Start stretching inner hips regularly

>start stretching inner hips regularly
>neglected in post-workout stretching routine, plus constant sitting
>mfw squat form improves dramatically thanks to lengthened hip muscles and more glute activation
>mfw lower back pain/discomfort is completely gone

why didnt anybody tell me about this before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfJVhDaKrPw
youtube.com/watch?v=cg6xwgw0Ddg
youtube.com/watch?v=gnAsnVNh0C0
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.525.2286&rep=rep1&type=pdf
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17461391.2015.1028467
bjsm.bmj.com/content/32/1/68.short
ajs.sagepub.com/content/19/1/76.short
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yea westerners sit too much. It's a problem.

Literally in the sticky faget

I have this same problem, OP

What did you do to stretch your hips, pls?

this

I watched these two videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=pfJVhDaKrPw
youtube.com/watch?v=cg6xwgw0Ddg

And adopted the stretches in my daily routine

I used to mostly do some of the usual stretches, like touching my toes for stretching the hamstring, in my daily routine. But the moves in those videos by an actual physical therapist is what made the difference.

Pic related - you should do this one too. Doing the one pictured here along with the ones in the video made a huge difference.

did you have pain on only one side of your hips?

>start stretching adductors
>ungodly pain when squatting gets worse
>work good girl machine to strengthen adductors progressively and drop stretching
>problems clear up
Stretching is the same kind of broscience as massage and chiropractics, bullshit that most people accept as truth but proven wrong by all studies.

say that to any physical therapist and you could win the darwin award of the year.

I want you to go play basketall and tear your acl. Then I want you to rehab and never stretch. Tell me how that knee feels and how won't even be able to parallel squat yet have a normal stride. Pls get off this board

You think olympic and powerlifters don't stretch?

Give me meta-analyses that provide proof about the statistically significant benefits of stretching first before you get emotional and argue something's right just because it's always been done that way.

Excellent videos, thanks my man

As repayment, here's an excellent video for shoulders:
youtube.com/watch?v=gnAsnVNh0C0
(he never made a part 2)

citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.525.2286&rep=rep1&type=pdf

you're both arguing in circles

stretching is very good, and you should do it to improve flexibility and mobility, which are absolutely critical for lifting
however
static stretching immediately prior to lifting is NOT something you should do. you're not going to be getting tendon creep and getting more flexible ten minutes before squatting, you're just weakening the muscle (which has been factually proven). you're also not reducing injury risk.

what you want to be doing immediately prior to lifting are mobility drills and DYNAMIC stretches, to open up stiff joints and warm up the muscles that stabilize the joint
static stretching is great, but save it for off days.

>you're just weakening the muscle
temporarily*

also, stretching right after lifting is more likely to result in a muscle tear, since the muscle is now tense, spongy, and full of blood, and may give before the tendon stretches

lmao are you serious? Read your stuff, this did not prove anything.

not an argument

Static stretching does not improve flexibility over a couple hours AT MOST, nor did I stretch my adductors before squatting. I stretched them afterwards, but it only irritated the overworked and damaged tissue more, and stepping back to progressively overload them in a controlled manner, without stretching and hurting them more, strengthened them and cleared me of my problems.

Nor is yours pal, the article says it cannot prove the benefits of stretching in the conclusion or any other part in it.

>Static stretching does not improve flexibility over a couple hours AT MOST
correct
static stretching improves flexibility over weeks of consistently doing it for 20-30 minutes
this requires discipline, which is why the way most people static stretch (i.e. thirty seconds of toe-touches and leg-grabs before exercise) is completely useless and counterproductive

Wat stretch specifically

see

>
That's complete bullshit aint it ? Every single professional I've ever met told me that stretching AFTER lifting was good and that stretching BEFORE lifting could result in a tear.

Whats your opinion on static stretching immediately post-workout?

Stretching was the true redpill of well-being for me. I started stretching my hips because they were tight all the time, then one at a time starting adding all my other muscles into the stretching routine. Phenomenal.

Stretching after working out is good because it reduces the muscle bulk but not the strength. It smoothens everything out turning it into lean strong muscle.

hee hee hee

That which can be claimed with no source can be refuted with no source.
>proven wrong by all studies

Fuck off you stupid cunt, give ME genuine peer reviewed articles that YOU CLAIM exist.

Can't read it on my mobile, but that was someone posting an article to prove you wrong.

Yeah, I read the article and it proves me right. There are no proven benefits to stretching.

Quote just for you:
"In conclusion, there is not sufficient evidence to endorse
or discontinue routine pre- or postevent stretching to prevent
injury among competitive or recreational athletes. Better
research is needed to determine the proper role of stretching
in sports, especially as there are increasing numbers of
athletes and growing recognition that all people need to
increase their physical activity to improve their health and
quality of life."

Not stretching at all is known to be retarded.

Every study has trained athletes doing exercises. Those people have at minimum a few years of flexibility accrued. You don't manage to jump around and land and do whatever without developing a proper range of motion.
What the actual fuck am I supposed to be proving here?
You're just basing everything you read on your personal experience of being a retard.

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17461391.2015.1028467
Short duration static stretching increases speed performance over control values

bjsm.bmj.com/content/32/1/68.short
This just in, athletes are flexible

ajs.sagepub.com/content/19/1/76.short
Wow! Flexibility and strength imbalances have a higher instance on injury

The stretch topic is vague as fuck, and people like you have no idea about the actual physiology behind the stretch response.

Imbalances certainly increase injury rates but that's not what we were talking about here, not if athletes are flexible or not. They're presumably athletes because they're flexible, not the other way around.

Maximum range of motion is neurological and stretching doesn't increase it... is what I'd like to say, but I can't find any citations of studies about it despite multiple articles talking about it and having convinced me before. I admit I might be wrong about that.

Regardless, there's no medical evidence yet that proves stretching to be beneficial. I'm talking about injury rates and flexibity here, not an increase in speed or loss of power.