Mental fitness/anxiety

Hi Veeky Forums shall we have a general thread on mental fitness?

I'm developing severe anxiety and i'm desperately looking for help to fix this. Back story:

>be shy teenager
>introvert but still confident in being myself never trying to fit in
>depression and nihilistic
>subsequently always had random friends of "different personalities" than a group
>get to 19 and move to my gf's uni town
>reconnect with old family, move between 5 different places in 2 1/2 years
>develop mad confidence and speaking skills i never knew i had
>at same time anxiety worsens, more optimistic, yet develop anxiety on being dependent on myself and not on parents (or other leading figures in my life) stresses myself.
>over think every thing, which gets in way of motivation and general tasks
>start getting anxiety attacks believing i cant breathe
>start getting shakes
>get colonoscopy because convinced i have intestinal tumor
>shit scared of planes all of a sudden
>scared of being attacked
>scared of our house being robbed and pressure of protecting my gf and pup in rough area

I've heard meditation is very good for calming thoughts, I want to avoid medication, I've been given lorazepam from a friend though.

tl;dr - Help severe anxiety, how to combat?

physical fitness side note; after only doing bw exercises, I benched near my own bodyweight of 70kg (77kg myself) 5 reps, never tested myself before though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9c6qgrJEcw
youtube.com/watch?v=suZo5qJGnm0
youtube.com/watch?v=HuFeSsnjss8
youtube.com/watch?v=MSrlNEk4kgU
youtube.com/watch?v=sKA9gDQwZis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have a low dose xanax script to deal with existential anxiety and to help me sleep.

I'm also employed in a job that forces me to confront death on a daily basis, counter-intuitively it actually helps the existential dead.

how does it hlep, im curious?

I find helping people always makes me feel better

the drugs or the job?

If you truly want to get better, Google "Mindfulness Meditation" and educate yourself.
Treat your brain like a muscle, but instead of working out you meditate to make it stronger.
I'm not some hippy or some idiot, I'm a guy that was in the same state of mind you are in.
I really wanted to fix being overly anxious and start actually living my life so I did my research.
I even tried meme-tier bullshit like nofap, which does help, but only because you believe it will.
I've found that the greatest way to combat the feelings you're describing is to keep a workout regimen and to meditate daily for 20 minutes.

tldr; Don't use medication, fix your mind by meditating and working out.

thank you bro, i will try!

the job

I suppose it forces me to remain objective every second of every minute I'm on the job. No time for thinking about how I myself am going to die when my only thought is figuring out how and why this person in front of me died.

It is a very humbling job and makes you take a step back to appreciate the little things and to be grateful that you're not in their position.

First of all do therapy

Implement a meditation schedule, Download "take 10" from pirate bay, do it, it's only 10 minutes a day.

If you wanna continue I'd reccomend spending $900 on transcendental meditation, I hope you're an adult and have the money.

why so expensive?

>I'm also employed in a job that forces me to confront death on a daily basis

The fuck does your work enolve boi? Picking up body parts from the street after an accident?

Sounds like you have a fucked up job boi!

>anxiety

Another fucking retard who just didn't go outside enough as a kid

Come back when you have a real illness

good post. The only thing I find difficult is forcing myself to do it daily. Takes a lot of discipline

ye that is true, so im trying to undo that. I've been extremely the opposite the past few years, but its not down to that, its down to self worth and satisfaction. Plenty of high confidence and social people with hidden anxiety behind closed doors.

