Question

Question

1g protein per lb OR eat more protein due to cutting? MyPlate app has me at 315g but macroCalulators says 250g. So confused, thanks
>Cutting; 6'2, 210lbs, 25yo

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

250g should be fucking plenty

Is protein per lb LBM or total weight?

I'm doing total weight, is that stupid?

The most i would do is 1.25 g per total pounds. 310g is overkill dude

>315g of protein a Day

Unless you're on a gram of tren I don't see how this would ever be real

This.

Ho lee fuck Opie. I don't think you'll need more than 200g

Dudes I've been neurotic trying to calculate how I'm gonna hit 315g protein while staying under 2500cals. Not to mention staying under fats and carbs

Don't be autistic.

If you aren't on gear there's 0 reason to go over 1g/pound a day. Even that amount isn't really necessary.

>Believing the protein jew
1 gram per pound was made up by supplement companies to sell powder. No credible study has shown that eating more than .7 g/lb has any benefits. As a non professional athlete as long as you get around 100 grams per day you will notice no difference in your performance. I doubt I even get 100 grams every day and I've still made incredible progress.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

>There is normally no advantage to consuming more than 0.82g/lb (1.8g/kg) of protein per day to preserve or build muscle once you’re past the novice level as a natural trainee.

>This already includes a mark-up, since most research finds no more benefits after 0.64 g/lb.

>315g protein
Hope you have bulletproof kidneys. Otherwise you can enjoy your calcium leaching and osteoporosis.

Tbh, a French American football player such as yourself should be fine. Just let that finger heal first.

Does this apply when your cutting?

>Vegan juicers opinion on bodybuilding
Fuck off faggot.

>As such, there is simply no empirically substantiated reason to think we need more than 0.82g/lb of protein per day when cutting. If anything, you could reason the body should be able to use more protein during bulking periods, because more muscle is being built and a lot of other nutrients are ingested that may enable more protein to be used.

I eat 1g/lbs of protein per LEAN bodyweight lbs. In other words, remove the bf% of my weight and count the remaining lbs. Land on around 150g of protein/day.

I have no trouble recovering or making gains on this amount. Not on bulks, nor on cuts.

post body

I'm not him I'm and I eat even less protein than him. Post yours.

That's just the thing!
Most low-protein-Sayers are usually a lot more dyel. WhereAs most protein freaks are ripped. Be been cutting and am looking pretty good but still need to get the stubborn fat off but I won't sacrifice the muscle

Mirin
How long u been lifting?
Any before pics

But this is me and I eat 2.5g/1kg protein.

Height?

Lifting for close to 4 years. I used to be really fat.
No its not

Yes it is.

>Bet I could knock u out easy.

This moron has no idea what the fuck hes talking about.
This moron thinks Menno Henselmans opinion is above all.
Higher protein diet has multiple benefits for health,body composition, etc. However, that is all within context of the individual. Meaning age, weight, bf%, current macros, programming. Consider that higher protein intakes can aid with satiety, recovery, etc. Some individuals perform better on lower protein intakes and other on higher. There's no cookie cutter answer.

What was your f/c/p ratios during this cut? I've seen the pics before

Ratios dont fucking matter you moron. You need dietary fat for adequate hormone production then you set protein based on your individual needs and fillt he rest with carbs or fat. Fuck off with your ratio bullshit go back to sucking dr oz's cock.

I didn't track calories but I doubt I even got 100 grams of protein. Just eat less when you're trying to cut and more when you're trying to bulk. Consistency is far more important than perfection. If you feel like tracking I would just track calories.
>This moron has no idea what the fuck hes talking about.
Post pic

What's your problem buddy

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders

Stats: 100kg, 20%BF
>at 100g of protons or below I definitely make gains much slower and take longer to recover.
>at 120-140g I'm doing fine
>150g is pretty much the max I need for optimal gains and recovery, after that I feel no additional benefits and doubt there are any.
>anything over 160g just makes my farts and shits smell really bad.

So yeah, 1.9g/kg of lean mass or 0.9g/lbs of lean mass seems like a reasonable number.

Now a lot of it depends on the amino profile of your protein. I mostly get mine from animal sources; if I only had animal protein I probably could do with a little less, if I got it mostly from stuff like beans and peas I'd probably have to eat a little more.

I agree, cutting calls are definitely the most important. What was your cal deficit like? Weight b4 and after?

You can just cut calories till you start to lose weight but if you want to feel/perform your best tracking macros is useful. If you can figure out what works for you then you can even stop tracking and just eyeball things. However, it helps when you already have an idea of what foods contain then you can just make smarter decisions. Stop asking what peoples calories/ratios/macros are its fucking retarded. Its completely individual. Reduce whatever intake your maintain at by 10-15%. Don't use arbitrary numbers because if i just throw out a number like 500kcal for someone only eating 2000 kcal thatd be pretty fucking stupid.

I know jackass I'm just wondering relax

> he doesn't track his micros as well

t. not gonna make it

No idea. It was less than I ate before.

Also 240 before 182ish after

Yeah this is actually true, look it up

i'm on 500mg test/week. What should I be eating?