Survey

-how old is fit/?
-for how long you are lifting/or did you lift ? -giving off because of injuries or vacations is irrelevant-

strawpoll.me/11108050
strawpoll.me/11108112

also reply so thread stays up motherfuckers

What makes you think you can tell me what to do?

Sage

not think
know

Veeky Forums is both younger and more noobie than I thought

I feel like a king among autists

How did this get so many replies?

u know

i prefer dedicated youngsters then grown up useless assballs

I'll never listen to Veeky Forums again.

by getting voted by fitizens?

>700 votes for the age poll
>500 votes for the years lifting poll

i took it as they forgot to vote for the latter
it cant be that 200 people frequents here and dont even lift

r-right?

>be 22
What do

green one
red one supposed to be 23-24

>36% (196 of 522 ) lift for less than one year
>49% (374 of 763 ) are younger than 25

I thought summer is over

>-how old is fit/?

>-for how long you are lifting/or did you lift ?
Literally a week. Been fucking strong as an ox my whole life doing nothing but farm work but in the last year I got both weak and fat, which fits with every other male in my family (all of which were 500lbs by 45). I just can't accept being a disgusting fat fuck like my dad so I've bought a bench/squat all in one thing off Craigslist and an elliptical I found in the trash that I fixed up.

Really wish I knew more about what I should be doing, but I figure doing something wrong is better than doing nothing.

>doing something wrong is better than doing nothing
no dude
get two adjustable dumbbells, look to the movements for each muscle group from google and start with them. 5kgs for each arm is a good starting weight. take it slow.

Cardio. Running, swimming all that gay stuff. Also eat a lot less. If your starving eat till you're just hungry. Make sure a good portion of your diet is a mix of veggies, lean meat and fish.

If you can be assed making it, "three bean salad" is a good go to side dish for most meats: heaps of protien and fibre.

>i am superior because I am far into adulthood and still spending my time on Veeky Forums

Cardio is hard for me because I completely destroyed my ankle in highschool (got thrown into a wall and touched the side of my foot to my leg, then hid it for the rest of the season cause it was my last chance to make state) is there any cardio that is easy on the ankles?

I have cut back on eating and switched from junk food to mainly chicken and whatever vegetables I have in the house.

As far as lifting goes 5kg seems significantly light for someone my size (6'2 260), but I guess it's best not to hurt myself trying to go heavy right off. Is there anything I should add to my equipment besides what I have? I have about $1500 set away that I can spend on this instead of buying a steer

Thank you for your help.

25, lifted when i was 17-18, then became a fatfag. Just started lifting w/cardio on off days. Veeky Forums is keeping me strong.

-two adjustable dumbbells
-one adjustable bench
-one pulldown machine
now, there are some machines that have almost everything on it. pulldowns, leg raises, back row, inner outer leg thingy. so if you can find a good quality of that one, go for it. but be careful, generally mixed machines are really shitty. if you cant find one, just pulldown will do it and with dumbbells, bench and pulldown you are golden. and even if u can lift, start wth 5kgs for each arm on any lift at most, and go from there gradually. this is more of a injury careful sport. lifting heavy is easy. its the diet and injury prevention that what will keep you good at it in the long run. add slow pace walk for cardio and static stretching at rest for best results.

What makes quality? Any specific brands I should be looking for?