I'm so fucking sick and tired of this shit man

I'm so fucking sick and tired of this shit man
I'm in my 2nd year of electrical engineering and I hate it, the material is stale and boring

My dream is to work in the pharmaceutical drug chemistry lines of work

I could right now drop all my classes and refund them and apply for pharma chem at the university I'd love to go to but it would turn my life upside down.

Is my best option finishing up two (perhaps 3) more semesters of EE to get my associates degree and then go to study pharma chem or just drop and apply now?

I'd be losing money at first but I really don't give a fuck. I pay for it all myself so I don't feel guilty. I just don't wanna go through years or circuitry and programming. I'll somehow figure out how to pay for all of this.

I so fucking wanna do it so bad but I'm incredibly conflicted, pls help dudes, pls help me apply and transfer to a new school wit:
29 act
2.75 high school gpa
3.1 college gpa

Wrong board?

those are some shit grades for a community college m8

associates makes the transfer so much easier

Wrong board. Also, Google "sunk costs fallacy."

I know they are. I just get literally all Bs.
3 more semesters of this shit would absolutely decimate my mental state. I need to try to transfer and be accepted now.

dood you're just gonna fucking wash out of a pharma chem major with those grades.

orgo and biochem is just gonna rekt your shit up with grades like that

this hits kind of close to home. i put 2 years into EE before i said fuck it. I got my EMT and got on with a fire department.

of course you should do what you want, idiot. Plus you're paying it by yourself so your parents can't tell you shit

I know what you mean by that, however chemistry and biochem is shit I enjoy more than anything else. Much more than this circuits shit u get Bs in

Good on you man. I'm really about to pull the final trigger and quit. I can't take it anymore.

You're entirely right. However I don't know if my finances are up enough to move to a different state 6 hours away to go to the college and rent a room/etc. I'd also need to find a job up there and stuff. Pkys where in going it's gonna be fucking cold

What a stupid fucking thread. This isn't your personal hugbox. Go talk to some actual IRL friends.

I'm starting up again, i want to get into pharmacology, but i'm kind of scared i won't get a job unless i add another couple of years for a phd,

I'm at a dilema now because im 25 and would like to earn money so i'm also thinking of just doing a trade, i don't think i would be able to live with the thought that i gave up what i wanted to do so that i could be finantially secure in some random trade that may pay ok, but that i will possibly find quite boring.

>tfw fucked my second year up and missed abunch of key classes
>cant get my graduate in biochem and can only get honours science bsc

Keep going man. If it's what you love its what you should be doing. I'd kill myself doing trade jobs the rest of my life. The life expectancy of trade workers is significantly lower compared to people with 4 year degrees.

You didnt just take gen eds in your first two?

My friend who is 35 now 29 then, had enough of his old job & where he lived, he moved to the other side of the world and changed careers and could not be happier.

Most of the time what brings me down is comparing myself to other people, seeing people able to go on holidays overseas non stop and buying houses ect, whilst obviously in my situation i can't do that and i would like to.

It's a bad distraction, i think that is one of the bad things about social media such as facebook; people only post their best moments.

No, my first two semesters looked like this

1. BC circuit analysis
2. Fab techniques and soldering
3. Technical calculus 2
3. Digital electronics
5. (Filler) economys 1

2nd sem
1. Electronic circuits 1
2. Ac circuit analysis
3. Digital electronics 2
4. Microcontrollers
5. Technichal calc 3
6. Technical physics 1

Change your major, EE won't help you get into medicine. Taking a whole semester of school is the first step towards droping out though, Maybe try and hop into some general ed classes that haven't filled up so your time isn't wasted.

>drop out now
>get refund
>get job where you currently live
>save up money
>enroll next year in what you want

it's not rocket appliances, senpai
I didn't start my education/career I wanted until I was 23

Most of the time it really is quite simply, but the worrying and stressing out people usually go through during such a time can make things blurry with no solution in sight.

Best thing to do is talk about it with other people (who arn't total nihilsts or depressive cunts, that is a must)

That won't work like that. Currently, I'm trying to refund all my classes at least 90%. If I do that I'd be looking very good and my obstacles left would be:
1. Parents
2. Being accepted
3. Housing

This is what I truly want. I really hope they pay me back, its been fucking 2 weeks of classes only. I wouldn't mind dropping out to work 40-50 hours a week and save a shitload and then go to a new school refreshed and stacked.

>25 next Jan
>shitty part time job
>live with gf
>don't want to study anything
>don't want to work full time although I need the money to improve my life opportunities (clothes, car, shit I need)
>only interested in lifting and guitar, not good enough at either to train people or be in a band/teach
>depressed
>can't seem to move forward in life
Am I fucked familia? I have no debt or kids.

I know a guy in sorta the same situation as you. He was studying psychology but somehow extended the 3 years it normally takes into 7, kek, then got expelled (you get expelled if you don't present your final work in 8 years), but in the meantime instead of just being a wanker in those 8 years, he worked manual labor and used the uni gym while roiding. Got certified as a fitness instructor and now he;s earning mad dosh at the most expensive gym in the city.

What I'm trying to say is you can always get a fitness certification since they're kinda cheap, at least where I live. If you look good enough you can get hired to tell normies to do box jumps and curls with 5lbs thus assuring eternal dosh since they never make any gains.