Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>roider
>video with metal to convey the idea of toughness
>quarter repping

What a sucker.

not even 1 set has been done that day

Partials still work the quads, litrelly don't need to do ATG.

ATG are only to show off to your boyfriends.

3:30 is u guys

Come back to me when you actually know something about lifting, dude.

How fucking idiotic are you, kiddo? time under tension. By not locking out the hips or knees the musculature of the leg is under greater stress, that stress then creates growth.

Partial squats work great.

Yeah, whatever. Do you also not lock your joints when you bench press or ohp for that sick time under pressure?

Also, watch out who you call 'kiddo', internet tough guy, or I will fuck you up.

>yyy-eayh wahtever

Come back to me when you know something about lifting, kiddo.

spid dethgiew

partials put a shitload of stress on your joints stop baiting

>How to get disgusting quads and risk your knee

>how he looks has anything to do with his training

With the enormous amount of steroids he's on, it's all diet + genetics. He could do anything to train and still be fucking huge.

I don't "need" to squat below parallel. I also don't "need" to squat. I don't "need" to wipe my ass.
I do these things because it makes my life easier.

holy fucking lol
>babby weight
>quarter rep
>metal
is this a parody video? It feels like I'm watching youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

>doing squats
ayy lmao

>squat ass to the grass since day one as i was told im supposed to
>one day decide to try half repping just to see what it feels like
>mfw I`ve felt my glutes and hams like never before
>mfw it was actually harder to squat that way

Yeah I mean who the fuck cant squat 130 kg for 4 sets of 20 right?

for

atg does require more effort by at least 50% more. If you want proof, go break your leg then learn how to walk again.

idk but when I go down just above parallel I feel my muscles are strained the whole time while atg i dont feel anything when im at the top or the bottom

I could, if all I had to do per rep was bend my knees less than 45ish (emphasis on the ish) degrees based on "how I feel".
Might be because you're controlling the weight more on the way down as opposed to just dropping straight down at the start of each rep.

as this guy already said, might be because you didn't concentrate on the eccentric movement ~ dive bomb

>I could
yeah sure thing pal

Let's get serious user - that video doesn't show someone squatting 130kg for 4 sets of 20. He's doing something with 130 for 4x20, but it's not squatting, it's some exercise that more or less recruits the same muscles less efficiently. It's showboating for people who don't understand exercise, and as one of the commenters said, it's great evidence that drugs and genetics are more important to bodybuilding than programming or form.

It's fucking over for you, kiddo

Eccentric contraction isn't an indicator of gains.
It's more dangerous to put load on a lengthening muscle and force it to contract.

Muscles can only contract and relax. The quad contracting is for extending the knee (pushing). Muscles are adaptable, and being able to lower yourself to the ground isn't exactly going against your anatomy, but it has a higher chance of injury without benefit.

Quarter repping will feel more strenuous because you're using the muscle to slow the weighted load to a stop, rather than allowing the weight to transition through the hamstrings/calves/glutes bones etc.
What that leads to is the peak point of eccentric contraction and maximal force being applied to the proteins that hold the cytoskeleton of the muscle cells together, potentially unhinging them and causing additional damage for no good reason.

Roiders get away with this because they have a vastly increased protein synthesis rate, damage can be repaired like freaking wolverine or some shit. Mr. Dyel doing 100kg quarter squats isn't going to get jacked, he'll hurt himself and blame squats, saying he did 140kg squats and blew 'muh acl', and that nobody should ever squat. (Roiders might eventually snap a tendon, because they don't heal quickly, and putting excessive force on the patellar tendon like that all the time will cause an injury sooner or later)

>*Teleports behind you* nothing personal kiddo.

It is because you tag squatted all this time that any other squat would be much more difficult to pull off.

I see a lot of athletes do these because they allow them to do other exercises without being heavily fatigued while still hitting the main muscle they desire to work hard the quads. it allows them to train endurance high rep better or to go much heavier than a full rom squat. they usually do full rom squats too just not all the time