/QTDDTOT/

QTDDTOT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XXQuJ2X3_zc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will I make as good gains eating large amounts of protein from non meat sources than if I ate the same amount of protein through lean sources (e.g. meat)? Assuming macros are the same.

My diet only has one meal with lean protein (chicken breast) and i get the rest of my protein from dairy/nuts/whey/eggs. But i'm wondering if this is sub optimal for gains.

Depends, with a varied enough diet you should get total amino acid coverage.

What is better for a bulk, whey concentrate or whey isolate? I always drink my whey with milk, so a lack of lactose is not a problem for me

whichever is cheapest per g of protein desu

Doesn't matter, it's the same protein, isolate just is slightly more pure(the "impurities" are lactose and some milk byproduct) and has a higher protein/gram ratio. Buy whichever is cheaper.

Does the whey brand matter at all?

Anyone tried CarniPro from myprotein? I can't eat Whey proteins and wanted to buy beef proteins from myprotein, since they have good prices. Any review? What are the differences between Whey and Beef?

Why is everyone so gay?

Would it be alright to do couch to 5k/10k if I'm a noob trying to bulk up doing 5x5?

Yes, some of the cheaper (ie. walmart) brands have more filler and less protein than claimed and use poorer quality whey which can lead to digestive issues. Pretty much anything you find in a GNC-type place will be fine though.

Are there any downsides to consuming almost all of my protein needs in form of whey?
>less expensive than chicken
>tastes better
>doesn't go rotten
>no potential bacteria

I guess I'd still eat a chicken breast every other day, just to bring on some variety or a tenderloin filet when I'm in the mood for burning money. But are there any downsites, will I be missing anything from chicken?

Welcome to Veeky Forums

Yes just eat enough to compensate

Is MyProtein a good company to buy whey from? Any other recommendations?

I use MyProtein and I have never had a problem. They performed well too when they last had their protein tested so I trust them.

Anyone have experience with hip flexor pain? I've always had kind of a tight right leg/hip, I do stretches for it but last time I squatted (4 days ago) I was feeling a little extra tight, stretched it out, then squatted. Now for the past 4 days I have a slight pain in my front in the area where my hip connect to my right leg when I raise my right leg up in the air/to my chest, nothing crazy just a little discomfort. Hasn't gone away yet though, any ideas?

If it hurts at any point when you are squatting next stop.

Keep stretching it. Maybe roll it too

Had the same thing on my left leg. May want to try deloading squat a bit and focusing on form. You could have an issue with rising too fast with one leg, or you may be good-morning-ing the weight due to letting your upper back drop too much during the lift, either of these will put extra strain on your hip flexor. Should go away on it's own.

Anyone?

My question is do i need to take a rest day? I'm doing a strength based program, I eat 6 good meals a day,
my supplement list includes: Protein, Creatine, Bcaa's, glutamine, Omega + Multi's.
So if my nutrition, rest and supplementation is sufficient can I just workout everyday?

Whey is considered a complete protein so I can't immediately see why it would be bad.

You'd be drinking a lot of the stuff though to get enough. I'm not sure it is the cheapest source at all.

Can I get a body fat estimate? Asked my aunt who is a nutritionist, but she just looked at me and gave me a number that seems way to low.

Also should I be lifting at this size or lose some weight first?

whats the best thing to eat at burger kings? it all seems to have way too much fat.

25-30%

Get some calipers fatty. >25% by my reckoning

this is what happens when you don't work out legs, kekkle.

I've done my calculations. The cheapest chicken I can get (frozen, imported from brazil), gives me around 15.4g of protein per CHF and ON Whey gives me around 23.2g per CHF. I'm also saving on not having to cook it and I have more space in my freezer for other shit.

How much is minced beef?

It's been almost a year I've started a new job and it's pretty physical (industrial piping or whatever it's called) so I don't have as much energy and time to train as before.
considering I'm training for overall fitness, so size and strength, what my program should focus on?
I'm intermediate btw ( a little more than 1/2/3/4)
tl;dr: should my program focus on strength or hypertrophy in addition to a physical job considering I'm intermediate with few time and energy?

I don't work out anything currently, everything I have I have from throwing hay at work.

Thanks m8s, aunt said 20% which I knew was to low.

Should I start lifting now or lose the weight first?

Karen is a slut.

Also the best time for me to workout is after a long shift at work (before just doesn't work out I've tried it.) What's a good pre workout for an energy boost?

caffeine pills and some food

Right hip flexor hurts while doing ATG squats, is this normal? How can it be prevented or managed?

what bf%?

