Two weeks sober

>two weeks sober
>only feels are sadness and anger
>constant frustration even though life is good on paper

Will lifting help?

Sober from what OP

Alcoholic here and can't seem to stop drinking for more than 3 days without getting shit faced again

Pic redpilled me, gotta cut down on tea.

I know those feels.... but I'm not physically addicted... just enjoy brews while relaxing ; watching sports ; playing xbone ;etc....

Just doesn't feel the same with Powerade Zero.

I did go 10 days without beer in 2013.

>I'm over 40 yrs. old.

What's going on user, what are you coming off of, what was you're use like?

I know these feels and they do pass, lifting does help. I've learned it's important to man up and not dwell on these things.

>tfw on heroin for almost two weeks now

If you're having a hard time without you're addicted user. Take it from someone who's denied for a long time. You may not be reliant or absolutely need it but you still have a problem. It's not a huge one but keep an eye on it because IT WILL become a problem.

Pro tip no alcoholic started at problematic drinking levels it creeps up on you.

Only things in that picture i use are caffeine on some form. Ephedrine also right more for that cut. Glad i never started.

You don't eat simple carbs? Mirin'

This. Had some green tea earlier. I'm losing control of my life.

fucking never

You've been using whatever you were addicted too as a crutch to not deal with these emotions you're feeling.

Get a shrink and figure out the root of whatever it is you were self medicating. Now that you aren't abusing a substance you have to deal with emotional problems head on, good luck. Sobriety was hell for me at first, and it will continue to be tough. It will be tough for you too, but it gets progressively easier as you learn to face your problems like a man instead of using avoidance/bitching out and turning to your substance of choice.

>Sober
>Tea
>Melatonin
>Cookies

Come at me, rationalizationfags

I'm not even kidding man, caffeine is caffeine is psychoactive. Pic makes sense.

i hope you OD and cause horribly tragic loss for your family just like everyone ive ever known who has done heroine

Enjoy your estrogen gains

>buy a vape
>buy some weed
>be free of all other vices

feels pretty good mang

I haven't done any of these in like 2 months, feels great!

why would you hope that?

That's actually a pretty good point for a FB tier meme

Does insurance cover shrink? Do you need ref from reg doc?
Pretty sure was drinking to avoid anxiety

Oh man I bet you still feel like shit

they are most likely an edgy overweight 20 year old neckbeard that faps to anime all day and has never been loved so they take their frustration out anonymously over the internet

My only strategy for not fapping to anime is completely avoiding it. It's designed to be superhumanly appealing.

Has anyone else here given up caffeine and seen some positive benefits? I have a cup of cold brew in the morning and some green tea at lunch time. If I gave these things up, would it benefit me much?

I freakin love Starbucks Coffee

heroine users are all the same, they do this to themselves willingly and always destroy their families(if they have one) and their lives. the only edgy one here is the guy letting people on a chinese cartoon board know that he is doing heroine.

I do

No one of my friends and family knows, it's the only place I can share.
I'm going to rehab on friday though

If you give up brew for a while you'll feel and think differently.

See, when you drink coffee or see coffee as a way to make up for bad food and lifestyle choices you become blind to the affects of food and lack of rest and sleep.

You'll be more likely to eat complete garbage, workout more then you need to and rest horribly.

Once you kick that habit on some level, if you aren't replacing the lost energy with sugar, you'll begin to make better food choices and eat less because you don't have the energy to spare for that much food or the tiredness that it will bring. You'll look forward to a good nights sleep and come to understand the importance of rest.

That's what I found. But right now I"m in the middle of a hardcore protein fast and I need it to get through the day and help mobilize some extra fat. .

Test boost
Heart rate drop
Body creates natural energy
Mind learns natrual focus
Stronger erections
More attractive hormones
Improved cognitive function
Metabolism boost
communication gains
confidence boost
money saved

>list of drugs
>Doesn't include sex, sleep, food, and gym

what are you doing retard?

Quit drinking heavily, quit smoking and quit smoking weed (was basically smoke weed everyday).

Now I keep getting the urge to eat CONSTANTLY. Am I just 'bored', and will keeping my mind ovcupied for a few weeks be enough for it to pass or do I need to see a shrink? I'm not getting any cravings to drink or smoke again.

Yes, ask your doctor for a referral or just check for one that's in your insurance network.

I tried quitting cold turkey a few times, nothing worked until I got in with a counselor. Now I've been sober two years and it's like playing life on easy mode. Give it a shot, even if you don't exactly buy into what they're saying it helps having a third party to hold you accountable and actually care about seeing you succeed.

check the definition of drugs retard

they are if they don't cut the shit out I agree. How are you gonna call me edgy when you were the one wishing for someone family to have a tragic loss? The only kind of people I know that say that kind of stuff literally watch anime all day and wear fedoras.

