Please help me Veeky Forums

Please help me Veeky Forums

18 y/o here. I have always been a fat as fuck kid and I recently decided to do something about it and I have lost 40lbs so far (Now 5"8' 150lbs).

HOWEVER my parents are obese and have fought me every step of the way, and I mean these guys have seriously bad habits.

Whenever I try to eat healthily they screech at me, call me anorexic, and tell me I am not getting enough calories, and critisize my every meal. But whenever I binge eat they seem to encourage it.

For instance the other day, going as far to come to my room, open a pint of icecream, and offer it to me without saying a word. When I asked them why they did that when I told them to fucking stop with that shit they said I deserve a treat now and then.

I can resist most of the time, but guys this shit is constant, like atleast 8 times a day I am being offered cake/sweets/etc. I know it's my fault if I induldge, but it's not making it easy. I used to be bullimic and I have a serious problem with binging/purging, and them doing this has made it considerably worse. (Yes I know I am a weak pussy, but it is what it is). They often will not leave me alone unless they see me eat what they want me to.

Thoughts? What do I say to them? Do I just need to man up and tell them to cut this shit out? I'm really trying guys but fuck me - it's hard
Also, I ask them to not offer me shitty food but they still will

>get job
>collect money
>get own place w/roommate to help costs
>buy + cook own food
>lose weight
>make gains

Going to uni soon, so I have to come home for the holidays still :/

It's called self control, short of them forcing it down your throat. You are the only one that decides whether you accept the food or not. Alcoholics can resist the temptation of drinking even when they are around those that drink. Yeah they may want a beer but they know what that beer can lead to. Same idea

pls

150lbs is a good weight for your height though OP. You don't need to lose more.

Start lifting if you haven't. Stay strong my dude.

Thank you man, I think I will, just gotta get this diet shit in check first - it's making me miserable

Speak your peace on the matter then ignore them after that. If they persist then it's time to move out.
What they are doing, if it's how you say it is, is abusive.

Literally just been talking to them about birthday plans, they said 'promise me you won't order a salad if we go out for a meal, or we just won't take you out'. Then proceeding to go on a rant about how I need to be eating burgers to enjoy a family meal out

fucks sake lads just end it

Then make sure you do super fucking well at uni. That's your ticket out. No fucking around, no drinking, ignore Chad and Stacey fucking. Keep your head down, get it done ASAP.

Use your top marks in your degree to get a job, and get the fuck away from your family.

This is a long game. Be smart.

eat the burger. and the cheese. and a big salad. drizzle it in Olive oil.

discard the bun.

I had a similar issue, just stick to your guns and have a burger once a weekend or something. Sounds like they are overprotective since you had an eating disorder.

Flat out tell them that these are the years that you're gunna look back on and tell your kids stories about, and you'd like to be in shape and good looking, and that this isn't another eating disorder phase, you're trying to make healthier decisions.

My mum had a shit fit about me implying she was fat and being fat and ugly isn't good enough (projecting her insecurity).
We butted heads for a while but they eventually agreed to let me choose what I was going to eat, and how big my portions were going to be.
They ended up asking for help with their diets, and they each lost 20kg.

I'd rather not, there are way healthier things to eat. I'm still trying to lose weight at the minute because I'm a long distance/XC runner and the lower I weigh the better

Here's the thing, they make fun of my ED, they literally don't care

When I have a protein bar after a long run day they'll say something like 'isn't that too unhealthy for you, your probably going to have to throw it up now' and stick their fingers down their throats, retch and laugh

(Also they have never directly confronted me about it but they know FOR SURE)

fuck didnt realise how fucked up it was till I typed it out

>Burger
>Healthier things to eat

You need to get your shit straight dude. Beef is god tier. You definitely need to tell your parents to fuck off, but ordering a salad at a restaurant for your meal is pathetic

Your parents feel bad about themselves because you're trying to improve yourself and so they are trying to tempt you and bring you down to their level. They are not doing this consciously, but subconsciously, the brain does a lot of things to make reality less painful.

You have to not engage rationally, they are never going to understand your will to become a better person, it's not because they are bad people, they are simply weaker.

