What are the best delts exercises?

What are the best delts exercises?

Most likely the exercises that stimulate deltoid muscle contraction

rear delt raises or face pulls for rear delts, front raises or any type of press (especially vertical like overhead press, shoulder DB press, etc) for front delts, side laterals for side delts.

OHP
Push press
Landmine press
Bradford press
Cuban press
Side lateral raise
Front delt raise
Rear delt fly
Face-pull

Use either ohp or push press as a main lift (push press as a substitute when your ohp stalls, then swith back when push press stalls)

Either landmine or bradford press as a heavy accessory.

Cuban press or shoulder raises as a light isolation movement at the end of the workout.

Why do you switch to push press when OHP stalls?

Different guy, but push press tends to be very good at improving the overhead press. Cycling off the movement for a bit to a heavier lift also tends to be psychologically easier - strict pressing is a relatively light movement, so it can take a lot of sessions to hit a PR even if you're constantly improving slightly. Spending a bit of time push pressing then coming back and blowing away your old PR feels better than bashing yourself against the same press weight week in week out, even if the end strength gains are basically the same.

The same trick works with a lot of other press variations as well, but push press is typically the closest to regular overhead and gives the best carryover.

I like OHP, facepulls and lateral raises (the ones where you lean over a lil bit and tilt your arms back to hit the rear delt a bit more , I have no idea what it's called).
I sometimes do dumbell press but I feel it more in my triceps and OHP more in my shoulders.

God I wish I knew that. That would be a lot easier than feeling like I am banging my head against the wall every OHP day.

>rows with fists heading towards your hips, keep the tension in the delts. (for rear delts)
>lateral raise - mid delts
>plank pushups/pushups with arms close to the body and fists towards your hips (as low as you can go) - front delts

PROBLEM SLOVED

Dumbbell variation is good to if you aren't doing that.

Pretty much any overhead variation can help in the right situation. It's just a matter of picking one that helps what you suck at.

Which is typically push pressing, but I've seen just about everything used either as assistance or a straight replacement for regular OHP.

Upside-down shrugs.

While he makes an excellent point, don't neglect your OHP. I got to 2pl8 by working solidly through plateaus and focusing on heavy singles, doubles and triples, alternating that with 5x5 work across.

Assistance work helps and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand, but remember that strength and size come through your main lifts.

>fists towards your hips
?

i do pull ups, military press and external shoulder rotation for my shoulder development and strength

just activate the delts, dont pull with your biceps/brachioradials.
your bi's should be flacid almost.

This results with fists/palms going more towards hips less towards chest.

At the end of your workout do a superset of:

7x bent over rear delt raise
7x lateral delt raise
7x upright rows
7x military press

All done with pretty light weight dumbells

After bench press my delts are more sore than my chest

cuz u flarin ur elbows nigga

Any horizontal pressing exercise for the front delts.
Any vertical pressing exercise for the front and mid delts.
Facepulls for rear delts...

That'd actually put more emphasis on his chest. More like he's either kyphotic or is taking the 'tuck your elbows' advice way too hard.

Yeah I'm kyphotic. Didnt think about that. cant really tell unless my shirt is off so i dont really worry about it

You'll want to do something about that. Pulling your shoulderblades back and pushing your chest up is really, really important for good benching. Having a rounded upper back tends to seriously limit your ability to use your chest when pressing (or, for vertical pulling, your lats)

Thanks, I'll look into it. I pull the nlades and puffthe chest already but my chest hasnt improved much as the rest of my body. Vertical pull you mean chin up/pull ups? I'm pretty shit at those. Can only manage 10 chins ~8 pulls.

Yeah. I don't really understand anatomy well enough to go into huge detail, but your lats are much stronger at that sort of movement when you've got your chest pushed out slightly than when you're a bit hunched over.

Thank you for the information

Vertical presses hit the entire shoulder

If your horizontal press (bench) includes front delt, in a way they can be seen as an exercise for them, you are doing them wrong

Or doing them right. It's not really possible to bench without using a fair amount of front delts unless you're flaring like a motherfucker which is its own set of issues.

