Are sit ups really useless? What does fit do for their core?

Are sit ups really useless? What does fit do for their core?

Squats and deadlifts

Doing manual labour, primarily digging.

planks and ab wheel

Oh and overhead press...
Honestly if you do heavy compound lifts you will work your core as well
If you want visible abs you just need to cut down body fat percentage..
I don't see the point in sit ups...

thats not working your core enough tbqh senpai

First post best post.

/thread

What about V - Ups fit? I've tried hanging knee raises (don't have enough space/power for leg raises) to the point where my knees touch my chest yet I don't really feel my abs a lot, so I'm thinking of doing V - Ups, along with Standing Oblique Crunches and some plank for finale

Leg raises
Also I always lmao at those ""strong"" ripped dudes who achieved 1/2/3/4 yet can't do a single pushup kek

Russian Twists and Kettlebell Sit-Ups

when you do situps, go straight up not forward

>pushup
what? pullup would make sense if you did ss+gomad, but pushup?

Try this super-set.
10 leg raises.
20 bicycles.
30 second plank on your back.
Repeat 3 times and up the reps and plank time when it's too easy.

I fell for this meme.

Don't make the same mistake.

Do some hanging leg raises and planks.

If you fixed your posture and lost a bit of weight you'd be fine. Your posture and fat aren't squats or DL's fault.

Anybody who thinks squat, deadlift, or any other compound are sufficient core training are memers.

It's fine to say heavy compounds are enough if your goal does not require core strength above the minimum (e.g. a basic strength program or lifting to look good and only to look good).

If you are in a sport that requires immense core strength, heavy compounds will not be enough. Heavy front squats would be the next step up if we are talking compounds only, but you need some core specific exercises.

I like Russian twists and either a weighted crunch or a sit-up-into-press with dumbbell or barbell. I also like weighted push-ups but I understand that they are more of a meme.

What's wrong with my posture?

nothing
he's just trying to justify his delusion that you don't need to do ab exercises

Your arms seem so short

bumping for my post, what do you think about V - Ups guys, are they as shitty as shitty ups and crunches or actually good?

I dunno

Fucking DYELS, you know shit about """"ab work"""" (almost all well-known ab exercises work more your hip flexors rather than the rectus abdominis).
Simply because ab work is a joke itself. What you should focus is in core exercises, like planks, and (once planks are easy enough for you) the ab roller / something that recreates it.
Neglecting your whole core and just working your abs will produce you lower back pain because that area will be weak. Instead of fucking around at the gym doing 100 ab exercises that will create a decompensation in your core and send you to snap city, stop losing your time and start doing proper exercises.

he's a t-rex

>tfw squat and deadlift are pretty much equal
>tfw dick gets in way of bar at lockout
>tfw switch to sumo and instantly put 30kg on max 160 - 190kg

first meme best meme

I started doing 3-5 sets of 15-20 with the ab roller and 3-5 sets of 7-10 reps of neutral grip L sit pull-ups every time I go to the gym, and it took about 1 month to get a six pack. I think I started with like a 3 pack (just my top two abs were visible). Sometimes I do hanging leg raises when I am too tired, but I prefer the L sit pull-ups.

idk what retard gave you that idea. situps are GOAT tier

Might be the lighting but you look like you have a spot of lordosis. Or are standing with your hips thrust a little forward.