Hello Veeky Forums, this is my first post on here and I really need your help

Hello Veeky Forums, this is my first post on here and I really need your help.

My overweight girlfriend is extremely insecure about her weight and she has finally agreed to come to the gym with me. I have not been in a few months and I am out of shape myself now, so I need help with finding stuff for us both to do for weight loss.

She is 220lbs at 5'7". She wants to be get to 160 if that is possible. I'm mainly focused on her, because I can lose weight really easily. What exercises would be the most beneficial, and is there any guide for a girl to follow that has been vetted by you guys? I'm looking for something that is detailed and simple to follow.

Also, I have another question in general. Say if she did start losing weight, would she have to worry about excess skin?

I would just google for these answers, but I want to make sure she gets on a plan that isn't all bullshit.

>weight loss
Fork putdowns

>Loose skin
Genetics, amount of weight lost, and speed at which it is lost all play a factor.

"Dahhhnald, I'm yere for the delegates Dahhnald"

DAHNALD, HAND OVER THE DELEGATES AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT

I will help your fatass girlfriend lose weight but first I must take the delegates that are rightfully mine from that sniveling coward Donald trump

>I'm here to dance and take delegates. And I'm all done dancing.

skelegates, if you will

READ THE STICKY

DAHNALD SCHWARTZONATER

It is very possible.
I suggest you two watch the documentary: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It's avalible on Netflix and is very informing. It won't fix your weight, but it'll help educate you a little on diet.

The sticky, Donald.
Once you've read it, I'll have you hand it over.

>he's fast!

> (OP) (You)
>READ THE STICKY

I have, but I was hoping for something a little less overwhelming.

DAAAHNULD

>fork putdowns

220 lbs at 5'7"?! Thats gross. Just dump her

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

You'll find Dahnald's delegates
seeya around ratto

The sticky is not gender bias. Read that shit like 12 times famalam

She's a 220 pound anchor that is going to pull you down. She probably gets shirty if you work out without her. ...or gets prissy when you have a salad while she's eating shit....

>She's a 220 pound anchor that is going to pull you down. She probably gets shirty if you work out without her. ...or gets prissy when you have a salad while she's eating shit....

Her eating habits aren't that bad. She gets salad or healthy options a lot.

And I can lose my weight on my own. I'm just going with her to help her out atm.

Is simple running or treadmill a bad option for her? She doesn't want to lift weights.

>She doesn't want to lift weights.
Yeah she may get bulky..and that would look horrible

Bullshit she eats healthy. Stop deluding yourself and tell her to stop being an idiot. She's obese because she eats too much. Have her put the fork down until she's the weight of a human being. Until then, she and you both should stay away from the gym.

> (You)
>Bullshit she eats healthy. Stop deluding yourself and tell her to stop being an idiot. She's obese because she eats too much. Have her put the fork down until she's the weight of a human being. Until then, she and you both should stay away from the gym.

She eats way better than me. She loves vegetables and cooks.

I've been eating like a fatass for the past few months and I only gained 25 pounds.

She doesn't eat better than you dude, she's almost obese.

If there's anything you should remember out of this thread, it's this.
>calories in < calories out.

>She eats way better than me. She loves vegetables and cooks.

You can put butter on vegtables...if she was eating healthy she would not be 220lbs at 5'7"...she's must be dropping burgers behind your back...you're being cucked by fast food

>little less overwhelming.

If you can't take 20 minutes to read than you shouldn't even bother trying to lose weight

> (You)
>She doesn't eat better than you dude, she's almost obese.
>If there's anything you should remember out of this thread, it's this.
>>calories in < calories out.

> (You)
>>She eats way better than me. She loves vegetables and cooks.
>You can put butter on vegtables...if she was eating healthy she would not be 220lbs at 5'7"...she's must be dropping burgers behind your back...you're being cucked by fast food

Everything she eats I eat. And I eat a lot more than she has. There is definitely fast food and ice cream, but we have tried to cook at home a lot more.

When she snacks, she eats carrot chips. When I do, I eat Doritos. I also drink soda and she drinks water.

She has dropped ~10lbs and 2 dress sizes since we started dated.

I think it's because she's not as active as me. So would a thread mill be fine to get her started or not?

It would help her burn calories but you have to be careful and not walk into a trap.
Walking on the treadmill burns very few calories if you only do it for fifteen minutes.
Hell even an hour barely burns a hundred calories.
She'll then eat more and use the excuse of "working out" to justify it.
I'm not memeing you user, she needs to eat less.

> (You)
>It would help her burn calories but you have to be careful and not walk into a trap.
>Walking on the treadmill burns very few calories if you only do it for fifteen minutes.
>Hell even an hour barely burns a hundred calories.
>She'll then eat more and use the excuse of "working out" to justify it.
>I'm not memeing you user, she needs to eat less.

So what would be the best then? We are working on eating better.

Counting calories.
Use iifym to find out what both of your TDEEs are and build your meals around how much you should be eating.
To lose weight, you have to eat at a deficit of the calories you eat at maintenance.
You have to know how much you are taking in calorie wise, so you can cut back on it to lose weight.