I hope you realize your "argument" is basically "no you"

So I'm gonna continue in that vain and say: you are wrong

The front delts are significantly involved in shoulder flexion and transverse flexion. If you can figure out how to bench without a significant amount of either, you're a better lifter than me.

Well then, it appears im better than you.

You tuck your shoulder blades back and that's how you do it.

You say that
>It's not really possible to bench without using a fair amount of front delts unless you're flaring like a motherfucker which is its own set of issues.

But exactly when you flare you start using your front delts.

Simple as that.

If you are benching a considerable amount of weight and actually "use your front delts for a significant" amount you'll fuck your shit up and fast.

Yet I notice you haven't actually engaged with the point. How can you bench without using either of those joint movements?

The joint isn't supposed to move.

Squats

People bitch about flaring too much because it stresses the rotator cuffs a ton (particularly if performed without much of an arch, because of the excess shoulder rotation). Not because its dependent on the front delts to actually move the weight. If that was the case, flies would be all shoulders.

Keked at that glorious shit

>strength gains the same
Ok i am the first faggot, explain how push pressing 1.5x your ohp 1rm isnt going to build WAY MORE strength than an ohp deload.

Instead of lowering the weight when you stall, you start lifting more than your 1rm for reps.

Builds INCREDIBLE strength really fast.

And you are taking out ohp so you dont go above your MRV, allowing for max push oress strength development.

In my case i stalled at 140x5
Rather than deload by 20%, the next training session was push press 185x5
Then 190x3 then 190x5 then 195x2 then 195x6, etc

Instant progress.

Explain how that isnt better than doing ohp and continuing to stall (if tarded) or deloading?

I fail to see how lifting significantly more weight doesn't result in more strength

So you agree with me? do you even know what you just said?

Or is the rotator cuff and front delt not connected? if so, please explain to me how you use your front delt seperate from your rotator cuff

People who do flyes, people meaning the average guy in the gym, do use all shoulders though and that's wrong.

They perform significantly different functions. You can have a high load on the anterior delts without a high load on the RCs and vice versa (the classic example being a super-tucked bench press like with the swiss bar- very hard on the triceps and anterior delts because its all shoulder flexion and elbow extension, not so stressful on the rotators as regular benching because there's fuck all external rotation of the shoulder).

>lifting less weight is a great way to build strength instead of lifting more weight
Ok there dyels
dumbbell pressing is amazing, but more for stabilizer strength than maximal strength. Good if you were doing a deload type approach to a stall
Dyel detected
For stronk
Nice anaerobic cardio, brah

I prefer barbell complexes myself
Horizontal press a shit for delts.

I have seen precisely zero decent natty delts built by horizontal presses alone.

My delts shrink when i stopped doing overhead work when i got a hernia, and i was benching all the time.. Kinobody reported the same thing and he is not even natty

You are supposed to tuck, saying "super tucked" benchpress does not prove anything but your inabilty to form a coherent argument.

What you say now, again, comes down to "if you bench wrong; you use front delts"

which was exactly my point and you have agreed to it twice now, probably without realizing.

There's a difference between tucking like in a regular bench press and literally having your elbows by your sides and a touch point halfway down your stomach, which is what happens with a swiss bar.

If you are using a regular olympic bar, that's a close grip bench press; entirely different movement.

Swiss bar has hands completely different than with an olympic bar so the points of stress are different.

tl;dr comparing apples to oranges

and because of that: not an argument.

>Deload by 20%

Well no fucking wonder your deloads don't work for you.

Why didn't you incline press? Good delt and chest development.

Push press has more carry over

Even landmine press > incline bench

I meant 10% and you know it, fagfuck

I never said deloads don't work, i said this is clearly superior for maximal delt strength development, which will have great carry over to your other delt-oriented lifts

No I mean with a herniated disc, why not do incline press instead of flat bench?

I did as a bench accessory
Still lost delt mass.

At the time i felt the heavier the better, because i could just do dumbbell fluff work with lighter weight anyways so doing a lighter press seemed sillier to me.

Knowing what I know now, I don't agree with that line of reasoning, but that was my mentality at the time. More incline probably would have helped...maybe

Hang clean and press DO IT

I would have suggested doing a high incline like 45 degrees. It wouldn't do much for laterals but it'd do wonders for anterior delts if you can't ohp.