/sprints/

Sprinting is much healthier and better overall for muscle building than lifting.

Why don't more people sprint?

Other urls found in this thread:

onnit.com/academy/benefits-sprinting-jogging-greater-gains/
bodybuilding.com/fun/sprint_training_sculpts_body.htm
bodybuilding.com/fun/par46.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=QCBBX5W8IQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sprinting is much healthier and better overall for muscle building than lifting.
prove it.

Proofs?

>implying sprinters don't lift every day

i'm american but was mad at the canadian because he lost by not leaning.

Litrelly only reason usain the nigger bolt wins, is because he's the tallest.

I recently learned that you can sprint for short periods of time, and it'll give you the same benefits as extended cardio like long distance running. I wish I still had the link, but the facts were there

fuckin lanklets

we need link

It's called HIIT, check the fucking sticky.

Not the link I had read before, but it covers the cardio/fat burning aspect

onnit.com/academy/benefits-sprinting-jogging-greater-gains/

The link I had before also talked about the similar gains in circulation etc

>How many times have we seen a track meet where there were sprinters competing and we were amazed on how sculpted their legs and abs were. Well this doesn't happen by just waking up and stepping on a track. The reason behind this is the incredible training that is involved in becoming a proficient sprinter.

>Sprinting is one of the most explosive and amazing workouts you could ever do.

bodybuilding.com/fun/sprint_training_sculpts_body.htm

>Sprinting is great for fat loss and it increases your metabolic rate for several days. High intensity sprinting will burn calories long after your workout is complete. It is an exercise that can be done by men or women. In fact, many fitness and figure competitors incorporate sprinting in their training because of how positive the results are in building a lean long lengthening muscle.

>Sprinting is arguably the best way to firm your legs and butt without incorporating resistance training.

>Sprinting is better overall for muscle building than lifting.

your link doesn't prove that

>Sprinting: The Purest, Most Powerful Physique-Shaper In An Athlete's Arsenal

bodybuilding.com/fun/par46.htm

He's been described as "unusually tall for a sprinter" but yea, taller people do have an advantage when running. Kek, womanlet I knew tried saying that shortfags are faster because of some made up weight theory or something kek.

>when you forget to turn the cheats off

Actually, the only reason he wins is because he runs the fastest

Actually, it's because of his longer stride. Kiddo.

Yes, this is true.

It boosts your metabolism big time. I started including sprints into my routine and I has been able to increase my fat loss per week.

I do an all out sprint for 20 seconds, then walk for 2 minutes x 4

It is basically HIIT. And it causes your body to increase its production of HGH and testosterone.

Anyone who still isn't doing HIIT of some kind is a shitbrain.

Actually, it's because you touch yourself at night

I started doing sprints because I'm afraid of a school shooter at my school. What about you Veeky Forums?

but it feels good desu

Sprinting is actually dangerous if you are not fit enough. Guys pls go to running generals for advice. Don't get injured for no reason

i started doing sprints to chase my schoolmates better in case i wanna shoot em up

>dangerous if you are not fit enough

Fuckoff. Beginners can't run fast.

how could someone get injured while running? isnt it kinda what the body was built to do??

Squats or deadlifts I can understand but why the fuck would a sprinter do curls?

arm strength for momentum
balance

no idea but these seem like legit reasons

Then why is the second fastest man alive 5'11 and why isn't Lebron James running sub 10

All muscle mass is functional mass

Arm swing helps running faster.

>better overall for muscle building than lifting.
It builds muscle but not like big big ones. Some of us want to get huge, so doing sprinting and lifting together would probably benefit more.

And also too, sometimes you get muscle imbalances, or have body parts that you want to focus on more to make your physique more pleasing to the eye..., doing accessory lifting really helps achieve that. I think sprinting and lifting should go together.

Nice thread OP. I have always included sprinting in my routine, and lately been watching videos and reading articles on how to improve your sprinting, and its been working wonders for my legs and my core. The 10-15 seconds that Im into it feels great.

you realize that sprinters spend more time in the gym than 80% of /fit?

good sprinters can stand up from sitting position using only arm momentum

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=QCBBX5W8IQk

Running is not sprinting. Totally different game. Huge stress in your legs structure. You shouldn't sprint train (HIIT) unless you can run 5k every other day.

>he's the tallest.

Wayde van Niekerk was shorter than everyone else in the 400m final but he broke the world record.

joints would say otherwise.