>drinking half a bottle a night of whiskey
>wake up with that dry, rot gut

kms

the thing that will help more is having a positive attitude about your life situation. have failed to remain sober numerous time, and when it always slips is when I start becoming negative.

wtf fa m

I googled "green tea estrogen" and supposedly it decreases estrogen levels in postmenopausal women

Never addicted to any particular substance, but the partying was getting sketchier and sketchier until I was smoking meth and all sorts of unpleasant shenanigans.
Lifting made all desire to do drugs or commit crimes go away within days. Fucking godsend.

it'll pass, stay the course.

well i dont watch anime and i dont wear fedoras so now what?

Yeah man those female heros really do deserve it

Haven't used any of these in a long time. I had a glass of wine 4ish days ago, but before then nothing for weeks.
I'm not even a health nut, I just don't like soda, smoking, tea, or candy that much. Alcohol is OK, but unless someone asks me to have some I forget I even have it.

Maybe its because I'm hopelessly intoxicated on love every moment my SO is around me. Now THAT shit is unhealthy as fuck. Someone help me.

what about tea?

can i have green tea 2 times a day, or will this fuck me up?

It'll pass, stay the course.

R u a grill?

Does green tea have caffeine? how bad do you want it, user?

>bb braincells
>bb liver

and you bitch about the gut??

isn't there an overwhelming amount of literature on the benefits of caffeine too?

I thought green tea was healthy n shieet

I have no idea, I was trolling 100% with benefits that people post about stupid fads. I drink caffine everyday and i'm never gonna stop. Do you Cuckboi

Fuck I know that feeling. Every week I say "I won't drink this weekend" and sure enough the weekend rolls around and I start drinking.

I don't know when it happened but my hangovers went from headaches and nausea to just horrible panic attacks all day long. I need to cut it out completely but I still am drinking around 1 or 2 nights a week usually to blackout.

Tfw I drink alcohol, coffee, and prescription SSRIs and benzos. I also smoke if I'm offered a cigarette.

Is there any hope?

where'd you get that info?

from BIG green tea? don't by the studies that lobbies pay for.

Fuckkkk man 12 days sober here due to a drug test I have coming up for a job I've been wanting to get

>tfw used to get shitfaced like once a month
>army bro came back on leave in August
>ended up getting shit faced every other night with him for a week
>he goes back to base
>meet qt
>end up geting shitfaced with her
>one time a week turns into two times a week and eventually drinking multiple times a week with her and her friends
>decided to do a couple lines and go bowling one night along with drinking
Hey that was awesome
>fast forward another week do the same thing with her and her sister
>end up drinking a bottle of tequila by myself and doing about 6 lines along with numerous key bumps
>get a letter in the mail saying congrats you've been accepted into the apprenticeship program for said job
>time to go sober to get te Coke out of my system no alcohol as well
Alcohol slows down the break down of metabolites of Coke or some shit
>the last time I did Coke was about 11 days ago so I know I'm clean I've been drinking 2 gallons of water everyday and lifting.
>tfw went bowling a few nights ago with qt and her sister.
>tfw they were drinking and I wanted to drink so bad
>tfw can't wait to get fucked up this weekend once I take the drug test
>I think I might have a drinking problem bros

On a good note despite me drinking a lot recently I've still been droping weight

TFW bourbon in coffee every morning

It's the Irish in me I swear.

Yeah that's when my drinking got bad, those impending feeling of doom hangovers are a sure sign you should stop soon.

I apologize, but we're both men

This happens because of changes in brain chemistry, they don't even realize what they're doing

One would think it's just lack of self-discipline and they can snap out of it, but that's not the case, it's an interesting subject

Seems nice. Do you work out and then shag?

Of course you've been, heavy drinking kills muscle mass.

You don't have a drinking problem man. You have a girl problem.Same thing happened to me. drank super heavy when I was seeing this girl who in retrospect I realise is an alcoholic. The whole thing has me off alcohol now.

Yes, bats here, used to be on pills (prescribed skittles for all my issues), lifting definitely helps

Ill lift, and time when I get home to right around when he gets back form work. Shower together and shag.

He's hard to convince to go to the gym, but when he does he always admits he's glad he came. on weekends Ill get him to run with me though

I have a friend that abused opiates for 1.5 years, became a daily user, even used heroin when oxy wasn't available. He just decided one day to stop and quit cold turkey. He got a motel room and kicked it.

Why was he able to stop out of the blue but everyone else has "rewired brain chemistry"?

I thought it was evident from the post, but what I meant was "but that's not always the case"

But I've been making strength gains

Yeah that's what I've been thinking.. Now that I think about it I've been getting a little worried about her always getting fucked up. To be fair her bestfriend is a horrible influence on her.. I think I'm going to talk to her about it.

To all the alcoholics on this thread: I was there, I was getting somewhere tipsy to completely shitfaced every day of the week, and then passing out every weekend.

