Alright Veeky Forums I need answers

Alright Veeky Forums I need answers

How DEEP are you supposed to squat?

How deep is too deep? How deep is enough?

Is butt wink just a meme or a legit issue?

Redpill me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y2B08P6YJZE?t=151
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ass to grass is optimal. Below parallel is acceptable.

as low as reasonably possible without compromising form and your health

Step 1: Put ping pong ball on floor.
Step 2: Assume squat position above ping pong ball.
Step 3: Squat deep enough to feel the ping pong ball caress your anus.
Step 4: Clench ass and pick up ping pong ball.
Step 5: Stand up.
Step 6: Squat and place ping pong ball back on the ground.

This is what you should be able to do with proper squat form. If you do not touch the ping pong ball, you are not deep enough.

Ass to grass. Nothing else is acceptable.

post your squat

parallel is the standard. ATG is what you do when you want to explode your knees. Honestly ATG is so fucking dumb theres no point in doing it unless you're training for the olympics, but then you'd be doing front squats instead

It's ATG. I'm not going to go make a fucking video for you.

lmao

below parallel is not acceptable, it's a requirement

>knees explode
Atg prevents knee sheer you fuck nugget

>being this autistic
He said it's either atg or below parallel so obviously below parallel is a requirement

>tfw legs are too stiff to go ass to grass and you just fall over

At least I can go below 90 degrees

try putting small plates under your heels, that's the advice I got (I have comically stiff ankles)

hey guize is my skwat le ass to le grass?? :DDD

>Relaxing your hamstrings to bounce off your calves

yeah bro really sounds healthy for your knees. Cut it off early. Save your knees

is this low enough?

>knees are so far fucking forward man

It's no use, I can't even go ass to grass without any weights
Most I can get to is a slavsquat

but u must squat le ayeteegee or it does not count :DD

What ever YOU can do for YOUR body.

Everything else is a meme. How are you gonna squat 3plate ATG when you're 7 feet tall?

Enjoy your backproblems mr shrimp

If u have long legs you shouldn't be able to do a ping pong squat. The best I can do is tennis ball

parallel or below

>long legs

I'm 5'8" dude
That should say enough

So you're supposed to fall over every time you squat?

haha thats funny but for real tell me what im doing wrong and how to fix it

is ATG only for high bar or lowbar too?

>bouncing
>relaxing
you're a fucking faggot, you're supposed to control the movement during the whole ROM.
Don't blame the exercise, blame yourself for doing it incorrectly.

>wahhh cant go atg
>wahhh exploding knees
>he doesn't stretch

Butt wink is bad because you're flexing your spine. You're going too deep and losing all tightness in your lower back as a result. You'll snap your shit up as a result.

Speaking from personal experience. I still get the occasional back pain from squatting. I lose tightness and can't maintain a proper bar path on the way up and I overinvolve my lower back.

t. lamoBodyWeightplate squatter

just get your hip crease below the top of your knee

Show me anyone who squats atg by staying rigid. They're all dive bombing their shit and forcing your knees forward at the bottom

go away

Keep squatting like that then. I won't say anything about it

Not everyone can go super deep depending on their limb length, hip sockets, and ankle mobility.

>Show me anyone
you'd have to enter a gym first

enjoy half squatting 4 plate and then jumping on the leg press for gainz

Stretch you retard. How many of you dumb fucks can't even slav squat or asian squat, fucking stretch you idiots. Retards not reading the sticky and being able to do starting stretching and not being able to do limber 11 then bitching first.

like, 3 secs search on yt
youtu.be/Y2B08P6YJZE?t=151

i've found gym newbies legitimately can't at first but their mobility is improved over time.

Stretch my hip socket?

Look, as an adult, you can increase your ankle mobility somewhat by stretching consistently every day for months. But if you were born with deep hip sockets, no fucking way you're going to go ATG.

>he doesn't have ankle flexibility

Lmaoing at your shit life

Have fun with your raised heels every time you want to go atg you stiff fucking faggot

That's not atg. That's how I squat. Atg is ass against calves

Wrong. Oppositely wrong in fact.

Your back is rounding. Keep chest up, back straight.

>he's this delusional

Unless you have a condition or you're 70 years old you can stretch. Go to a pt and tell them "i cant stretch because muh hip socket" I never gotten an xray before I promise you, muh momma told me"

You need to lean forward more. Put the bar lower on your back

Serious answer?
Just buy $70 lifting shoes.

Serious Answer?
If that ass keeps winking at me I'm gonna have to ask it to dinner

thanks

;)

post a video of the full lift

But you're wrong, that's a back squat ATG.
No, you don't get into a resting "slav squat" position. You're confusing the two (or maybe you're confusing back ATG and front ATG) and I doubt you actually lift.

Wtf are you even talking about

You're pretending that a back squat ATG will be performed with the same angle of a front squat ATG, that's not going to happen. This explain the embarrassing confusion you have on "bouncing" while squatting, "moving knees forward" while you're at the bottom, "exploding knees" caused by the switch between a resting and a back squat position.. and so on.

All the guys do their ATG squats with a vertical back angle and a high bar position, just like you would with a front squat.

You're just trying to sound smart

>All the guys perform back squats like they do front squats
>same vertical back angle
>and obviously same knee angle

You're succeeding in sounding dumb
Pls staph

are you wearing a fucking laid2rest t shirt? my MAN

hell yeah. unmatched dominance brother

You can't stretch the bone of a ball and socket joint in an adult. Increasing the mobility of a ball and socket joint=fracturing the socket or the ball-joint. If 90% of people had shallow C shaped hip sockets, then rushing to conclusions about hip mobility before an x-ray would be rash. But the majority of people have hip sockets that are either shallow and parabola shaped or both deep and narrow and particularly the latter have inherent mobility problems in a very deep squat.

Also, there is piss poor evidence that 'mobility' exercises add more than a little bit of mobility in fully grown adults who are not recovering from injury.
Every healthy adult can probably got a few inches below parallel. Not every healthy adult can go ATG despite what your cock sucking crossfit coach says.

As low as you can, therefore beyond parallel is a must. Atg if you have some skill and not a pussy

You lying fuck. Bet it's above parallel. A2G indeed.

How flared is too flared concerning feet? My feet face pretty far out, would it have anything to do with tight hips or something?

I do high bar A2G just wondering if I'm cheating myself by doing the flared feet and a slightly wider stancr

>Oscar's
Milwaukee?

Sometimes

Controlling the weight on the way down is more important anyway

I will