Well which is it Veeky Forums?

well which is it Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqEWLvtZJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bench

The last one I hit was 1pl8 overhead. Idk, now I do all of them for reps so I can't really remember

Squat most likely.

did you start skelly or fat? because I started fat and got bench (5rep) almost immediately, then OHP shortly after but squat and DL took a while (almost simultaneosly though)

So if my OHP was with dumbbells only each 33lbs , how much should I try to lift with a barbell? 66lbs or can I go higher?

also no gf still

have 1.5pl8 OHP
2.5pl8 Bench
3pl8 Squat and still cant get 4 pl8 Diddy :(

you should probably try that for yourself senpai

Skelly, and I got squat and deadlift pretty quick from playing sports in highschool, but upper body took a lot longer.

How would you rate someone who has a x5 on all these lifts (and 1x gf) ?
Evenly developed? Medium strong ?

what is the staple weight for power cleans?

past beginner stage

Well, that is something I guess.
I've been training for a few months now so that should be correct.

>Evenly developed?
Yep.
>Medium strong ?
1/2/3/4 is strong for normies for sure. Most of Veeky Forums haven't hit it (there was a poll)

idk but ohp is definately easiest,
hit that shit for 5 reps before i could do any of the others for 1

I got to 1gf after 1pl8 OHP but before 2/3/4. I think around the time I got a gf I was benching 1.5pl8, squatting 2, and deadlifting 2.5

Dno haven't lifted just lurking and already have a gf

Probably more, maybe 75 or 80lbs. I think barbell is easier to because both arms are working together and you don't have to stabilize as much. Try it and see

OHP is known to be the hardes lift to reach a higher level. Its your weakest lift of them all dont lie bro :p

4 plate deadlift. I just got to 3 plates

Same.

I feel like I might hit 3pl8 squat next, but they're all pretty far away it seems.

185lb BP
265lb Squat
335bl DL

(all for 5 reps)

4pl8 deadlift is way out of reach for me. Everything else is achieved / close.

Same, I have gone plenty past 1/2/3, but I can't get the 4 plate deadlift for the life of me. I've only ever been able to get 385x1, it's so disproportionate compared to my other lifts.

I just got 1pl8 OHP for reps today. Bench is still 210 but I hit my first mark

Squat or diddly

Anything else, and you're a faggot.

I'm at:

OHP: 135 5x1 (Had to kip a little on the 5th rep)
Bench: 185 5x1
Deadlift: 385 1x1. I can lift it with 80% energy exertion, but as soon as I put on 405 no matter how hard I try I just can't fucking move it.
C&J: 155

>tfw bench is so far behind I might as well quit

are those 1RM of for reps?

Probably depends on the person. I'm a pretty long way off all of them but I'm probably closest to OHP.

my upper body lifts are so much behind my lower back lifts its not even funny

My current stats are:
dl 1x5 170kg, 1RM 200kg
squat 5x5 155kg
bench 5x5 80kg
OHP 5x5 55kg

I am a fatty so my legs are big, but nothing in the upper body except fat

Looks like you've got some instability somewhere about mid chest physiologically.

Work on that shit mayne.

What's your Squat?

>tfw no gf

4 plate dead is the hardest -> OHP 1 plate -> 2 plate bench -> 3 plate squat

/thread

Nice job m80, you've got a lot of room to grow in the strength department if you made it to 1234x5 so quick

whoops forgot squat.

3pl8 for 1. been neglecting to focus more up upper body so it's prolly been deloaded to 2.5.

I can flat bench 70 DBs for 5x5. I also haven't attempted to bench with a real barbell in a while because my derpy gym at the hopsital I work at only has DBs and a smith machine.

I sneak onto my old college campus gym for OLYs once a week.

Do DB Press, run a program, do something. Dont bitch out

Assuming you train them all evenly and are a normal guy, it's probably:

4 plate deadlift > 2 plate bench > 3 plate squat > 1 plate OHP

But it also depends on bodyweight. Fats have less distance for the bar to travel on bench, and they also seem to get a little more rebound in the squat, whilst finding it much harder to get into a good position for the deadlift. So for them it may be:

4 plate deadlift > 1 plate OHP > 3 plate squat = 2 plate bench

Skellies on the other hand usually end up going deeper on squats (less mass around joints = more range of motion), whilst also finding it easier to get into a decent deadlift position with an extended spine. So for them it may be:

3 plate squat > 2 plate bench > 4 plate deadlift = 1 plate OHP

There's also other considerations like form, since skellies can get mega arches on bench etc. So outside of programming, your form and bodyweight are going to determine which are the easiest to reach first.

see .

