>tfw noodle arms

How do I build myself up to one pull up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKEgHKOvYTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do negatives
Get a band and use that to assist.
Get your bench & OHP stronger
Do your rows. Just pick and do them
Get your deadlift stronger; the better your back is, the better the PU

As for specific programs, Pavels' fighter & the Armstrong pullup program work. Just get volume at something you can do with decent form, and the gains will come in time

Pullups are about back strength lmao

You know this guy looks small as fuck irl, right?

5'2"

I didn't mean height, but yeah. At 5'2 to look swole you need to go for that fridge look. Anything else and you look like an athletic child.

>bench
>ohp
>related to pull up strength

what

Interested in this too. Wouldn't just progressing with weighted Pull ups get you there eventually? What am I missing?

Maybe it is my back. I lift heavy stuff at my job, so my arms are naturally fit, so when I tried to do some pull ups I could only do one and that made me feel crappy

Mainly negatives and static holds at the top, also do rows on a separate day. If you have an assisted pull up machine or lat pulldown, that's good, but many gyms don't have it.
>progressing with weighted pull ups
>can't do one bw pull up
What

Lol oops. Somehow read the post as how to build to one arm pull ups, my bad. One arm pull up progression is what I'm after user. So would weighted Pull ups be the right way to go for that?

There's a large skill component to weighted pull ups. I know guys who can do one arm pull ups, but are still far away from a 1xBW weighted pull up. You should still do weighted pull ups, but you should also do one arm pull up progressions (helping with only a few fingers of the other hand, partial ROM, etc.). I suggest you look up advice from calisthenics guys on this topic, they'll know more than me.

>There's a large skill component to *one arm pull ups
Now I'm screwing up, fuck.

My initial screw up was contagious user. I see what you're getting at. I'll try to find some Cali guys to speak with. In closing, would you say one arm pull ups are more of an impressive feat/flashy than anything else? Like, couldn't you just stick to weighted Pull ups without ever having to progress to one arm ones and still make big gains? If that makes sense, or any other pull up variation for that matter. Like there's a variation called the archer or something?

You use your lats as stabilizers for both of them, so there's that
And I think you use your lats a little bit for OHP

This guy works out at the LA Fitness where i go in La Habra, CA. I've seen him many times.
He is indeed small as fuck. Always wears a jacket when working out too.

idk man, imo a 5'2" fridge mode looks super overcompensating

youtube.com/watch?v=WKEgHKOvYTE

Start losing weight. I couldn't do one and after losingng 60 lbs I can do 10.

This, I currently weigh 266 and can do 4 pullups. I used to be able to do 2 plates until I got fat.

Thanks for posting this. Haven't been able to do a single pull up in months and I just got inspired

Lats & delts.
Also, good concentration on the negative during bench & OHP equals biceps gains. No, not the curlz kind of gains but the other kind kind you don't notice until you start repping out an old 1rm

Depends. With thick beard and proper clothes you would look like dwarfen lumberjack. Shaven and guido style - yeah, that wouldn't look good, I think.
I've seen a really short guy who was almost as wide in shoulders as he was tall. He had a thick beard and he looked like he could walk through a brick wall. But ironically you have to have proper beard and frame genetics to pull that look, lol.

Use an assistance machine or bands link user said.

by doing deadlifts. Deadlifts are baically reverse pullups.

> having extremely defined muscles while having a compact body
> not a lot of people's fitness goal

pls.

isn't relaxing at the bottom (fully extended arms) during pullups/chinups a bad thing?