NEW NATURAL STRENGTH STANDARDS

Goodbye 1/2/3/4 we have new standards now

youtube.com/watch?v=rmz7kkIz2Go

7 plate deadlift minimum

>7 plate deadlift minimum
Wtf

He seems like a nice guy but the whole pick up artist shit is cringy af

Well, this. He seems like a cool guy, he's pretty strong, but i wish he would keep some things for himself

>hurr durr men are beta faggots these days
>its because of video games and shit
>i am the real alpha male

>secondary video games channel

also
>call yourself alpha male
>keep watching chinese cartoons
pick one

>tfw I just hit my 4pl8 DL last workout
>Veeky Forums raises their standards the day after

and not even to 5pl8 they raise it straight to 7pl8 - maybe I should just kill myself

This is not the point of the video. 1/2/3/4 will always be an intermediate milestone, what he is saying is that you should never be satisfied and give up just because you reach some arbitrary number.

>taking advice from a 5ft5 narrow shouldered manlet with a pedostache

why do this to yourselves

I like his content, but some of his stuff is ridiculous.

For example, his program "Naturally Enhanced" is $50!

Really? I can buy the full text of Starting Strength for $30.

Also, his channel sometimes shows a 5% discount code. LMAO. That's $2.50. What a joke.

This guy tells me to do fullbody workouts, I don't like him.

4/3/2/1 is for intermediates, brah. This video is more geared towards the people who think "ok, I've reached 5/4/3 and I probably won't make much more results than this natty, so I'll stop training as hard", and it'll become a self fulfilling prophecy and you really won't make gains due to your lack of effort. It's best to set goals that are sightly higher than what you would consider realistic, that way you'll always work hard, but it won't be so unrealistic that you completely give up (for example, if you make it a goal to bench 600 lbs, that's pretty retarded).

Are you alex?
I know he sometimes posted here

My goals are 2/3/4/5 desu. Fuck a 7pl8 deadlift if you can't even press 2pl8s

Nah, I watched his video earlier today and summed it up for the people who didn't understand/watch it
The OHP seems way harder than the other ones, imo something like 2/3,5/5/6 is more proportionate

Don't lie to me Alex

>Fuck a 7pl8 deadlift if you can't even press 2pl8s

It's just my personal opinion. OHP is my favorite lift

Tfw
140/180/225/240

You try stalling at 80 fucking kilos when the rest of your lifts are on the verge of 3/4/5

OHP is fucking brutal shit

Yeah. I'm the original poster and I'm currently at 1pl8 1RM. My ultimate OHP goal is "only" 2pl8 beacause it's so fucking hard to progress.

Good luck getting there. I've been sitting at 80kg for 5 for weeks now and it's tearing me apart. I know I have to stop training maximum intensity 6 days a week but fucking hell is it difficult to just let go of OHP gains. It's my favourite lift.

You need dem ogus genes for a godly ohp

>tfw stalling at 180 bench
>tfw "lifting" for almost 3 years
>tfw most of the time wasted trying to cut or recomp
if i could turn back time i would just bulk like there is no tommorow and today i would have awesome mass and strength instead of looking like shit and having shit lifts

Iktf
On a related note, does anyone else find that OHP is really hard to 1rm on? Like if I do 60kg for 5 my 1rm will only be like 65kg.

How was your deadlift so low and OHP so high
I'm at 135/205/295/375

What's the link to that website where you can enter your lifts and it tells you if you're untrained, a novice, intermediate or an expert?

google strength standards and symmetric strength

Jesus that facial hair is poverty. He's wearing it ironically....right?

this guy should shut the fuck up until he reaches the standards he thinks are reasonable imo

Thanks mane

I'm in a similar situation, been lifting for 2 years with practically no results because I kept eating at maintenance since I'm skinnyfat (6'0" 185 lbs). A few months ago I just said fuck it and decided to bulk to 200 lbs, even if it makes me fat. I've actually finally started to get results (I can semi-regularly increase my upper body lifts by 2,5 lbs per session now, before I was stalling like crazy), but I don't know what I'll do once it's time to cut. I'm hoping to build enough muscle now so that after the cut I'll end up a bit more muscular 185 lbs, but we'll see.