You need to keep on fighting brother, keep improving yourself, keep striving and for your ideal, regardless f what they tell you.

A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep.

Your parents need to die in order for you to be reborn. In other words, you need to leave them behind.

Godspeed my brother.

God fucking hell dude, how old are you?

If you want a salad fucking order one. Or order god damn chicken. Shit!

>thinking red meat is god tier
Gtfo

>Can't handle the bantz
That's what parents do, talk about how it tastes better going out than it did going in

>hating gains
Leave

>They are doing this subconsciously

You breath and blink subconsciously. His parents sound like shit bags, and they definitely know what they are doing. I can't even comprehend how OP could be in a situation like this because from day 1 I would have shut that shit down. But then again I'm well adjusted and my parents aren't inbred, so I don't know.

Explain to your parents the consequences of both lifestyles. I sincerely think that being obese for extended periods of time (about 5 years) does serious damage to your brain which causes people to think this lifestyle is okay.

Every time they give you shit, rattle off a fact about health/weight. This confuses the hambeasts.

>OP states he was fat
>OP states he is trying to avoid mass gaining food.
OP stick to tuna and chicken breast, son. Also tell your parents that you love them and to fuck off.

>mass gaining food
Beta bitch, there is no such thing
Cal in/Cal out

You're going full meme overboard son.

If you think that's a meme, youre not going to make it.
Enjoy your plain chicken and dry oats fuck

Enjoy your gut gains friend-o

I was in a similar situation but my parents were twinks and hated every second of me eating at a caloric surplus
>user are you eating steak again all that red meat is no good for you
>why do you have to eat so much
>full cream milk is bad for you because of all that fat
>why don't you ever go for a run with your dad, doing weights without cardio is bad for you.
Seriously the only time they stopped was when i refused to talk to them and i moved out as soon as i could.
I recommend you do the same and move out, they think they know better and will never change and will always belittle your achievements.

I'm leaving for university in 10 days, thank fucking god but I will be with them for 15 weeks a year, so not completely free. Gonna try to cut down on that as much as possible mountaineering out in the peak district tho:)

Also will get studentbux from the loan company so will not be financially dependent, which is basically the only reason I'm tolerating this shit right now desu

Stay strong man. Each time they offer you food and you feel your about to go for it, remember what you want to achieve. You've lost 40 pounds man, that takes dedication and hard work, are you gonna let some shit like this break you?

>yes I know I'm a weak pussy
Admitting your faults and working to fix them doesn't make you weak. It's the opposite. If you acknowledged it and made no move to fix it, that's major pussy shit. What you've done is what everyone should do, you've found your faults and you've pushed yourself to fix it.

They likely won't cut this shit out because you're showing that change is a possible thing. Stick to your guns, stick up for yourself where you need too, and stick to it at college.

You can do this.

Thanks dude, I needed to hear that.

Don't worry about it man. Everyone has those days that make burdens feel heavier, all we can do is stay standing and keep moving.

Thats fucked up. Glad my parents supported me when i quit smoking, even though they are heavy smokers and didnt slow down a bit when i did, at least they encouraged me>parents roasting you for erectile dysfunction
Hope it wasnt in front of your date lmao

>ED
>erectile dysfunction

I'd call you stupid but you're making a pleasant post so I'll just point out that, in this case, ED refers to eating disorder.

Oh gosh i feel dumb now. Reading context is not my strongsuit

run away from home and survive off of scraps for 3 months. Proven results.

Definitely saving this thread for future reference. You guys are all really great. I'm gonna start standing up for myself. I can do this, we're all gonna make it.

OK, here's what you do. Stop fighting them and use smoke and mirrors instead. You're going to use their ignorance against them. Conceal your power level.

First, start lifting. Don't wait to get your diet on point. Part of the reason for this is you'll need to up your protein to support your lifting. You can use this to your advantage.

In Stephen King's It, there's a bit where one of the kids is in the same boat as you. He found out that he could eat a boatload of salads and greens to overcome his overbearing mother's objections (this story was set in the '50s so the perception about nutrition was different). He basically used it as a way to eat a caloric deficit but also eat big in his mother's eyes, sating her need to be overbearing about it.

