Thoughts on diet soda?

Thoughts on diet soda?

Cancer.

They replace sucrose and fructose (naturally occurring sweeteners) with even more dangerous processed shit that fucks you up.

>muh natural ingredients
There is nothing wrong with artificial sweeteners. Diet products are perfectly fine to use.

Although you shouldn't do that anyway, because you should learn to just drink water. Otherwise you'll eventually fall back to sugared products.

The general view from dieticians is that the artificial sweeteners are sweeter than actual sugar and increase your craving for sweet things.

>diet
>soda
pick 1

>nothing wrong with artificial sweeteners
the evidence isn't exactly 100% conclusive, but you're damn blind to say there's "nothing" wrong with them.

Which outright proves that dieticians are snake oil peddlers.

>oh no drinking something sweet will make you crave sweet things
>it's almost like I have no willpower or anything.

If I'm consuming something sweet after a can of coke zero or whatever it'll be another can of coke zero. I don't give myself excuses for being a glutton.

Someone stacked roughly 534 12-packs without saying to themselves "Maybe this is tacky as fuck"...

Better than shit-tier regular soda. That shit steals gainz

I mean there is something wrong with them. But get to that point you have to drink like 32liters in a sitting

>that fucking pic

why are americans so stereotypical?

Did they really fucking do this? Did Wal-Mart and Coke really tag team this fucking abortion of a marketing plan?
How are they not getting BTFO by oversensitive SJWs?

Shit like this doesn't even phase me normally but I saw this and cringed harder than the time I licked your mom's lemon flavored butthole.

For relevance: Soda is soda. It's empty calories whether it is 120 or 5. But if you need to fulfill a craving I suppose I would rather a 12oz 5 cal drink over a 12oz 120.

>implying 0 cal artificial sweeteners don't fool your body into thinking its getting sugar-fed and causing your body to fuck that shit up.

>diet soda causes cancer
>cancer causes rapid weight loss
hahaha here's me eating my heart attack burger and losing weight while you gymbros have to actually starve yourselves

Drink carbonated water instead m8

SJWs wouldn't care. Innocent lives don't mean shit to them unless they are brown people.

I work at a walmart. I can assure you that nobody in that place is aware enough or cares enough to notice what they are doing.

It's trash.
It allows fat people and overgrown children with a sweet tooth to feel like they are doing something healthy/rewarding themselves for a 10 minute slow jog by by buying fizzy sugar water.

Hilarious thing is, an actual cup of water with table sugar in it is objectively healthier.

Yeah but they got pissed because bud light's up for whatever had a slogan about taking "No" out of your vocabulary tonight because it implied rape... So getting drunk, making a poor life decision while under the influence and regretting it sober is rape. Amirite?

>I guess Amazon rapes me all the time.

It helps me get off regular soda and eventually off soda completely plus it's zero calories so whatever

>objectively healthier
>food can be objectively healthy or unhealthy
kek, this moron

Coke zero is the objectively perfect beverage

You must have no will power, or else you would drink water

Buuuulllshit ever since I switched to diet regular cola tastes like ass to me

>coke zero
>not coke zero cherry

an extra 2 calories for that much extra taste should be illegal.

Autism

Non-caloric artificial sweeteners (NAS) act as nutrients for detrimental bacteria in your gut. These bacteria start excreting signalling molecules that hijack your body for their purposes and induces pre-diabetic glucose intolerance like symptoms. This usually leads to weight gain from overeating.

Additionally, high sugar diets lead to bacteria growth that tries to inhibit your short-term memory so that you eat more.

Soda is ok as an occasional treat. If you drink it as a habit (or other sugary drinks) and can't kick it, you're being dominated by shit eating bacteria. You're being made a bitch by literal shit eaters.

I drink 4-8 litres of diet soda every single day. I would have to drink 4 times that much in a single sitting to begin to experience any detrimental effects.

It has 0 effect on fat gain for most people

Yes, some people have diet soda as a vice. Some people drink whiskey until they're blue in the face. Some people some people smoke. Some people snort cocaine. I don't know a single person in my extended circle that doesn't do something that isn't good for them once in a while. Diet soda, however, is the lesser of all evils because it does virtually nothing to your body. Caffeine would be the real danger and in that case most people drink coffee, which contains many times as much caffeine. What was the shit argument people in this thread had again?

Ironically the towers will eventually fall because some idiot stacked them like jenga blocks.

"Non-caloric artificial sweeteners (NAS) are among the most widely used food additives worldwide, regularly consumed by lean and obese individuals alike. NAS consumption is considered safe and beneficial owing to their low caloric content, yet supporting scientific data remain sparse and controversial. Here we demonstrate that consumption of commonly used NAS formulations drives the development of glucose intolerance through induction of compositional and functional alterations to the intestinal microbiota. These NAS-mediated deleterious metabolic effects are abrogated by antibiotic treatment, and are fully transferrable to germ-free mice upon faecal transplantation of microbiota configurations from NAS-consuming mice, or of microbiota anaerobically incubated in the presence of NAS. We identify NAS-altered microbial metabolic pathways that are linked to host susceptibility to metabolic disease, and demonstrate similar NAS-induced dysbiosis and glucose intolerance in healthy human subjects. Collectively, our results link NAS consumption, dysbiosis and metabolic abnormalities, thereby calling for a reassessment of massive NAS usage."

doi:10.1038/nature13793

>some people some people smoke

how's your short-term memory? :^)

Metabolic disease? I don't have metabolic disease. I don't appear susceptible. Do you even know what that jargon is that you're quoting?

Artificial sugar gives me acne. That's what I think.

I drink coke zero while cutting. The cutting foods are bland and coke adds some taste. Fuck it if it's bad for my body it gives a lot of mental strength after having opened your 50th tuna can.

>literally getting cucked by a soft drink
wew lad

So then you drink another diet soda. What's the problem?

I was a soda addict growing up. By the time I got older I'd probably drink close to a 2L a day.

I switched to diet and I'll drink maybe 1 can a day. I don't crave the diet soda like I craved the fructose shit. I'll drink about 1 a day as a treat, cause I normally crave something sweet after lunch.

I don't drink coffee so the boost of caffeine is nice.

Never seen anything conclusive about diet sodas. People that are so against them are paranoid.

Do you drive a car? The chances of driving and killing yourself are probably thousands of times higher than anything a diet soda a day will do.

>implying you're capable of diagnosing a disease
Most people go years without realizing they have diabetes or other ailments, cancer can live with someone for the upper part of 50 years before finally overwhelming the immune system.

The issue is your body adapts on a daily basis and most diseases cause only tiny amounts of damage, to the point it will not be noticeable until the damage is so severe it's often irreparable.