Yes I've read the sticky

I'm fat. I'm 358 lbs. I'm 36 years old. I just started SL this week. I do 30 minutes of cardio after the weight training. I am eating 2000 calories per day 40% protein, 20% carbs, 30% fats. I drink water and black coffee now, nothing else. If I stick with this for the next two years, where do you think I'll be? I am just looking for advice from people that might know. Maybe people that have been where I am now and have been successful. I know I'm disgusting. I know I'm going to have loose skin. I know it's my poor life choices that have gotten me here to my current state.

Who knows. you might give up next week. Dont look two years down the line, take it day by day, use everyday to better yourself live a healthy lifestyle and enjoy the way your feeling. keep it up, youll have results sooner than you think.

My progress
338 - 249

Still heading in the right direction, but I took 8 months off cutting, but back on again

Started Jan 2015

Good luck user, it's worth it!

>40% protein, 20% carbs, 30% fats.

What's the other 10%?

Sorry. 30% carbs.

Thank you. Good advice. I will take it day by day. I just say two years because I have a specific goal in mind.

I hope your can stick with it my dude. It's a lot to take on all at once, but if you can manage it then I think you will be glad that you did.

I've lost 90lbs in the last year and I couldn't be happier.

How old are you user?

Religiously use Myfitnesspal & get an activity monitor if you can afford one.

Just keep your Calories like a checkbook, & the pounds will just disappear

Here's some advice, friend, from someone who was in your shoes.

I was severely obese. I successfully lost all the weight and kept it off. That being said, here goes the best advice I can give you:

Get off Veeky Forums.

Get off bodybuilding.com

Throw away fitness magazines

You have enough already.

Stick with SL, be so consistent it is boring like brushing your teeth. Don't be afraid to deload.

Try low carb/keto if 40/20/30 isn't working for you after a few months

Find an activity that you really enjoy- boxing, basketball, whatever- find something activity based that you enjoy doing.

Forget about the timeframe and the goal dates, and focus on changing your lifestyle and maintaining changes.

Before you know it, you're down 100 lbs.

Don't split hairs. Some things work for one person and not for another. Work hard at your routine, and if you're making progress, keep going. If you're not making the kind of progress you want, do some CAREFUL research based on LEGITIMATE sources before considering a change to your nutrition or training.

And above all, just decide that you're going to fucking do it, no matter what.

You wanna know why I lost 120 lbs and got ripped after being obese all my life? My shit-talking friend kept calling me a fatass, saying I could never get in shape and I was a fat tub of useless shit.

Don't believe it. That shit is posted by insecure fucks who think they're better than other humans for superficial reasons.

You're awesome, and you can fucking do it.

That's awesome. I hope I can get there. It is alot. It's hard. It hurts. But if I can reach my goal it will be worth everything.

Thank you so much. I will stay off of this board and just do it for me. Thank you for the positive encouragement.

That gives me hope that I can succeed even being over 35. People have told me I'll never build muscle or lose more than 20 pounds without bariatric surgery at my age.

Just keep your Calories under your TDEE

You will lose weight if you stick to it, but you have to take it seriously

Food prep of lunches & dinners,
I generally don't eat anything I can't count the calories on, so if someone else makes it I don't eat it.

Egg whites, chicken breast. Pork loin,
Veggies, berries, apples bananas & oats
Should become your staples

I started walking an hour a day in the eevenings,
Now that I'm lighter, I usually ride a bicycle, but I destroy spokes constantly still....

Gettin me chubby user and not in midsection if you know what I mean

Thanks user

why get off fit? there's heaps of motivation to be found amid the mountains of shitposting, and the shitposting is mostly entertaining anway

Exactly, fat hate threads can keep you motivated OP

I stay motivated by coming to this site

I did /k/ for years, but I found a new home

Btw user, any reason you do the cardio last

It should probably be the other way around imo

Your metabolism will be fucked, but you'll weigh a lot less and have a lot of loose skin.