You're going to do the same thing, only with protein instead of greens. Remember, because you already started lifting you'll need that protein but will still want to cut carbs, sugar, and junk. Eat steak and eggs, chicken, tuna, etc. make a little bit of a show of eating big.

Second, you'll want to accept the food they offer with little to no resistance, because you're not actually going to eat it. For example when your folks bring that pint of ice cream. Thank them, take a few bites, then set it aside after they leave. You can flush it down the toilet later. When your folks see an empty pint container they'll assume you've eaten it. Think of this as binging and purging without the middle man (you and your gut). Look for other ways to get rid of uneaten food without tipping them off.

Remember, if millions of teenagers can smoke pot in their rooms without getting caught, you can dispose of unwanted food using the same kinds of tricks.

Third, like any other Veeky Forums bro, you get cheat days. Guard them like currency. Spend that currency wisely.

well, user you also blame them for your ED. You really need to take responsibility for yourself and deal with your mental illness. The way you are talking leads me to think you never recovered.

I'm trying. Eating clean and losing weight has given me the most success, it's when I eat shitty foods it just... gets out of hand. And you're right, it's nobody's fault but my own. But I'm making progress!

samefag here, character limit...

Anyway, you're going to save your cheat days for occasions like holidays and birthdays...any occasion where you'll be taken out somewhere or have people over for food. On those occasions, just fucking eat the crap (but you can still do it wisely)

So, for example, when they take you out on your birthday, pick someplace where you can get a big steak or something similar. Don't order "healthy" (they'll be watching for that shit) just be normal. If your steak comes with veggies, eat that shit. Eat hearty. If it comes with fries, eat just a few.for show but not much.

Any leftovers you have, ask for a takeout container yourself and take it home. Later you can feed the leftovers to the dog and put the empty container in the trash where they can see it.

If they insist on cake, which they will, go ahead and blow the candle out and eat that shit. It's your cheat day. Just remember that you've "spent" your cheat day on this occasion.

To sum up:

>1. Eat foods that you know are healthy but that the uneducated will assume are unhealthy.
>2. Accept food that is offered without a fight, dispose of it later but in a way that looks like you've eaten it.
>3. Use cheat days wisely for occasions like your upcoming birthday. That's pretty much what everybody who is Veeky Forums does anyway.

Remember the idea here is to be subtle and remove your agenda from their minds. It's a long con, not an open fight. But if you keep your wits about you and aren't too obvious then you can make it.

A good example

Really appreciate you taking the time to type all that out. Cheers senpai

Think Bout this user:

Human beings used to swing from fucking vines and shit like Tarzan. We lived our lives ass naked as aesthetic gods all hot as fuck and banging each other all the damn time. However, that's only because they lived naturally. Most people who live in say a city try to live naturally because daily life for humans now just isn't natural. You don't run to work, you drive, you have fast food cooked in 5 minutes instead of hunting for it.

Good on you for noticing your parents suck at age 18. You are very young and will be banging hot girls by the time you're 20 and will continue to bang them until let's say 38. That looks to me like you've got a sex filled 20 years ahead of you man. Here's what you do: make a commitment to 2 hours a week to work out. In the grand scheme of things, 2 hours in the Internet age is like .001 second out of your daily life. 2 years will fly by just like high school did and everything else that came before you. Bitches love and only crave the penis of those who are healthy and live an organized lifestyle. Think of working out as becoming more in tune with how your human body should appear "naturally" compared with how it currently appears with all the unnatural food you are used to eating. You are a walking chemistry experiment, just like everybody else. Some have figured out how to control their chemistry Balance by pouring lots of water into their system or making sure it's a strong formula by working out. Think about it. You are a glass cup filled with all of your experiences and what you've eaten and what you've seen and what you've read, etc. Everything shapes who you are. And you can't change the past, but you can certainly work hard for just 1 or 2 years out of your long life so you can fuck like a rabbit during your 20's and 30's. Good luck user we all love you and everybody who works out at the gym is rooting for you and the haters can't stop you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!