Is it even possible to make gains while on a tight food budget Veeky Forums...

Is it even possible to make gains while on a tight food budget Veeky Forums? I only have 70$ left over each month for food after rent and utilities

I'm also in Ontario canada where food is more expensive than in the US

Fuck brah I'm in ontario and me and my gf go through about 170 bucks worth of food every week

$70 a month is literal beans and rice mode.

Post your budget.

Rent- 1300$
Electricity- 100$
Water- 75$
Food- 70$

Yeah if you buy eggs,beans and rice and protein powder you'll be fine

No phone? No car? No gas? No insurance of any sort? What's your income?

This isn't a budget you retard. No wonder you're poor.

I have an old phone that I can use when there is wifi and no obviously I don't drive a car, that's for wealthy people and I make around 1530$ a month

>no car

Derp I'm in the same situation as OP and I highly doubt he has a car if he can barely afford to eat. Why do you ask such ridiculous questions?

Get a room mate.

Your rent to income ratio is absolutely fucked. You cannot afford your housing. Either get a roommate, move, or increase your income.

Even poor ghetto niggers often have shitty clunkers they drive around in.

He clearly makes bad financial decisions. Why would it be surprising that he has a car he can't afford?

>increase my income

I wish but everything here available is minimum wage and I can't a get roommate there is only 1 room here

They aren't poor if they have a car m8. Even if it's a beater car they still have to put gas in it and insurance etc therefore you can't be poor and drive

Time to go on a very long cut mate

Is it illegal to share a room? Pick up a part time job. Sell plasma a couple times a month. Move somewhere cheaper.

Because as he said here he literally has no money left over for anything other than food

Find a roommate that you're comfortable bunking with or find someone with a bigger place and room with them.
Heck, move back in with your parents.
You can't afford your place breh.

There is no time for me to get another job I'm always working as it is

>Rent- 1300$
Do you live in Beverly hills or something? fucking hell

I'd be living with my parents forever if I moved back with them, the only work I can do is minimum wage, the only time I get a raise is when minimum wage goes up

Sure, if you define the word "poor" that way.

>even if it's a shitty phone, you still have to buy minutes for it, you can't be poor and have a phone

>even if it's shitty food, you still have to travel to get it and pay for electricity/gas to cook it, you can't have food and be poor

>even if it's a shitty apartment, you still have put electricity and gas in it, you can't be poor and have somewhere to live

Saying poor people can't have cars is just arbitrary bullshit.

You need shelter and food before you get a car you idiot and with his budget of always being broke he will never have a car and he already said he doesn't have a real phone he only uses it when there is wifi

If you work any less than 80 hours a week you're full of shit.

This. Not worth having your own place if you don't even have money for food Jesus Christ.

What hellhole do you live in that charges 1300 for a one room apartment anyway?

>80 hours a week

Why would anyone work that much? If OP works 80 hours a week and is still broke he should seriously consider suicide

But he didn't say any of that in his original post, dipshit. He just threw out 4 numbers without even an income listed. Read the thread and try to keep up.

You're refusing to find a roommate, refusing to find a cheaper place and refusing to find more income.
Moving back home is literally your only option if you're going to have that attitude.

THIS

Why live by yourself if you can't even afford to do anything? Why live to pay rent and buy food?

He shouldn't, my point is that it's possible, and that working 40 hours a week isn't "always working". I've done 70-90 hour work weeks in med school. It sucks cock, and nobody wants to do it. But it really gives you perspective on what "working all the time" is.

If his minimum wage is $11.25 or more, and he's getting $1,500 a month, he's not "working all the time".

>med school

You're not doing labor work 70-90 hours a week it's just not possible

I work in a hot as fuck factory doing labor and there is no way anyone there is working 50 hours a week because the heat and labor will destroy you

Because OP is a lazy cunt that doesn't want real solutions.

>you spend too much on rent
"don't wanna live with parents, get a roommate, or move"

>your income is too low
"but i have no skills at all and can only get minimum wage"

>work more hours then
"40 hours a week is """"working all the time"""" "

He's like a fatty that wants to lose weight, but won't actually do anything about it. Can't eat fewer calories, I'll be hungry! Can't exercise more, I'll be too tired to work 35 hours a week!

Your only options are to either increase your income, or decrease your spending. Like 80% of your income is going toward housing. This is the most reasonable thing to adjust. Either do one of these two things, or you better start visiting food banks or some shit. Or I guess get used to the idea of every meal being rice with ketchup packets you've nicked from a burger joint.

Op sounds like your average retarded peasant that stays permanently poor because they make bad choices and refuse good advice.

I bet they don't even lift.

Labor is definitely harder to do that many hours. I bet OP doesn't do that though. Because he sounds like a little bitch.

I've loaded 100-200 lb bags of shells in shipping containers in the American south where it can get to like 140 F inside the container in excess of 50 hours a week. It's not pleasant, but it's totally doable.

>nobody has ever done hard work for more than 9-5 M-F

>rent 1300$
>PLUS utilities
>only 70$ left before broke

are you fucking shitting me? do you live in the rich very upper middle class neighborhood while working in mcdonalds or something?

I live in manchester(uk) and I pay 350 bongbucks(470$) a month for everything.

I make about 2200$ equiv after taxes by being a shelf stacker and I'm just swimming in extra dosh.

It's because this user is 100% correct. OP is a retard that refuses to accept that any of the few reasonable options to fix his situation.

Not him but
>stationed at Anchorage Alaska
>the cheapest rent is a studio apartment at about $900/mo
>can rent in the ghetto areas but I refuse to walk in hallways soaked in Native Alaskan piss
>I rent a 2 bedroom for $1600
>total monthly income at $5400 though
>rest of my money is spent on big booty bitches

Make more money chumbo

Yeah you can't just make more money when you please. If it were that easy nobody would be poor or homeless

In Canada, $350/mo total rent would get you a place in a village two hours out of town.
In a city you're looking at $800-$1200.
Although I'm not sure why he's paying $1500 for a 1 bedroom (studio?), unless he's getting absolutely gouged for living near a university.

You can't just eat fewer calories and lose weight. If it were that easy nobody would be fat.

Money's totally different

Sure, but there are ways to make more money that OP seems to not be willing to undertake. Like work more hours. Or pick another part time job. Or even sell some fucking plasma or some shit.

I know you won't like this idea, but consider moving somewhere else. Like, a different town, or even a different part of the country.

In my parents home town you could pay up to 1000 dollars for rent for a room, but when I started university, I moved to a new city. I pay about 300 a month for a studio apartment and it includes water, heat and electricity, but it's for students only.

OP probably abandoned the thread. But here is a routine for your struggling ass.

This

Or if he was smart he'd just steal stuff and sell it instead of working constantly