Exogenous ketones, helpful for ketosis or BS?

Exogenous ketones, helpful for ketosis or BS?

I'm doing good on a ketogenic diet, lost about 20lbs so far. I have heard that exogenous ketones can help with getting into/staying in ketosis, but I've heard others say it is snake oil Dr. Oz shit. Anyone here have opinions on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/raspberry-ketone/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would want ketosis in the first place? What could you possibly gain from a dangerously lowered blood pH normally associated with diabetes? Why do you want to risk damage to every component of your body that blood affects(all of it)

If you're dumb enough to be on a ketogenic diet without a compelling medical reason you deserve whatever snake oil they're selling to people like you these days.

Oh, and there is no evidence that they help humans with weight loss.

examine.com/supplements/raspberry-ketone/

Avoid the snake oil.

Your body produces specific ketones from fat. Swallowing a pill isn't going to affect that at all. Save your money, user.

A ketogenic diet offers no benefit in terms of weight loss over a regular caloric deficit, but for people who struggle to otherwise eat at a caloric deficit it is useful.

Ketogenic diets in the short term aren't a big deal. No study has been done on long term effects though.

>no studies have been done on long term effects
>in the long term, short term is fine
Yes ketards are THIS stupid

>people who struggle to otherwise eat at a caloric deficit it is useful.
This is me, I gotta go cold turkey on carbs. Depression and stress make it too easy to slip up.

The reality is, most people aren't able to maintain a ketogenic diet for long periods of time. The brain prefers glucose and there's a shit ton of sources to get it from.

Especially patients who are on the diet as part of medical treatment.

Going on a ketogenic diet for a few weeks to lose weight is the entire reason our bodies go through ketosis in the first place. However, we have no data for people maintaining that diet for years at a time.

>Going on a ketogenic diet for a few weeks to lose weight is the entire reason our bodies go through ketosis in the first place

Who told you that?

exogenous ketones are snake oil, please do not do ketosis to lose weight because it doesn't teach you the discipline/basic knowledge required to maintain your new low weight even if it works to shed pounds short term. long term ketosis is bad also

Short term crash diets and fatloss will help people keep the pounds off and stay from being morbidly obese.

They might gain some weight back but they'll not be the horror shows they are now.

please stop pretending like you know what you're talking about

I'm on a keto diet and losing more weight doing the same deficit as past non-keto diets.
I use the same calorie log and weigh food without specific nutrition facts.
Care to explain?

dude are you going to cite facts or just run your mouth?

>inb4 I asked YOU for facts

show me the studies where keto is as bad as you say

How long have you been on the diet?

Keto induces a loss of water weight at the beginning due to glycogen depletion. So you'll drop more to start with but it'll come back the moment you reintroduce carbs.

Lets get something out of the way right now

Average people were split into three groups and put on a diiet that was 1000 over their bmr in a study.

Those three groups were

Mostly carbs and an equal amount of protein and fat
Mostly fat and an equal amount of protein and carbs
Mostly protein and an equal amount of carbs and fat

Guess which group lost weight and gained muscle
Guess which group gained the most fat
Guess which group maintained and dropped fat.

Two weeks, the initial weight loss drop was similar to all my other diets. I normally loss 4-5 lbs the first two weeks I start a diet. I've lost 8 this time. Would an 4lb depletion be standard?

I don't fucking know dog, why don't you just tell us instead of waiting for someone to question you?

It varies a lot but 4lbs isn't an unusual amount to lose from it.

Let's set the record straight right now.

There were 10 groups of 5 people and each of them was given 4 plates of food.

Each plate of food had poly, mono, or saturated fats.

Each plate of food also had greens and sardines.

Guess which group fingered your mom

I was waiting for intelligent guesses based on their understanding of diet but...

Protein group actually lost weight from what I remember they also put on a lot of muscle as well
Carb group put on the most total fat
The fat group maintained but then went over slightly

I have to go find the study and I might be misremembering it.
But that's basically what happened.

I can believe that, but are you saying being in ketosis doesn't burn more fat than not being in ketosis than?

It doesn't burn any more body fat than not being in ketosis. There's no metabolic advantage to it for fat loss.

How can this be when you're literally getting fuel directly from fat?

Honestly I fucking love ketosis, just because I can more accurately view my weight. Otherwise i'm carrying around like 10+ lbs of water weight and then after a while its a pain in the ass to tell if i'm losing weight or not.

What did keto ever do to Veeky Forums to be so hated?