Whats wrong with yates rows

whats wrong with yates rows

Do what u want

a non-troll answer on Veeky Forums, pretty rare

There's nothing wrong with them. They are good for traps. The problem is that some people use them to try developing lats, and im that regard it is not such a good exercise.

what if you do them like OP but a bit more leaned?

I do them underhand too and feel them pretty well on my lats
anyways. I also do pull-ups so am I safe with my lats?

They're worse than chest-supported rows

They work the mid back and traps.

Does fuck all for upper back / rhomboids.

Is the main benefit of chest supported rowing to stop leg/hip cheating the movement that you can do when tired/too heavy for cable/barbell rows?

bicep tears

What's wrong with chest supported rows?

Should I be doing barbell rows instead?

With rom like that you'll be using weights close to your deadlift weight in no time. And that's just dangerous.

Absolutely nothing. I've been doing them for years and I can row 150kg for reps now. Also, chinups with 50kg for reps of 5.

nothing, but this is excercise is completely unnecessary if you are A)Natty and have B)less than 3 years of serious lifting experience

Easier to cheat than with a pendlay row

Are you doing greyskull? Post body if you are

You know shit. What if you have weak lower and/or middle traps and want to work them? Weak traps lead to bad posture and bad posture leads to injury so fuck you you meme spouting faggot

>2016
>not doing seal rows

ISHYGDDT

You mean regular bent over rows?

>good for traps
Subtle kek

i feel like i cheat even more on chest-supported rows tho

30 degree bent over rows are good as a replacement for chin ups if you're unable, hits similar muscle groups.

what OP is showing is more like 50 degrees, it hits the mid back and traps a lot more.

One of the "trainers" at the gym I go to told me I was doing pendlay rows wrong, and basically told me to do yates rows to "stretch my back and grow my lats".

Underhand is how Dorian tore his biceps tendon.

cause double overhand has a much lower risk of bicep tear

it's such an odd risk to take when you can get great bicep stimuli from chins and curls

Isn't that why Dorian Yates himself stopped doing suppinated grip Yates rows?

There are two kinds of people doing them badly at your gym: people obviously on gear and people who aren't that look like shit. Should tell you what you need to know.

I find it hard to maintain absolutely strict form with zero momentum from leg/hip drive. I can maintain strict form up until maybe 70-75%. Once I get to 80-85%, the first few reps are fine, then form degrades pretty quickly.

Chest supported rows don't really help with cheating for me either on heavy weight sets.

>Row 150 kg for reps

Lolnope

That's Phrak

Doing them with some shit weight. If you need to yates those 40 kilos, then son, you better fucking start rowing the kosher way and worry about your yates row numbers later. Like five years later.

yeh I guess, I vary my torso angle

sometimes I'm like OP, others I'm a bit more lean and sometimes I like to lean almost paralell

I do pull-ups instead of chin-ups

oh shit how do you even do that? I never feel them in my biceps, I focus my mind on using the elbows to pull back and it does the job

I also don't train strength on them, I like going a bit ligther to do 3x8 with the last reps being hard af

No, and this is not me.

This is.

>judging someone's legs by their calves

could you be anymore of a newfag?

Your chest tattoo is ugly as fuck mate, i still like it tho, aesthetic pleasing in some way

Found the legday skipper.

Life pro-tip: Don't skip legday newdyel.

>squat 210kg x5
>some dyel newshit tells me not to skip legday

neck yourself

Nice pic summerfriend. Didn't mean to trigger you.

Because your legs still look like shit compared to your upper body and no I'm not but seriously you skipped quad day too buddy you must have fell for the strength meme.

I know guys who squat way less that you who still bigger, leaner, and better looking legs than you.

Fucking fags who think big numbers on the bar means you'll look big fuck this meme is getting old

>these /reddit/-tier responces

Are you fucking retarded? My quads are covered by my shorts. Do you have X-ray vision or something?

Wow a perfectly good physique ruined by skipping leg day

And straight dogshit-tier tattoos.

If you don't squat at least 250kg you have no room talk, faggot.

Listen Mr. Tribal Tat, everyone can tell your legs are lacking, even with those shorts so please shut the fuck up.

You're missing other people's point; that your legs might not be small and weak but COMPARED to the overall development/vascularity/musculature of your upper body, your legs look like shit.

yates himself invented yates rows because his back was fucked up and he couldn't do proper rows as a result. there's nothing wrong with doing yates rows if your back is fucked up in the same way yates was.

What's the point of squatting 250kg when you don't train calves. You will always be a dyel walking talking meme to normies.

>250kg

>Can't understand why people think his legs are shit

Woah bros you're right this asshat did fall for the strength meme, as if him squatting X amount of weight means fuck all.

Oh, sorry. I forgot you need tumor quads to look "good" these days.

You're too pure for this board

Post your own bodies, then. I bet you're not only weaker than me, but small as shit, too.

Hey man, I remember you from way back (like 2 years ago iirc) from your ouroboros chest tat. You were already looking pretty swole back then but holy shit, you've gotten even bigger. props to you

don't be mad but i'm going to copy that tat at some point

Holy fuck how thick-headed are you? How many times do people have to explain it to you before you understand?

I'm not even here to talk shit man I think you have a great physique but I see what people are saying. Your legs are small or weak, they're underdeveloped. Lack of definition and striations.

Post pic of legs and prove how ripped/developed they are compared to upper body

I'm not even gonna insult you man great physique

Thanks. Go ahead, Circle shapes on the pec area are pretty standard.

A Supinated grip brings more bicep involvement, endangering the bicep tendon more.

Angularly it varies. If you remain true to Yates' high angle, you will find greater engagement of the upper back. Namely the trapezius as it is the upper back's largest muscle.

As the angle decreases to parallel there is more middle back activation, predominantly the latismus dorsi. The more parallel the torso is to the floor, the greater the demand the body has for the posterior chain to support the back in this motion.

For arguments sake. Removing the angle as a fator, to say that there is an equivalent angle of the torso to the floor and the only variation is the grip. An overhand grip will involve more of the teres, rhomboid, scapula, and lower insertion of the trapezius. A supinated grip will give the bicep an opportunity to aid in the movement, but also put more stress on the bicep tendon. There will be less engagement of the smaller muscles of the upper back and the lower trapezius, as the bicep is taking more of the stimulation.

The question of the medial and upper trapezius versus the latismus dorsi benefiting more from either grip is more dependant on the angle at which the torso is to the floor when performing the compound movement.

Sorry. I don't have any leg pics now, and it's too late to take pics now.

I just wanted to tell the OP Yates rows were good, and look where the thread went.

i don't see why anyone would want to do anything entirely strict.
when are you ever gonna lift something where you only use one muscle group? you're not, and you're just cheating yourself out of higher intensities that you'd be able to reach if you "cheated"

LE EBIN MAYMAY FACE

This retard needs to fucking kill himself

pls squat moar kid

Because i dont want an accesory lift fucking with my squats and diddlies recovery.

Very few exercises especially for accessory work are the be all end all. Do one for a while then switch. If you are a bodybuilder you could do both.