I'm done with lifting

Can't wait to quit lifting.
Cancelled my gym membership, sold my home gym, and threw away all of my supplements.

Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

To be honest, the "bodybuilding lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems like the most serious lifters (asides from guys who are legit bodybuilders/fitness models/elite athletes but they represent a very low % of dedicated lifters) are also the people with nothing else going on in their lives.
I know this was true with me, I was biggest and most serious about lifting when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just plucking around all the time, going out, with no real responsibilities.

The most jacked guys I see are baby faced roiders trying to pick up ugly girls in the clubs, and frat boys who have no job and don't give 2 fucs about school so they spend all their time in the gym.
I'll GLADLY go back to being a 200lb 6'3 weakling or a "non-lifter" or whatever derogatory term you guys want to throw at me, but I don't care. I'll be proud. I can eat whatever I want and finally free up my mind to do what's important in life.

To all you kids out there who are getting sucked into the bodybuilding and fitness illusion, try to stop yourself.
So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Bodybuilding's just not worth it.

Cheers.

you think too much about people around you

You'll never make it with that attitude, brah.

>mfw half the threads in the catalog are memes/trolls

ok i´ll bite

coward

wtf dude, casual lifting takes up 3-4 hours a week tops. i dont even know what to make of this

Op you sound so weak minded. It's almost like you made up excuses to not better yourself physically.

I lift because I like seeing progress, and it's good therapy for me. I was abused growing up and I get pent up agression towards people sometimes for no reason. Lifting is just as much as an outlet for that as the bar is an outlet for getting hoes or getting obliterated.
I have great social skills, a good future planned for myself and even though I fail every now and then I know the gym and my work ethic will remain constant.

So whatever made you bitch out and feel like you needed to come here and share this nonsense, it's probably just in your head.

Try not to use words like intellect too. That context just reinforces the fact that you may be an airhead.

Inb4 massive shitposting

>tl;dr: I don't enjoy lifting therefore it's stupid

This is stale pasta

seems like you're living life in extremes
why do you have to go all out bodybuilding or sell your home gym and throw away supplements

you know you could keep the home gym, invest about 3 hours a week doing a lift here and there to promote bone health, joint strength, dopamine, good sleep and a variety of other benefits.
you can acquire other hobbies, engage in an active social life, work 40 hours a week and still get some fitness in
sure you won't be a bulked up freak but you will look healthy, perform well athletically and be comfortable with your body
sure it's not necessary, but is anything?
it's your call, but constantly going to the extreme is not a healthy way to live
take the middle path
I work-out a bit here and there and still get a lot of compliments on my body and people ask for advice and I feel great!

carry on though bro

>Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
>Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Are you a greater intellectual than Socrates?

I lift to because you feel great after, kills time without wasting time, nobody fucks with built people, if your lifting responsibly and are natty it's healthy, it helps with confidence and helped me make more friends. You can quit if you want and turn lanky or fat, but don't try and tell other people to quit or try to convince them it's not worth it, it changed my life.

>nobody fucks with built people
>if your lifting responsibly and are natty it's healthy

Natties don't look like they lift though

Nah, you're just a weak bitch

I think bodybuilding is stupid, but exercising including weightlifting is not.
If you don't go overboard, diet and exercise is great at making you feel good and look good and it also makes you healthier and your mind sharper.

Wearing a tight shirt so muscles are clearly seen gets the message across.

>implying it's all or nothing
You are just too immature to maintain balance. No matter what you do or don't do, you will be deeply unfulfilled, senpaitachi.

Socrates was kind of a dolt although very good at being a dolt. He was the master of
>implying
And
>>assumptions
Attack his assumptions and his arguments fall on their boy raping faces

>áll the retards in this thread replying to this pasta

It's not pasta you newfag

You dont have to be a bodybuilder, you know
Just go to the gym if that makes you happy, if doesnt make a Sport, just to be a couvh potato

its just a hobby, yo. you took it too serious. people do all sorts of pointless shit like playing video games, and watching sports, at least body building gives people confidence, and makes them feel good. i personally lift because i box.

>if your lifting responsibly and are natty it's healthy
Tell that to every natty that lifted responsibly and took a one-way trip to snap city. They thought the same.

Hey Faggots,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

RIP ;_;

Example?

All the supplements and dieting required takes up tons of time, energy, and money and it's a non-stop job to be fit. It's not just lifting for an hour a day and that's it.

Want to know how I know you look average?

Eventually this pic will be so pixelated from reposts that we wont know what john really looked like. Just like a pebble or river bed, eroded with time :(

>he actually didn't make it

You could have given the supplements to me

aka look like a douche

faggot

Just strength train like an actual man you fucking queer.

t.fat powerlifter

>have and maintain decent facial aesthetics
do you mean like through plastic surgery or something?

Either way you're going to spend that same amount of time if you want to eat healthy (which will easily be gained back due to longer lifespan).

Money is just an object too bro. I spend less money lifting than if I was doing some other costly endevour, i.e. collecting guitars, or having a new car.

I spend like 6 hours a week in a the gym, and the time to eat is actually the same as before really. Knowing exactly what to eat everyday makes the process rather quick. I eat ~3200 calories a day.

I don't really diet. I'm just conscious of what I eat, but I still eat like shit. I lift for less that 3.5 hours a week and have decent gains for someone who's not watching their diet.

I've been active my whole life so that probably helps.

I also run and play soccer and golf so I'm active regardless.

No supplements, hardly a good diet. I just took a week off. Still look good with my shirt off.

it's pasta

good for you.

i lift because it is a form of meditation for me. and it helps form a mind-body connection.