/PLG/ Powerlifting General

Welcome to /plg/

Primarily for the discussion of powerlifting, but discussion of general strength training is also welcome.

>External Link:
powerliftinggeneral.com

Threadly Reminders

>You are welcome to post webms of your lifts at any given time, we are always open to submissions
>You could use more bench volume - no your bench is not impressive
>Don't neglect biceps and calves (maybe)
>If you're under 100, you are a certified twink
>Try Harder
>This is the worst /plg/ ever

If you have any administrative concerns, please contact Fat Retard !!ypBEXJGAhOa. We hope you had a great day, and that tomorrow is also great.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/hrydholm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No video, but am i benching wrong if I feel a heat in my shoulders? It doesn't feel sore, like I'm losing strength, but the best makes it feel as if I'm doing work with my shoulder instead of my chest.

Even with the same form, if I'm not conciously engaging my pecs during the lift will it not fully focus on those muscles?

first for isley is fat but cute

wew

I really like isley and i Hope he gains enough confidence again to Update his yt channel

Some big guy waited for me to finish squatting before he curled in the rack today. Had to visit a different gym.

>WAWTT?

>Have you had anything great to eat recently?

>What are you listening to?
>How is it making you feel?

Mang's back, back again, mang is back, tell a friend

Jesus, that deadlift. I've seen stone loads with less rounding.

>today
Did some work on the rowing machine this morning, followed by some pull ups, light bench and more rows.

Then went sailing in a reasonable breeze so pretty tough.
>eating
had pizza, wasn't bad
>listening
Nothing
>nothing

N A T U R A L
A
T
U
R
A
L

A M E R I C A N
T
H
L
E
T
E

Don't reply to me. Get cirrhosis and die you cunt.

I'm starting Sheiko tomorrow boys, not gonna lie I'm excited. Doing the over 80 template from the site. Moving off 5/3/1 so I'm embracing what I expect to be horrendous DOMS

Tired meme

I've ran it, here's what to expect
>first week your chest becomes super tight like its about to rip. Just do your flies.
>everything else is the same old repetitive grind
>starts feeling easy near the end
>you think you've added so much to your total
>finally max out after 3 fucking months
>hit old maxes
>deadlift actually got worse
>can't do any more
>you sit on the bench rubbing your blown out shoulder

It's not a meme. I genuinely hope you kill yourself.

Lel you won't get any DOMs from sheiko.

Tbh flies are the devil. I recommend removing them altogether, or substuting them for light dumb bell bench.

Flies are the reason I've got such healthy shoulders and chest. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

nah tBh

this

Just do light flies. I solved my pec shit with light flies

Didn't you hear Isley? Trade out your dumbbell flies for thrice daily weighted chin-ups, don't bother controlling the descent if wills just waste your energy, then max out bench press again to stretch the pecs.

YMMV but I've been using 4-6kg dumb bells and it only ever exacerbates my shoulder pain

Also phil SU, you sub them for heavy DB press

Keep at them, use a heavier weight. Are you talking about the shoulder pain from doing them or a shoulder injury in which they aggravate?

>Also phil SU, you sub them for heavy DB press
I dont sub anything for anything.

It says "Chest muscles". I do flies 95% of the time and wide DB bench 5% of the time. Our dumbbells only go to 53kg. Thats not even a heavy 20repper for me.

What annoys me is my local general fitness centre has no equipment needed to train PL, but has Dumbbells up to 65kg, while my powerlifting gym has Dumbbells up to 30kg. I think someone donated a 45kg dumbbell though kek

I kept at them, then i stopped doing them and the pain went away last cycle

It's shoulder pain from doing them

Retract shoulder blades when doing them if you don't?
I had shoulder pain when I began doing them, few months down the line I can do a full range of motion, feel the stretch and I'm pain free. Took like 2 months of doing 150 reps a week, every week.

