Why does the top of my spine hurt like a bitch when I squat? What muscles do I need to work out to prevent this...

Why does the top of my spine hurt like a bitch when I squat? What muscles do I need to work out to prevent this? No I don't use a pad

Are you placing the fucking bar on your bone? If not suck it up and your traps will grow.

Rest that shit on your traps, not on your neck.

correct

Because you're a moron who isn't squeezing his traps together and is resting the bar on his spine.

op is a retard and putting it on his spine and probably leaning forward. You dont need the pad either if it's still going to be resting on the spine, it won't change anything

What are some good trap exercises.

because the bar goes on your traps, not your vertebrae dumbass.

Dick Hiders x F

What is the best way to grow traps?

Shrugs my nigga. You could do barbell, dumbbell, or cable shrugs.

Ok thanks will do when I do shoulders today

Clean pulls and power cleans

put the bar on your traps and look slightly upwards when you do high bar squat

any shoulder exercise

Over head deadlifts

>tfw I have a super pronounced C7 vertebra, I suspect it's because I rest the bar just behind the bone, but not on it.

surely you mean T1 and not C7..

>squatting high bar

Had a similar problem. Couldn't keep enough tension in my traps without elbow issues. Just moved the bar down my traps a bit. Problem solved.

Could be slouching. If you are always tilting your head forward, that could be it. Could be bad lifting form, or bar resting like the other anons said.

Work on stretching you neck sometimes too. Do an upward stretch, a downward stretch, and each side. Like 20 sec for each one.

this desu

You should probably start using a pad it will help with your period.

get bigger traps nigga

Meep meep

idk man that looks kinda fucky to me.

that picture was taken when I was still recovering from an injury so my lower body is way out of proportion