I was there and now I've been sober for 7 years.

If a piece of shit like me can do it you can also do it.

I love you all.

>no homo

Oh excuse me, I didn't mean to put down your point, although that's exactly what I did. I was more curious as to why he was able to do that? what does that mean for him?

I don't know for sure, but I suggest you read on dopamine and how substances affect it, ie. an abuser goes for their next fix even though they were sure to quit last time, because their memory and planning is impaired it's an interesting and complex subject

He didn't do rehab or anything, he just felt like shit for a month, was depressed for three months but didn't let it keep him from working or anything. and years later, he's leading a normal life.

Is this some kind of anomaly, or do we just not hear about these people because they keep their business to themselves?

Anyone have any experience with cutting out caffeine? Were the withdrawals bad?

I just want to do it for a week

Thank you anonymous internet poster, this gives me hope for my future.

have you noticed that shit is packed with more caffeine then regular coffee? I drink at my house coffee and even the starbucks beans and get a decent amount of caffeine but when you get starbucks straight off the tap that shit gets you wired. Its ridiculous

I don't know exactly how oxycodone compares to heroin, but it could be the environment where he is living (having things somehow in order) and how much he on average dosed and how (snorting, shooting, oral)

If he had been a long time abuser for sure he has ahedonia (incapability to feel pleasure or have motivation to pursue pleasure, effort vs intensity of pleasure) and feeling bad in general for a while, the brain is pretty good at recovering despite

He told me he was using between 60-90mgs a day of oxy (orally or internasal) OR .5 grams of heroin (freebased).

Ahedonia sounds shitty, explains his behavior in that part of his life.

Thanks user. I just worry about the guy falling back into it or something.

yes, and smoking cigarettes because they're good for you. take the nicotinepill

Only complex my nigga

I know things and have experience but still can't say I know all about it, need to be careful when it comes to these things

Could be your friend didn't get too down the hole

Impressive, let's see how I'll do without those.

Dubs say you'll go far.

Smoke cigs everyday.. that's about it. Not a gains goblin r-right..?

smoking is the fucking WORST thing you can do to your body. You would be fucking way better off doing molly and doing lsd and having way more fun

I'm 21 and haven't had caffeine in 3 years other than accidental. Have never had coffee and don't drink soda. I never understand the "i need caffeine" thing because I don't deal with that faggot normie shit.

I have not had a single one of those things in op's image in almost a year and the only one i did have was the sodie pops.

Nope.

oh fuck
I can't remember the last time I had a candy bar or a chocolate chip cookie

dat filename

>LSD
LSD isn't harmful in the least physiologically

Fucking this.

If I told people what I took for prescription they'd look at me like I'm a goddamn freak.

And I have zero biases against cocaine and weed. If they were legal I'd do them at will.

But the same motherfuckers who judge do all that shit in that pic.

Is getting drunk once a week alcoholic-tier?

I used to smoke weed a lot, but I can't really do that any more because of work.

I try to just man up and fucking deal with reality, but I can't do that all day every day. My shitty life hits me the hardest on weekends, when I sit around all day at home alone not working and not doing anything with friends (because I don't have any).

So, I'll usually drink on saturday. Not a lot. Just a beer or two, and a shot or two of vodka.

Th-th-that's not that bad r-r-r-right?

Well you are kind of a piece of shit. Like the human equivalent of trash. May the heroin claim your life and slowly cleanse the gene pool.

You might have alcoholic tendencies that you just need to keep in check. If you're life is in order you wont go flying off the handle or anything.

Yes it is

Naw dude you're full of shit. I have a stepsister who used to be a junkie whore. Ended up stealing like 2,000 bucks from her grandma. I called her out on it and told her she was a piece of shit in front of the entire family(including our little brother who even thought she was a scumbag). After that she magically got her life together. Everyone was pissed at me but they were all just babying her along hoping she would get better. Any semi-intelligent addict is perfectly aware of what they are doing.. they just don't give a shit because they want to get high period beause they are withdrawing.

Whats it gonna take for you to quit? Eventually something is going to break because of that, and you wont be able to fix it.

Yes.
I don't know what an SSRI is, but over a year, I walked away from all of that, save my morning coffee- and special occasion/milestone drinking with a few cigarettes.
It's pretty comfy. I feel like I have balance and control for once. At least about this stuff, anyway.

>he doesn't drink energy drinks before working out
>he doesn't sit back and enjoy chocolate bars and cola while playing vidya
>he doesn't drink coffee while playing vidya to get that focus and reaction time gains
>he doesn't eat cookies to get that nut busting feel
Fucking plebian. Go back to drinking water and eating lettuce.

Nope. And feel free to scour the internet, you won't find any credible source that claims so.

Shit can wreck havoc on your psyche if you abuse it frequently, have a history of mental illness, or are simply emotionally unstable though. But physiologically, nada.