Why aren't pushups working?

I can actually feel my back and shoulders and these weird muscles i didn't know i had over my ribs getting harder, but my chest is exactly the same. Can someone recommend chest exercises? I have a curl bar but I have a bad back so I'm kind of limited with it. Maybe even a way to ghetto rig a bench so i can bench press? I could use some general tips on working out without weights.

Also can't get my ab workouts right. Arms and shoulders and legs seem to get done alright though.

elevate your feet, put em on a chair or something, and do pushups like that with a wide-ish grip

go to a gym

ab workouts are a meme

Yeah, don't tell us what your routine is or anything that would let us give you feedback and advice.

well meme'd, how's SS going?

I don't know the names of the excersices i do honestly. I would have to literally describe them so you would understand.
I did pushups and curls today.
Tomorow I plan on doing legs and crunches
The next day i plan on playing soccer
The day after I'm doing a bunch of arm exercises and more chest. Mostly pushups. I don't know what I'm doing.

I try to eat food with protein in it but i take no supplements. How many days a week, in what rotation do you/other people consider best?

I'm 5'6 weigh 140ish. What else could help?

Ok... more info. I do atleast 100 pushups, followed by chosen arm excercises, followed by shoulders when I'm doing upper body. Sometimes i do abs after upper body, sometimes i do it after legs. I also try to either hike or play soccer once a week. I usually don't do any exercises maybe 2 days out of the week, sometimes 3....

Which i guess means at maximum I'm doing two of the same workout a week. But also sometimes once.

you're not gonna make any gains with this

Push ups are not gonna build a lot of muscle, your body just becomes really efficient at doing a lot of push ups. If you're going for size, fix your diet (enough protein/kcal per day), find a gym and a routine and stick to it.

Thanks for the only advice. It felt good doing pushups like you suggested.

also if you're seriously only gonna do push ups, look up proper form. I cannot stress this enough, bad push up form is only gonna end up with injuries.

I try to place my hands kind of far apart and in line with my chest. I was doing slow and steady but i read that if you explode up instead it works your chest better than your arms. So I think I'm doing them proper.

>kind of far apart
>think im doing them right

You're gonna get injuries. Pic related, and please look up some youtube videos on proper push up form dude, it's only gonna help you in the long run if you're gonna be doing this frequently. Better progress, less injury.

Thanks much, will do.

convict conditioning

wow this looks legit, dude! Very helpful.

user you're not allowed to be THIS retarded yet

theres a whole book too, but i forget what information is in there other than the exercises outlined in the pic and program suggestions. the way i followed it when i didnt have a gym membership was 3 of the exercises one day, the other 3 the next, alternating every day, maybe a rest day sunday, i dont remember. the guy who made it also advised against doing more than 3-5 sets of each.

Ok. So for example if i was ganna do three of them today would I want all upper body or is there a particular way to mix it up that works better? I'll definitely stop taking so many days off of exercising. You are confirming that i've been a little lazy.

i did
>handstand pushups, bridges, leg raises
>squats,pullups, pushups

however you want, really.

actually i substituted roman chairs for leg raises, mostly because i didnt have a pullup bar at home. theyre both good exercises. did my pullups at a park

noice

take this free spirited hippy dancing in a misty rain

Go wider.

fuck i need some crack now

That's a picture of soap.... ;)

Degenerate bitch can die.
I appreciate the effort, though.

Difference between wide and narrow?looks legit to me.

>I don't know what I'm doing.
You aren't kidding. The best thing you could do for yourself is educate yourself. If you don't understand what exercises work which muscles and you don't even know what exercises you're doing, then you can't possibly make informed decisions about what advice to take or what routines to do.

This thread is really just about pushups honestly. I know what areas they supposedly work out, i mostly needed advice on what was up with my pushups and it looks like the cool peoples of Veeky Forums got my back.

I mean even if i don't gain a ton of mass i don't see why i wouldn't be getting stronger though right? I can work up to doing a ton of pushups.

nigga just go to a gym