Obv not ACTUALLY going to bitch out lol. I'm alomst at 1/2/3/4 at 8 months. (had a 3 month injury recovery)

I played lacrosse in HS and some in college so I wasn't totally a DYEL when I started lifting for srs.

Currently running a modified coolcicada PPLxOxx w/ OLY on O

congrats bro me too earlier today

typically 5rm

>4 plate deadlift > 2 plate bench > 3 plate squat > 1 plate OHP

May as well add to this how I decided on these. What are the starting weights for sets of 5 for a normal weight guy who's never been in the gym before? From 8 years of watching new guys all the time, probably around:

185-225lbs deadlift, 135-185lbs squat, 110-135lbs bench, and a 65-85lbs OHP.

Most of the progress on novice programs are done with 5lbs jumps. You can make a few 10lbs jumps on squat/deadlift to start and use some 2.5lbs jumps to get all you can out of OHP and bench, but 5lbs is the average. So to get the respective 1/2/3/4 plate goals, that's:

36 jumps for DL, 26 for squat, 18 for bench, 10 for OHP. So maybe the order is actually:

DL > Squat > Bench > OHP, depending on how well your upper body responds to 5lbs jumps (for some people they need smaller jumps much earlier than these milestones).

Thanks, I hadn't trained for years but i'm really starting to enjoy it again. I wish you good progress as well.

>Started from complete fat fuck with atrophy mode due to 5 years of alcoholism and 3 months of crash dieting (lost about 15kg.)
>Took me 6 months to hit 1/2/3/3.5 for 1RM.
>Another month to hit 1/2/3 for reps and 1RM 4plt dead.
>Weight went from 105kg to 100kg, so an overall deficit of about 200kcal per day.
>Put on about 5kg of muscle plus another kilo or two of water/glycogen/bone etc.
>BF from about 30% to about 25%.
>Didn't lift for about 3 weeks during those 7 months due to work related travel and illness.
>I virtually look the same as before I started lifting. Other people have noticed a difference, but I look the same in the mirror.
>I feel tons better.

Nobody probably gives a shit, but some observations some even greener dyel might find useful:
>Don't ever push-press when you're supposed to OHP, it's not the same and you will stall.
>I found incline bench, side laterals, lat-pulldowns, dumbbell/cable rows, glute bridges and front-squats immensely helpful.
>Squats and deads are 50% mental. One time I was struggling with a plateau of 120kg on DL. I just couldn't progress beyond 3 reps. I asked for a form check from an experienced guy and he kept asking me for one more rep to make sure my form is okay - I pulled 9 reps without even noticing until he told me. After that I made it 160kg without a hitch.
>8-12 rep ranges on compounds worked much better for me than 4-6, my progress increased by 10-20% after I made the switch. Maybe it had something to do with mounting burn-out since I made the switch within the last two months.
>90g of protein wasn't enough to optimally recover, at 120g I started feeling and progressing much better, 140g might have given me a slight edge but 150g or beyond didn't provide any benefit. So 2g/kg of lean mass is probably enough.
>As a raw beginner you can definitely progress on a reasonable deficit, just prepare to up your lifts a bit slower. Soon after 7months though the progress became slow on a deficit.

Can someone explain to me like if I were 5 years old?

How much does a plate weight?
1 plate is total or in each side?
I am dumb and can't into Veeky Forums lingo

1plt = one 20kg/45lbs plate on each side. The two are not the same 20kg is 44lbs, but it's close enough for people to ignore that.
+ you always add the weight of the bar
>inb4 50 he-counts-the-bar meme posts.
the bar usually weighs 20kg/45lbs.

1plt = 20kg bar + 2x20kg plates (one on each side) = 60kg.
2plt = 20kg bar + 2x2x20kg plates (two per side, hence "2plt.)" = 100kg.
etc.

>Can do front squats easily due to great forward shoulder development
>Back squats are a painful bitch.

A pl8 is 2 45 pound weights, right?

For me I'd say two plate bench.

I'm garbage at bench.

