they are, or can i do diddlys and bench and squat etc. on them?

As a guy who is in average shape, with a thick waist/hips and small shoulders
Is there anything i could do to look like Griffith?

Lift weights. Develop your lats. You won't look like a freaking anime character, but that's the closest you'll get.

How do i avoid getting little baby abs like this guy?
Low bodyfat means nothing if you look weird af

I thought it was a fairly realistic physique for a cartoon
Thanks though

Where can I buy DNP? All the old sources are ded, and I don't know where to get it locally.

Thanks user... I'll try my best.

should a Skinnyfat manlet with a little pot belly bulk?

Been lifting for two months. Only noticeable change so far is my ass looks better. I'm physically stronger though and feel firmer unde my own skin.

Scared of just making myself fat.

5'6' 62kg.

Whats the best way to achieve greek husbando mode

newcomer to Veeky Forums and just barely started working out again for the first time in several years

just wondering what you all thought of video workouts, are they comeplete bullshit or memes?

have been doing insanity for 2 weeks now and i feel good, am i fucking up though?

Only do compound lifts and weighted pullups
Lift heavy
Lift often
Eat heavy

it's very possible to minimize the amount of fat you pack on with with bulking, but the tradeoff is it's very very very slow comparatively. Like 1/4 as fast. So a bulk and cut that would normally take 6-7 months could take a year or longer of purely mini-bulking.

Progress without injury is the only way to measure how well you're doing. For the most part video workouts are memes since you're not using any equipment and are limited by your space.

Either way, you'll get out of skelly mode. Personally I'd bulk since you look like shit anyhow. Once you hit 18% BF cut.

Routine recommendation?

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

What's a viable routine when going for a long bulk (6-9 months, ideally)?

Really want to tack on mass during this time so when I cut next summer I won't look totally dyel

Currently king of manlets 150lbs, haven't lifted in a few years for medical reasons. Really don't want to do SS again. I was thinking of PHUL, but other anons have suggested Texas Method.

lol. I had a gym rat tell me squats are pointless and the smith machine is just as good

Is masturbation cardio?

only if you do it right

pls respond

Bump
Plz respond

they are bad but they are better than nothing. Still pretty bad to the point where I would consider nothing

I've gone from about 251 to 239 since July 5th. Let's say I keep cutting until Xmas. Could I expect to keep this pace? So like 5ish lbs a month? 6'3 btw

How does Veeky Forums do their bicep hammer curls? I've always done mine standing but I've been told that it is better to do it sitting on a bench at 90 degree angle (I.e shoulder press position) just wondering opinions

How much does the barbell clamp weigh? Should I add this to my calculations? thx

Can you professional Veeky Forumsizens help me out with advice on here instead?

boards.Veeky Forums.org/adv/thread/17546368/killing-myself-as-last-resort#bottom

Here is the thread rather than copy pasting. I need help and don't know what to do. I don't think I'll be able to make it, and I gave up on SS two months ago. My life is becoming a mess

it's not rotating around a point if you're benching. you're lifting the entire bar and weights, the only thing that matters is the weight.

not enough that it matters

It might deserve its own thread but:

I've injured my back. I've been off leg days and deadlifts for a month or two now. It seems to be a lower lumbar pain though I couldn't tell you exactly how/when I did it. I used to do 140kg on deadlifts, now I can barely manage 60kg without straining myself. What's a recommended course of action for recovery, short of seeing a doctor?

TL;DR: How to recover from lower back pain.

What do you think of this routine: bodybuilding.com/fun/punter-power-steve-weatherford-football-workout.html
My lifting bro wants to do it with me, apparently Steve Weatherford added 3 inches to his arms in three months with it
As of now we do a xABxABx with A as dls and ohp with pullups and lat pulldowns, and B as back squats and bench
I kinda want to try something new, even for three months, so would Veeky Forums reccomend it?

how do i stop niggers from playing their shit music out of their phone speaker for me and the one other white man in it to hear?

M8 the sticky has
>starting strength
>starting strength plus accessories
>starting strength 5x5 edition
I still want to be a skinny dyel, I just want to be a differently shaped skinny dyel

then there's nothing that will help you

No way apart from seeing a doctor. What you've got is serious.

>theres no way to gain muscle without starting strength

look up greyskull LP if you dont want starting meme

is there anyone here who only fucks girls who are thin and fit?

>girls

do you take offense to this?