So i'm going to get fat while bulking too arent I? I loved not having a gut, never done a real bulk before though

Cheapest ground beef I can find online in a discount store is 20g per CHF and it's 15% fat. With all that fat, it wouldn't be an option for me anyways. Lean beef with 5% is around 10g per CHF.

no
rest, stretch, check form, try parallel squat for a while, never train through pain
you won(t get fat but you'll get fatter
a little less than 15%, don't flex it'll be easier to see

If you're natty it's not the best idea. Fatigue accumulation will occur, you'll find it harder and harder to increase weight, you'll plateau, get frustrated, and increase your chances of injury. Instead try doing some light weight training on rest days, nothing that will have you actually straining against weight though.

Are you a beginner? It happened to me when I started and put it off as DOMS. Bad idea, it only got worse. At one point I could barely get in my car. Your hipflexors are tight as fuck from sitting around all day. Roll them out good. Do hip stretches every morning and every night before bed.

Dat gyno

If you bulk slowly enough you won't get fat, but you will almost always lose some definition. That's why you bulk in the winter when it doesn't really matter anyway.

thats ok im a complete DYEL anyway, i just dont like my face looking fatter

Seated OHP vs. standing. Which is better and why? I'm doing a modified SS and want to be sure I'm getting the most out of my lifts.

Noted, thanks guys. It's started after I passed 65kg and I'm now doing 72.5kg 5x5.

Is parallel as bad as people say? Or is that just some misinformation? Either way it might be beneficial in my case

standing requires more stabilizer muscles and so is arguably better in that regard, but I think the difference is probably negligible

>food
But I want to go straight from work.

Should I go to the gym if I'm sick? I don't feel so sore but I'm sneezing a lot and can't focus.

What about my gains.

fuck off nu-male

Seated is going to kill your lower back eventually. Standing is harder and works a shitton of stabilizers.

Raising my arm above my head gives me a tightness feeling in my chest area or rather near the clavicle and shoulder area.

Thus making me loser power and causes my shoulder to feel sore or exhausted when I'm doing OHP or any pressing movement with my arms.

anybody have experienced this?

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Hey guys I've been lifting for almost two months and I'm starting to realise that my fingers in one of my hands is almost like it's not getting proper circulation. Whenever I cross my arms for put my arms above my head or anything with 10 seconds I'm getting tingling fingers (middle and ring) Whats up with that?

Is there any guide to doing one-armed pull-ups safely? I started doing 3 x 5 (each arm) last week and I have wrist pain today. Think I'm doing them wrong.

You need shoulder mobility exercises.
youtube.com/watch?v=XXQuJ2X3_zc

>Be 16 years old skinny fat
>Work out on a regular basis, making really good progress thanks to weight gainer.
>Finally out of dyel mode thanksscoobs.png
>Start working as a busboy at a decent steakhouse
>get free meals at the end of shift
>start taking hamburgers and fries at the end of every shift
>become friends with the sri-lankan cook, he gives me extra fries and dessert.
>start skipping gym, because tired and work.
>Family tells me to stop taking weight gainer because im getting fat theydontwantustomakeit.jpeg
>pickup smoking from one of my co-workers because the job is stressful.
>currently at 5'9 220
>Working out is really hard at this point and i dont know what to do.

What can I do about my shitty genetics /fit?

Don't tell me what to do, faggot.

eat at maintenance, wait it out and go when you're healthy. showing up sick is disrespectful and not productive.

lel

>faggot

says the anime posting nu-male. you'll never make it.

>busboy
>job is stressful
l m a o

I've got a better chance than you. 2D women aren't gains goblins.

Restaurant worker here. First of all get back to working out and you'll make it.

Also if the free food is reliable start using it for your regular meals and stop buying as much normal food. You kill yourself when you add the burger and fries to your regular intake, you can do something about it if its all you eat.

Alternatively you can turn it down lol. Just had some heavy car repairs, enjoying my reduced food budget every day I work.

Feeling discomfort behind my kneecap when I squat over 1plate. Should I rest and leave off squats for a while or deload? PR is 90kg 3x8

I can do the mobility tests just fine though.

doc said I might have TOS which is vascular. but I'm curious what you guys think.

Thanks guys, actually I'm fairly sure it is due to my form, I have a tougher time pushing my right leg outwards than my left during squatting for whatever reason, I've improved but sometimes it's still difficult, I figure that might have something to do with it.

Girl just starting to get into lifting here. Should I do SS or SL? Goal is aesthetics.

I can only do 1 pull up but I want to be able to do more.
wat do Veeky Forums?

Fuark I haven't even seen that anime but Hotaru makes my dick diamonds.

Is having a shot of vodka bad when cutting

Practice pullups, srs. If u have trouble practice doing the negatives & just hanging at the top position, remember to eat well and get rest.

Yes, fuck this
I don't know what to do, i cutted to 64 kg/186 cm and it didn't helped
I'm 17 and full natty xD

It's all about calories in & out famalam if it messes up your cut then yes, if not, no not really. Don't make it a habit tho

>cutted
>helped
>17
>full natty
>xD

My lord
My

Figure out your TDEE first. Work out how many calories you're going to cut by and start with the diet.