OP LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY. 4 YEARS AGO MY LIFE ESSENTIALLY COLLAPSED DUE TO ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION - IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIGURE HOW TO STOP THE NEVER ENDING BOMBARDMENT OF THOUGHTS

>over think every thing
>get colonoscopy because convinced i have intestinal tumor
>shit scared of planes all of a sudden
>scared of being attacked
>scared of our house being robbed and pressure of protecting my gf and pup in rough area

IF THERE'S PIECE OF ADVICE I WOULD GIVE MYSELF 4 YEARS AGO IT'S:
"START MEDITATING"
IT'S SO FUCKING SIMPLE - I'VE "LOST" 4 YEARS OF MY YOUTH TO ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION (17-21yrs)

I'M DEAD SERIOUS WHEN I SAY THAT MEDITATION IS THE KEY TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT EVERYTHING

Lol, try and say that when you've experienced panic attacks you fucking moron.

tfw daily contemplate about suicide.
keep thinking im not worth it and have no self-confidence. I dont have stuff going for me.

I beg of you - please follow my advice. You really don't want to look back in your youth and think "what the fuck happened the past 4 years?" cause you will achieve fuck all when you're depressed and anxious. Worst case scenario you'll end up killing yourself. Give it 3 years and you'll be suicidal, no joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=g9c6qgrJEcw
youtube.com/watch?v=suZo5qJGnm0
youtube.com/watch?v=HuFeSsnjss8
youtube.com/watch?v=MSrlNEk4kgU
youtube.com/watch?v=sKA9gDQwZis

Please watch these videos - they will explain a lot about why meditating/disconnecting from thoughts are so crucial for mental health.

Read "Learned Optimism" - it'll explain why most people are depressed.

It'll also shows why meditation is crucial for treating long-lasting depression.

When you're depressed you think a lot about the past and it's always negative. You're constantly being bombarded with negative thoughts and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it or alter your mood. This is called ruminating and is definitively a "thinking pattern/habit" so to speak.

Meditation is essentially a "thought-phobic" skill - you learn to not be affected by your thoughts. It sounds really weird but you have to realize that YOU. DO. NOT. CONTROL. YOUR. THOUGHTS.

Don't believe me? Don't think of a pink elephant.
However, you do have control of how react to the thought. Simply learning not to engage thoughts, to leave them be, not to follow them, is what meditation is about. It's about learning that the thought process is an observable process. You don't "think", the brain is constantly thinking for you. Should you believe that you're the one thinking you'll end up killing yourself when you constantly get bombarded with negative thoughts.

> Be me
> 16 yo no fap , no pillow , cold shower retard
> Devellop anxiety from littrealy nowhere , but when i think into it , it might be because of the flat life i had , evryday the same thing ... No vacations because too poor , and ghetto style suburb of a major EU city.
> Start seeing a doctor about this
> Got some medications and pills of relaxation and stabilizing mental disorder.
> Still cant be happy about my shit life
> Summer comes : Start running
> Evry day 1hr , 8 kilometers non stop and sprints in between
>Getting up early at 6am and drinking a shake after workout
> Start lifting and getting gainz

Im 19 , life is better , i still have my mental disorders tho , vision problems and medical anxiety , im pretty social . I go out and stuff , but i think this is going to catch me baad at some point in the near future when ill be sure of imploding of crazyness and die..

I hope it gets better .. i lift and run to cure my >tfw no gf and mental anxiety problems. Life is a bitch it gets better if you make it , but sometimes , you know that your body is not going to take this and you might not live long.

Thanks for reading , ill make it ! Were all gonna make it brahs !

mine developed the same age, currently 21 myself, op here

I suffer from schizophrenia and the anxiety and depression that comes from isolating myself from people and being worried over a lot of things.
Will I make it?

>anxiety issues

30min heavy cardio, six days a week, swear on me mum (lifting is also good but doesn't help with anxiety nearly as much)

be careful about things like xanax since you adapt very quickly to consistent doses, but if you really need it, save it for emergencies like if you're having a panic attack in the middle of the workplace

yeah im deffo not doing my lorezapam at work, i work with heavy machinery in engineering and dont wanna kill someone. but ye i get your point. I dont like the idea of resorting to drugs anyway.

you can mate, I moved out at 19, which is when i became confident but at the same time developed anxiety, meditate, clear your thoughts, and do what you want to do

Thanks man , i really appreciate that . I hope you make it too