Lmao I do the flies like I'm doing a bench, retracted, arched and I even have to go slow as hell at the bottom and I'm using 6kg

I know what I'm doing and flies are cancer (for me)

I doubt it, sounds like you're being stupid.

Really, which bit sounds like I'm being stupid?

>I'm not willing to change, I inow my body from doing something once for a few months and never trying again

That's the same reason why I thought I was stronger without a belt once Smh Tbh Senpai

I tried again recently and now my shoulders (or rather the tendons of my pectorals) are killing me when I bench.

I don't believe you're doing it right. You must have some underlying issue. Get a deep tissue massage of something, do some shoulder rehab, sounds like a funds mental issue more than anything.

Or something*
Fundamental *

Is this actually the Spotoshot method 2.0 or am I getting epic memed into blowing out my shoulder?

OR I could do what I do and make a substitution of flies for a similar alternative that serves the same purpose but doesn't cause me pain

I can't believe you're taking the substitution of light DB for DB flies as a problem

You know I switch back extensions for reverse hypers (because I have a reverse hyper) and dips from more tricep extension (because I have nowhere to do dips)

>am I getting epic memed into blowing out my shoulder?
The spotoshot method for naturals is an epic meme:
The only person who got strong doing it is full of drugs.

> days a week of RPE9
>>>mvq

Reverse hypers are similar to back extensions, same with dips to tricep extensions, but dumbbell press and dumbbell flies serve a different purpose. Dumbbell press does not take the chest through its entire range of motion, nor does it stretch out the chest and shoulder muscles.

Are you the same guy that was spamming questions about it yesterday? Why don't you come on whenever that guy's on and just ask him, we don't know shit about some american night time meme.

This is getting expensive, £50 for a slingshot, £50 for a months dosage, when does it end? I just wan an bench.

Ask who? What? I don't know anything about this program and am trying to learn more.

A light dumb bell press can easily take the chest through its entire range of motion and stretch the pectorals out.

nope

>cutting
>lifts getting weaker
>gym performance inconsistent

ravioli ravioli give me the death i deservoli

The dude that came up with it. IIRC this spotoshot thing started because someone asked him about his bench training and people turned it into a meme.

Ew don't post anime near me

Who is this dude. I thought it was a program from eric spoto Tbh.

I legitimately don't understand how Haack's skinny little legs move the fucking weights that he does. His form looks so weird, too. Like a high bar squat

which one do i listen to

i always just do the damn flyes but i really don't feel too much of a stretch from them and they're a little shitty to do with a wingspan like mine

considering DB bench sub

How is he passing tests if he's on juice

IPF is a lolfed

probably by taking test base and tren base daily
literally 4 hour window where he would test positive.

It doesn't matter. Choose whichever, flip a coin.

He does an ebin cycle off

>never peaked for a meet

I'm not sure, but the american trips could tell you. I just remember boardshorts asking the guy, the guy explaining it to him and going caveat emptor, and now there's this meme.

why do americans love doping in tested feds?

What does this mean? Sorry, I dont know a lot about steroids

I have heard stories of basically just paying off officials in IPF to avoid tests. But I dont think that would be happening in Haack's case - he's just a college student isnt he?

There's no point arguing with Isley about whether or not someone is using. Any lifter who is successful training in a way that Isley disapproves of will be assumed automatically to be on gear.

When his preferences for training change, so will his claims about who 'must' be on to be successful with their programs. It happened with Sheiko, it'll happen again as soon as some other bug bites him.

Odd sentiment from him when he also did roids to make up for being a genetic dead end.

isley's done roids? no way, he's too weak

Isley may be a geared lifter now, but he's not a lifter on gear.

>set 5 of 7 of squats
>knees feeling fatigued

>Isley keeps meeting up with GBro
>a known steroid dealer
>isley runs a drug dealers program
>isley has dbol bloat
>Isley got fat to cover it up
>very obvious he is roiding

he literally admits to cycling roids in this thread
>I kept at them, then i stopped doing them and the pain went away last cycle

It also explains why he's having joint issues and his sudden bench progress.