I'm well on my way to the rest of those though. All except the gf of course.

squat and deadlift, because of my fucking shitty knees and hips
i don't like lifting that heavier too, i ohp 0,75pl8 for 12 reps and bench 2pl8 for 6 or 7 reps, squat 2pl8 too and deadlift 2pl8 for a fuckload of reps

I had lots of trouble with regular squats, too. My adductor ligaments would hurt so bad that I was scared a couple times that I got a hernia. The pain was non-stop.
I took some weight off, narrowed my stance (so narrow that ankle mobility became a limiting factor but I put 2.5kg plates under my heels to combat that) and started squatting ATG after a one week break to let the pain subside.
Afterwards I didn't have any pain and widening my stance back up to a point where I don't need the plates was no problem either.
I guess my ligaments needed some time to catch up.

>4 pl8 deadlift

Because that's the most weight right?

In all seriousness though I hit OHP first then Bench then Squat. I'm at 370 deadlift for reps. I don't do maxes until I'm really close and I know I can do it without struggling with uglyass form. In fact I hit 1pl8 OHP before I even hit 2pl8 squat because I was doing handsprings so I sort of had handstand strength already

stop with heavy legs workout because you'll look like a t-rex when you lose weight, focus on your weak parts, reach 100kg bench and stick to it until you can do 10 reps for 3 sets, and aim for 12 reps on ohp, i did that and i'm really happy with where i am now

My 1 rep maxes

>OHP
45kg
>Bench
80kg
>Squat
100kg
>Deadlift
140kg

Started lifting about 6 months ago, I have friends who have just started that are already doing more than me, I've been eating at a 500kcal deficit and have lost about 35lbs, gaining strength while cutting for extended periods is a nightmare.

Serious question by the way.

all of them but the last and first one

this 1,2,3,4 is a fucking arbitrary bullshit it makes absolutely no sense 1pl8 press should be a goal
a simple minded retard made this goal apparently

Every one of those are relatively easy first year goals if you lift like you actually mean it. Which is the hardest is just going to depend on your proportions.

Fuck you. All you needed was to look two posts above you () and you would have found the answer, google would have sufficed too.

It's not supposed to be some kind of scientific optimum for determining anything. It's just a simple and quantifiable goal that almost every newbie can reach within the first year. People work better when they have a concrete and easily quantifiable goal.

Virtually anyone who reaches 1/2/3/4 is strong by normie standards and doesn't look bad (unless they're a fatty or a supreme lanklet.)

when you talk about that do you guys mean for 1 repetition only?

i never payed much attention to it but yesterday i managed to hit 2pl8 bench for 3 reps and i dont think it was hard at all
been lifting again for only 4 months and and havent eaten more than 1.5k calories a day since

my squat and didly are still pathetic as fuark tho cant lie

squat IMO but i have shit legs

>2pl8 bench for 3 reps
>lifted for only 4 months
>haven't eaten more than 1.5k calories a day
You are aware that people on this board are very well atuned to what is possible. On 1.500kcal, the only way you hit a 2plt triple in 4 months is if you're a complete fucking manlet or a supreme fatso.

Manlett, 68kg

OHP
>75kg
Press
>115KG
Squat
>145KG
DL
>175KG
GF
>N/A

Different people find different lifts harder than others.

A guy with long arms is going to find bench much harder than a guy with normal proportions - probably press as well. But deadlifts will be a lot easier for him.

People with relatively short legs find squats and deads much easier.

People with shorter arms will have better leverages for pressing movements.

i lifted before and was pretty decent, been doing 1pl8 for reps for sometime so i dont think its that weird, i wont say i'm not a manlet though(168 cm)

as i said my didly and squat are very bad still

OHP: 135 and still going
Bench: Stalled at 170
Squat: 235 and still going (But I don't give a fuck about squats)
Deadlift: Stalled at 305 (Feel like my abs are giving out. Ordering a belt)
GF Status: Working on. LMAO1STBASE.

I would trade all this for 2 plate bench. I feel like a pussy.

>168 cm
Yeah, that explains it. What's your TDEE?

For me personally 3 plate squat. Trained for years and on and off focused on squat and still have issues with it. Long legs make it pretty rough.

But Im over 2 plate bench, close to 4 plate dead and can ohp a bit over a plate (shoulder pain makes it hard to push it further).

you are the most recent replier.

can you tlel me how much a plate is?

I have heard various sources, some saying a plate is 75 lb, some saying it's 45 lb.

which is it?

