/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>Bb edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q

>prev thred

Other urls found in this thread:

sportchek.ca/categories/men/footwear/training-shoes/weightlifting-shoes/product/nike-romaleos-3-mens-weightlifting-shoes-332215945.html
instagram.com/p/BKUhMCRDJoG/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dead thread
Dead olyboos

Switching to squat jerk hows my technique?

BBer gone PLer here.
Just curious...I tried Overhead squat today after my Oly Iifter buddy told me about them. I thought they would be helpful since my issues lie in staying tight on squats.

So is there a specific barpath or alignment I need to be in to maximize stabilization?

why would some lanky faggot such as yourself think it's a good idea to squat jerk?

This dude is the biggest meme ever

ayo waddup

my toe hurts -___-

are you still doing the Bulgarian meme

Snatched 135kg from the hang

How many days a week do you lads train?

I train six currently. I take Sunday off

LIAR

Four

Y'are training too much. Or too little. I've never met Goldilocks, but I hear she's a coquettish wench.

How do I push past mental blocks? I'm stuck on 43kg snatches right now. I just bail on it when it comes time to squat it down.

first block is always the toughest.

>literally get under a weight you're afraid of and pray you don't snap your shit up

>successfully get the lift done and all of a sudden it's less scary the next attempt.

or watch lu on youtube do it a billion fucking times and grow the balls to do it that way.

Practice

Good work m8. Have you worked on technique your recent videos you look a lot crisper. That 135 was easy not even a deep catch either

Don't worry about it. Keep training, don't just chase numbers. Wait until a good snatch day and go for it. Maybe take a different route to the weight than normal and do 44, the number is probably in your head now

sportchek.ca/categories/men/footwear/training-shoes/weightlifting-shoes/product/nike-romaleos-3-mens-weightlifting-shoes-332215945.html

So I've done weightlifting for 9 months now.

My maxes are

CJ: 90kg
Snatch: 70kg

both with terrible form, the snatch is basically a power snatch.

The CJ is basically a power clean, where I catch the bar way in front, forcing me to hold it in my hands. The jerk is more or less an awkward push press.

My back squat is 140kg if that's any help, I'm 183cm and 84kg.

This seems abnormal, how can I still be this bad?

i lift more than u

you dont have a couch to correct your form, and never post form checks for critiques.

Hey blue shoes can you start using a trip so I can filter you?

my classic lifts are only a little bit less than that and I squat 100, get a coach trust me your lifts will sky rocket

instagram.com/p/BKUhMCRDJoG/

I made sure to turn to show the plates lol

woah we're a bit similar

Started weightlifting in February but going on and off until stopping in June then started seriously again two weeks ago.

CnJ went from 160lbs to 170lbs
Snatch went from 135 to 125lbs

Old stats are from June
New stats are from the last two days

My form is """ok""" meaning I can hit depth

Back squat is 315lbs and I'm 5'10" dyel @184lbs.

I don't have a coach either but what's been okay for me so far is stretching and doing tech EVERYDAY. I even did pseudo-autistic stuff like slightly mimicking cues and motions while watching videos of elites, fixing my posture while shitposting, doing NoPillow, and practicing at least a triple extension almost every time I walked by the tall, wall mirror between my kitchen and living room.

Stay strong fellow poverty bro

That being said, I have a question, /owg/: considering my current lifts and situation (no coach) what's a realistic goal for my classic lifts by the end of the year?

Alignment is similar to front squats.

But as a powerlifter if you are simply improving tightness, you should do front squats instead as even weightlifters kind of think overhead squat is a meme exercise.