He meant "training cycle"

Are you dense?

5x3 80% squats and some light bench in a few

wish me luck, it's been a shit week lifting wise

Tbh they probably have a lower percentage of roidaroos since they have a thousand lolfeds.

How is there even an argument for steroids?
If one person competes and takes steroids they are at an un fair advantage, so everybody takes steroids, and now you're back at square one. Everyone is on an equal playing field except now the mortality chances are higher.

lol

They kind of improve your performance just a very little bit desu

Compared to the damage that the actual sport performance wreaks on the body when performed at a high level (juiced or not), the risks of steroid use are generally low enough that any argument for banning their usage can also be applied to the sport itself.

Because competitive people will seek out every advantage. I could rewrite your post subbing "eating meat" for "taking steroids" and no part of it would change. They're against the rules, don't use them. Just leave it at that.

Vegan retard

So sheiko 3 day program for over 80s has been deleted from the sheiko forums

Did boris decide the masses aren't worthy of his programs?

You're a bit dim. I'm not vegan.

Dumb vegan
Dumb skeleton

Esmeralda was the best

well maybe at reasonable doses. But what would happen if you draw the line at 500mg of t per week (or whatever)? You'd just end up having the same problem with cheating by people adding larger doses or different compounds. 0 is the only reasonable place to draw the line.

The line is already drawn, it's just ignored because there are people that care more about winning than the spirit of the rules.

>The only person who got strong doing it is full of drugs.
Because people who aren't full of drugs haven't finished the program ever yet.
Alex seems to be making good progress with it.

Spotoshot 2.0 is a program that was made by an imaginary steroid main who took his bench from 405 to 555 in 6 months with it. Strong Alex has been running it for the past couple of months and hasn't maxed yet, but seems to be maxing solid progress. The 3x RPE 8 should be close grip bench, and instead of doing days 1,2,4,5 I know Alex does it 1,2,4,6 (not that it should matter that much).

Alex is on steroids? :0

No, he hasn't finished the program yet. Alex did not come up with spotoshot. Imaginary steroid man did.

Who is imaginary steroid man?

The guy who won the 5 pl8 deadlift race on here. He's a twink with like a 520+ wilks or something crazy.

>implying that's difficult when you're full of drugs

I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying what I know about the program.

You're on drugs and only added like 10kg to your bench despite running a notorious russian roidaroo program, you really shouldn't talk.

Im writing my OWN bench program:

The high intensity RAM Method: (requires Titan ram)

Day 1:
Paused bench 4x5 warm up sets (pyramid)
Paused bench 1x4 top set @ RPE 9

Day 2:
RAM bench 4x5 warm up sets (pyramid)
RAM bench 1x3 top set @ RPE 9

Day 4:
Paused bench 4x5 warm up sets (pyramid)
Paused bench 1x3 top set @ RPE 9

Day 5
RAM bench 4x5 warm up sets (pyramid)
RAM bench 1x2 top set @ RPE 9

Add 2.5kg of your previous weeks weight a session

Deload every 4th week.

Pause is competition length

>a 0 wilks
FTFY

Okay

Any comments on the HIR mentod? (high intensity RAM)

You're missing the only thing that actually matters for a program.

What?

HIRAM is for nut jobs

I posted that before I saw that you had named it. Disregard.

>not even 100 bench reps in a week
Enjoy your no volume gains.

>deloads
Quit being a pussy.

Intensity drives bench

Thank you

holy fuck
instagram.com/hrydholm/

>Thinking you need even that many to make progress
Lol, GDE confirmed

>tfw you'll never get 1000 followers pulling 100 kg and squatting 80 kg because you're a man

You probably can get that much squatting 140-180 and benching 120-140 which both aren't crazy numbers for a man even genetic dead-ends.