My problem is upper body.

Everytime I try to squat the bar. My mobility leaves me feeling like I'm trying to press the fucking back through the back of my damn neck.

and Ronnie Coleman not squatting his "Light Weight" properly taught me a lesson on fucking around with that nonesense.

No clue how I'm going to fix that, but front squats seem fine. So I might just stick with those.

around 2.7~ i havent really counted much, when i began i was pretty fat and my main objective was to drop weight so i just hopped on that dere 1.5k with over 150g of protein.
been making small adjustments and lowering carb a bit to keep it rolling, i will take clenb to lose the last 6kilos and then start a slow bulk i think

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqEWLvtZJw
This might help, sounds like you're falling forward or not bracing properly.

OHP: 100
Bench: 132
Squat: 132
Diddly: 176
GF: 2 + 1 fuckbuddy

Started lifting in februrary, got sick 2 times and couldn't train for about 3/4 of a month since then.

6 feet tall at 185lbs

1 pl8 is bar +1 plate on each side, so 20+40*1(number of plates on each side)

kg or lbs? so we know whether you're lying or weak as fuck.

20+40*1kg or 45+90*1 lbs

>Back through the Back

BAR. Through the back of my neck.

what are you trying to say mate? I know that you are supposed to count the bar.
Can you just tell me how much an individual plate weighs?

The same as the sperm deposits in your moms fat-folds, so about 65lbs.

Depends on your proportions. I have long limbs so 2 pl8 bench was last for me and I hit a 4 pl8 deadlift in like 3 months just from my long ass legs

Just started actually going to a gym recently, I can 1rm bench now, it didn't take me long to 5rm the ohp, just need to work on squat and deadlift.

Sorry I'm a mentalet.

w e w

triggered much?

all I did was ask you to type coherently

would someone else be so kind to tell me whether a plate is 45 or 75 pounds? the individual plate itself

weak as fuck, I guess?

I'm a nerd, in my 30s and didn't do any sports till start of this year.

Bench is hardest for me:
OHP: 50kg 3x5
Bench: 75kg 3x5 :(((((
Squat: 120kg 3x5
DL: 155kg 3x5
GF: 4 that I currently sleep with
Want to get to 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 and it's the bench that's lagging.

They're in order
Easy, to hardest in my opinion.

40kg ohp
80kg bench
120kg squat
160kg dead

20kg or 45lbs

>Put on about 5kg of muscle plus another kilo or two of water/glycogen/bone etc.
tfw no bone gains

How much is a pl8 in kg? 20? So 2pl8 is 60kg?

ty m8.
I feel proud now. I am on a pl8 deadlift. 45 per side.
i only recently started, that's why it's not much.

follow up question. is this a Veeky Forums thing or not? will people look at me if I'm retarded if I say "squat 3 plates" to them? is it revealing my power level? I don't know many fit people IRL

Nah cause pl8 refers to 1 20kg plate on each sode of the 20kg bar. So 1pl8 = 60kg, 2 = 100, 3 = 140, 4 = 180 - which are roughly good post-beginner weights for ohp, bench, squat, dl.

Note that there's a fair bit of stupid trolling about this but what I post is correct, you can look it up.

>tfw I already had a gf before I started lifting

Not sure if it's a Veeky Forums thing but most gym-goers don't know 'plates'. Just say the actual kg or lbs, or say 'I put 3 of the big plates on each side of the bar'

Well, the bone part was probably around 100g at most. Everyone who lifts makes bone gains.

>nerd
>juggling two gfs and a fuck bunny

Talking about weight in plates is not a Veeky Forums thing. Any serious lifter would be familiar with it. It sounds like you've been talking to retards and DYEL's

yeah but I figured if I managed to at some point make friends who are also into this stuff

So far it looks like squat will be harder. You can get an uggo gf easily but there is no easier iron to lift.

I hit 1pl8 OHP last week.
Bench is at 210x5. Going to reach 2pl8 second I think.
Squat is at 275x5. Probably going to get to 3pl8 third.
Deadlift is fucked. I'm at 325x5, so I just past 3pl8. But I've been making gains faster recently after doing more RDLs and adjusting my technique, so who knows?

Deads for me. My ohp is retarded good. 2pl8 bench wasn't bad. 3pl8 squat I'm really REALLY close. But my deads are suffering