Start lifting whenever you like. I'd advise GSLP and don't be too disheartened about stalling since you'll be cutting.

Get some calipers and cut until 15% bf and see where that's got you.

Measure your weight at the same time each day. Don't pay too much attention to the daily fluctuations. Plot a 5 point moving average to gauge your weight loss.

>tear ACL a month ago
>attempting to jog brief distances hurts LCL not ACL
wat

how many cals in a small glass of vodka?

It depends on the product not all is the same, look up nutritional information

natty means no steroids? (xD) i don't use it
i started gym 2 weeks ago
maybe i should check test levels?

I rotate my volume rep scheme for compounds between 5X5@85% and 3X8@75%. 1X5 and 1X8 for deads.

But I have lots of trouble on deads: I just can't seem to get in more than 5 reps if the weight is above 50% of my 1RM. At 50% I can get +10 reps, at 60% I suddenly struggle to get 5 reps almost to the same degree as I do with 85%.

It's like all those "X%of1RM for x reps" charts don't apply to deadlifts in my case. Is this normal or could it be a mental or tehnique thing? Would it be okay to rest and reset a bit at the bottom between reps? Due to my proportions, my deadlift is a bit on the squat-like side.

>running 1 month from ACL tear
>not having surgery
Enjoy that knee in a few years, you'll know what it's like to be 150 years old

probably 70-90

I mean like 10 ft to get across a street or something. I'm an idiot but not completely retarded

Also getting surgery in December or so

1g c2h50h=7 kcal
100 ml has about 250-300 kcal

ok smaller because density of alc %

wrong

Standing is good because you can do cheaty push presses for more volume when you fail. Be strict with yourself on form until you are fatigued though.

Don't be that cunt who gives everyone in the gym a cold.

Could be a nerve impingement, hard to say which nerve but probably in your forearm. Roll your forearms. It could be a problem high up, in which case stretch your shoulders and pecs.

Do GSLP until you aren't weak anymore

Do 1 pull up, then assist yourself to the top and slowly lower yourself down several times. Repeat until you can do more pullups. Practice makes perfect.

Don't run. Listen to your physio.

Probably a bit of both. Figure out where you are weak with the movement and work on that. If weak at the top then practice pulling from elevated pins, or use chains.

Paused deads are good too, RDL's are usful.

You can always just deadlift more too. I had a mate who stalled and started deadlifting every day to break his plateau

What are the exercises I have to do if all I have access to is dumbbells and I want to hit all my muscles?

Creatine while fat, yes or no?

Do a bodyweight routine and add in dumbbell shit. What weight do they go up to?

Are you lifting too? How much are you cutting? How long have you lifted?

Hello Veeky Forums
My weekly schedule had to change and now I can only go to gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Is there a decent workout routine that could work with these days? I can do some sort of workout on Saturdays, but not at gym.

never going to make it. have a hard time believing its impossible to go the gym any other day besides tuesday or thursday

Don't have a gym in my town but been doing bodyweight and cardio every night for a month. Cut calories from ~2600 to ~1100.

They only go up to 9kg, although I could combine the weights to make one dumbbell heavier.

Im a skeleton with absolutely no fitness in the last three years though so its more than enough weight until I get home in 12 weeks and and get heavier stuff.

1.Deadlifts
2. Squats
3. Overhead Press
4. Bench Press
5. Chinups/Pullups/Rows or more than one

This is decent for full body, split them up over the two days or do them all both days, whatevs

I'm trying to lose fat and weight while cutting/lifting, but I'm also a newb. I do fasted lifting (not eating) in the morning before I lift because I've heard it burns more fat. Even though I still get newb gains, will that go away if I continue to do fasted lifting?

Full body on both Tuesdays and Thursdays is your only option to get any decent volume in. You'll probably lose gains.

On sunday if you can do bodyweight stuff hang some hoops somewhere and do gymnast stuff like working towards muscle ups with them and iron crosses and cool shit like that

It's probably not worth it then. HMB is a supplement worth looking at though, I believe it helped me maintain muscle mass during a cut.

Do a bodyweight routine and then add curls and weighted lunges with the dumbbells. Get a pullup bar and somewhere to do dips.

what's your bf%, height, weight and current lifts?

>Do a bodyweight routine and then add curls and weighted lunges with the dumbbells. Get a pullup bar and somewhere to do dips.
Alright ill see what I can do, thanks user

Will i get a heart attack soon if i bulked up almost 10kg in 2 months?

Not even a big belly fat increase to be honest

>HMB is a supplement worth looking at though, I believe it helped me maintain muscle mass during a cut.

Thanks, I'll look into it.