antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Books

The Naked Warrior - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/T/Ts/Tsatsouline_Pavel_-_The_naked_warrior.pdf
You Are Your Own Gym - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/L/La/Lauren_Mark_-_You_are_your_own_gym.pdf
Overcoming Gravity
Coach Sommers Mastering GST Series

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Do any of you just do bodyweight shit without actually lifting? I'm going to kick your ass.

Bodyweight training is designed for manlets, no legs and wheelchairs.

Bodyweight training is an ASSISTANCE to a good training program. It should never be done only by itself.

Every thread you guys come in, making big assumptions about posters, their fitness goals, and generally hating on bodyweight, under the pretense that:

>the bodyweight failures end up trying to lift and subsequently ask US stupid questions (wow what a burden)
>just lift if you wanna get big brah
>you're just gonna end up lifting anyways brah

or whatever else you'll manage to come up with. Nobody is telling you that lifting is shit, that lifting is ineffective, or that bodyweight is better than lifting. So why come in here acting like somebody did?

how's training guys? mines pretty shit. can't get enough rest and everything hurts

fuck those pussies man. obviously you have to be some insecure dummy to energetically hate on something you clearly don't understand. my guess is it's some fat guys who can't do a pull up (but somehow every pull up thread has about 300 responses all from guys saying they can do 20 pullups).

Can't seem to go through my plateaus. I'm hitting 150g protein everyday, but failing to hit the 3k cals so that might be it.

Hitting 3x11 pullups, but can't seem to do a muscle up for the life of me. Also trying to get used to pike pushups, they fuck up my elbows.

how do you actually practice frogstands? I can do handstand pushups but I have no clue about how to move forward in frogstand progressions. Do I just try to hold for as long as I can several times and then do the hs-pushups?
why can't yout get enough rest?

>Nobody is telling you that lifting is shit, that lifting is ineffective, or that bodyweight is better than lifting.

Speak for yourself, passing your afternoon in gym rooms with sweaty panthing men sucks ass.

working night shifts

honestly muscle ups are not necessary at all. i don't get the hype about them apart from looking cool

Delete this thread, this is a fitness board, not a cop out board

yeah that sucks. you should probably not train as much i guess

There is no real link between frogstand progression and hand stand push ups. I could do tucked planches to hand stands but basically no handstand push ups.

Muscle-ups aren't a natural transition from pullups. Try doing explosive pullups where you get your chest to the bar instead of just your chin. After that, try to go midsection to bar.
More than anything, work on your explosive power.

Also, if pike pushups fuck up your elbows, chances are your elbows are shit, or you're doing something wrong. Do you elbows hurt doing normal pushups?

Muscle-ups require significant power for the pulling motion. It's a solid exercise.

>working out with your body isn't fitness, guys!
Why do you idiots always invade the BWG's?

So people who come on here for fitness don't buy into this 2nd tier workout cop out meme.

That's her new or her old ass.
Can't tell.

Well you can get fit by it so it isn't a cop out. You wont get HUGE by it.

Why do you assume people have the same fitness goals as you?

My fitness goal is to be athletic as possible and in order to do that, I need to lift weights.

Athletic means nothing - what sport do you want to be good at?

I'm sure it's new, she was very petite prior to going under the knife.

R-r-rollerblading

Im sure if most people were honest about their motivations for fitness they would just say they want to impress people and gain respect.

I don't care about lifting I want to be able to do impressive stuff with my body. It takes much longer but I'd say it's much more satisfying, at least to me.

anyone else working towards full planches? anything allowing b-boy junior esq handstands is good for me!

I was being honest, it's so I can be a better blader. So I can fall with out injury, so I the strength to boost out of a half pipe or jump onto a high ledge rail, so I can spin/flip with more confidence and percision. So I add to the ahsthetic of the trick by being in shape myself.

Iam fat but losing weight ive been dieting and doing some cardio.
Is it better to do bodyweight exercises before doing freeweights?

No not really. You want to be building as much muscle as you can to raise your basa metabolic rate.

I don't see how building huge muscles as is generally the purpose of lifting weights makes you more robust? Being comfortable with your body weight is surely going to make you better when you blade because you only blade with your body?

Naw, I need heavy squats and deadlifts otherwise I can get injured. It's really hard to become greatly robust past athletic without steroids.

Fuck.. I got a manual labor job for the next month and a half. Few days in and my lower back is already tired enough, that practicing handstands or planche is considerably more difficult, not to mention handstand pushups, muscle ups and such.

How do you at least keep your gains when doing something like that? 10 hours a day, 6 days a week on your feet and lifting some light 10-15kg shit constantly.

Should I just cut down on everything else for the first week or so until I've gotten used to the work, then pick it up again?

Been eating like a madman now as well. Although I reckon a month and a half shouldn't be long enough a period to gain any fat, or lose my gains, right?

I don't think you will lose gains I have seen plenty of builders especially plasterers with great forearms and strength once you adapt to it

3x11 is fine and all but just do more pull-ups, weighted ones are also very valuable.
I think if you get to a max of 15 pullups you got the strength for a muscle up.
Also this
I can do many muscle ups but never make them part of a workout.

>caring about whores

I'd say you should focus on exercises that don't make your back hurt while you work since it might be dangerous