Lol fatty. Can't believe you could even get that fat in the first place. Even if you lose it you're still a pathetic loose skinned sack of worthless garbage

This is the worst part. You spend years losing weight and your own body fucks you for it. I started at 355, now at 250. Weight loss is slow as balls @ ~1600 a day. I just started working out again though.

>spending all your stored up carbs on cardio
>lifting like shit after

This has to be bait. Nobody is this retarded.

Keep going, OP.

I spent my young adult life as the fat kid. The jokes stopped when the football team realized I was stronger than all of them.

Weight has been a bit up and down, but I'm 30 and going for under 10% body fat as my next goal.

You can do whatever you dedicate yourself to.

Please don't overdo it on counting calories and shit, it will burn you out. After one or two months you'll have a good feeling of what is good for you and what not. I'd actually say that the ability to just eat consciously without keeping journals is essential to losing weight and staying in shape afterwards.

Don't worry it's not hard. For most people things boil down to eating three meals, no desserts or snacks. Weight loss is not about precision, it's about consistency.

Let's be realistic.
You're not going to do it that long. You will quit.

But let's say you did it. A year from now you would go from 358 to about 240-260.

Another year and you'd be down to 220 or 200.

Three years and you'd be 190.

The problem is, you're going to give up, because you don't want it bad enough.

Let me give you an example..
this is probably you right now...maybe you're even worse than this.

You're like this because you have weak will power, and were never taught any form of discipline.

In just one year, you could be here.

But you won't be.

In two years, you could be here.
But you won't be because you will give up.

In 3-4 years, you could be here, with proper sun bathing, and continuous exercise.

But you won't be because you will be lazy again, and you're going to want to eat like a pig again.

Finally, in 5-6 years.
This could be you.
But it won't be. Because you have no work ethic, and if you did, you wouldn't be starting now at age 36.
I see people like you at the gym all the time.

You're a nice guy who is very courteous usually, but you have no balls, and you have no chance at attaining this.
Unless you learn to love the iron. And treat the iron with respect, you will die at age 50 from heart disease.

fuck you OP

I'm not going to tell you shit because you're going to give up, you sad fat piece of shit

You want to learn? Do SL for a month and come back and tell us your progress.

I dare you.

But you won't. You're fat and useless.

I was in your shoes and I stopped lifting after a year, eating below TDEE was easy though so I kept doing that and lost weight. Looked like shit though but that's what happens with a sedentary lifestyle.

Anyway, the small tip I can give you is to change up your routine once in a while and learn to grip the bar from that rippetoe video, that really made lifting fun for me once I've returned to it. I used to dread lifting after a while because I had the same routine and it followed in pain, but now I'm genuinely sad if life makes me miss a workout.

Lifting is fun. Before you know it youve been lifting 10years and you squat 300kg.

Just find a way to make it enjoyable and it will never feel like work again.

What is SL?

I hate fat people, whenever I see fat people I get disgusted. Except at the gym, they are at least trying not to be fat.

Fellow oldfag here (34)
Started 330lbs just over 2 years ago
Now 186
Started off cycling 45min a day 5 days a week at 1750 calories per day
Good luck

Just stick to your calories, no binging. If you miss a workout or go over your calories it is key to get right on track the next day. The workouts are great but maintaining proper calorie amounts is most important for you.

great work on losing that awful hat, mad fashion gains

do the cardio before the weight training.

NO NO NO.
50 PERCENT PROTEIN.
FUCKING NIGGERS GOD DAMNIT.

But I already do make fun of homeless people in general, so what's the problem?

I started at 280lbs. You're doing everything absolutely right. If you manage to stick to your diet and exercise regime, you will be slim in about 2 years.

Any faster would not be advisable. Loose skin is a bitch.

I'm 180 lbs 8/10 now. Getting pussy and mires. 2 years from now you will thank all that is holy that you turned your life around