Adhd/depression/anxiety/ocd/ptsd/whatever

adhd/depression/anxiety/ocd/ptsd/whatever

mental health general

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These are a crutch. They work to an extent, but do you want to be dependent on them? A better solution is change your environment / lifestyle for an overarching fix.

Borderline pd, avoidant

the same goes for diabetics. do you REALLY want to be dependent on insulin? why not just go for a walk

How do I get my doc to prescribe me addy?

no light in my life, though sleeps the closest I'll get to peace from my unhappiness for now.
how did i wind up so lost?

tfw no gf ._.

Depression is hitting me brehs, it's not good. Some days are easier some hit harder. I've heard of Saint John's Wort but i don't think theres enough info on it.
Thinking of just going to a therapist, should i go to a therapist or a psych?
I just wish I had a good friend to help, my best friend is a chick who is my oneitis. Talked to her about muh feelings and she only wants to be friends.
Fucking sucks bros

Take a cold shower and flex your ass a bit.

ibs

Yeah. This stupid fucking mindset kept me from getting the help that would allow me to get my life to a better place. This is not an original or maverick opinion you're spouting, it's shared by the vast majority of people.

>It's all in ur head, bro! Just focus and u wont be add! Just be urself, bro. Think positive and u wont be depressed nemore! :^)

(1/2)

I take 20 mg XR of adderal a day. At this point, I would definitely I'm dependent on it's beneficial aspects.

it's different for everyone. I have severe ADD(and i mean the legitimate kind) so what it does for me might be very different for everyone else.

Usually, in the first phases of the drug, I feel like taking a nap. The reason for this is because stimulants(caffeine, nicotine, processed sugars etc) actually correct the chemical imbalance in my brain and regulate it, making me feel calm and less irritable.

-During the entire duration of the drug, focus is easier to maintain, but still just as difficult to begin. If you don't have discipline, it won't really work like you think.

-As well as focus, I did notice some gain in social confidence from it. oddly enough however, as i continue to take it, this effect has been completely reversed. now, it pretty much kills my personality. I'm known as a pretty funny, outgoing, friendly guy. Adderal relaxes me too much

clean your fucking shoes you mongrel

and as a result I just kind of meld into the background of whatever social environment I'm in.

-Loss of appetite. personally, this really fucked my ability to stay disciplined on a diet. Any time you're on it, you don't really feel like you have to eat at all. When you're off it, you forget how to resist the urge to give in to hunger. It's destroyed my self-discipline.

-general productivity is much higher. as a result of my ADD, I'm not good at managing the minutiae of life(remembering appointments, starting new habits, filing paperwork and turning it in on time, finances). I'm also naturally kind of impulsive. With adderal, I'm completely honed in on all of these things. This is, without a doubt, my favorite aspect of the drug.

-creativity is decreased. without adderal, my mind is constantly grappling with ideas, opinions, and memories. this can be very helpful in creative pursuits. In fact, if I know I have a creative essay, I will purposefully not take anything because I write much worse on it.

fuck, forgot to number my posts. lmao anyway yeah it's wearing off rn but I can tell it's still there because of how difficult it is to write smoothly.

In conclusion: I wish I didn't have to take it. in fact, I'm really sick of having no personality anymore. every now and then(like when I forget to take it in the morning), I catch glimpses of my unmedicated self, and I miss it. having severe add is hard, but I don't think losing my personality is worth it anymore.

>I need a drug to fix my life for me
Confirmed for being weak.

they're awesome. just make sure you don't take too many in a time period to become addicted. 20mg xr script here. i take maybe 5 in one week during finals but outside of that 1 maybe 2 in a week. out of semester i go weeks without it.

I have tremendous problems with focusing. When I used to try to pay attention in class my head was almost shut down and i'd struggle to stay awake.

When I'm at work I have trouble paying attention to people even when i'm being spoken to directly. Not trying to be rude to them, but I just can't keep on one topic at a time.

My grades were always shit in school, I never did homework, never studied for tests, and I have always found it near impossible to motivate myself to do anything other then existing.

When I get home from work I'm an irritable fucking cunt and the only thing I can do is sit down and try to chill myself out and cool down. I can put on the face at work and fake it all day, but it really takes the fucking good out of me.

My anxiety is through the roof because I always know that I will forgot some small detail or fuck something up that seems like it should have been so obvious. Just knowing that everything I try to do will be a failure destroys me and puts me on edge all the time.

I've been taking prozac and ativan for anxiety but my head is still fucked up and full of brain fog.

My question is, what are the chances that ADHD is the core issue here?

Has anybody tried St. John's Wort?

Oh man I remember when I had to rely on drugs for basic functions.

Protip you don't need drugs to get stuff done. Try working hard and planning things.

>b-but muh free time, muh weekend drinking, muh binge watching, muh vidya games, muh liftin

try making some sacrifices and you'll see how well things work out

Guys I have a pretty big outing this Saturday night with some friends. I, much as you might be able to imagine, am somewhat of an autist. I have terrible anxiety around people I don't know, and I need some shit to calm the nerves.

Anyone have any good OTC meds I can take, like herbs? Just trying to kill the anxiety on the way out.

just smoke weed or drink lol.

I'm also p autistic and when I listen to recordings of myself I actually cringe at how autistic and uninteresting I sound and how bad I am with words. But my friends told me when I'm high I'm really funny and I can feel the difference too, like something in me clicks and I don't have to try so hard to fit in and I'm just a more enjoyable to talk to person.

I hate taking my retalin/concerta but I really need it to concentrate and get work done. I always get slightly depressed and become a lot less fun to be around with. (Even a bit socially awkward)

Also it stunted my growth as it killed my appitite.

Bump, interested in this too

they are as clean as i could get them
$350 shoes thrifted for $5

because you're overthinking social interaction

when you're inebriated/stoned, you're less in control of yourself and you have less of a filter between your brain and your mouth so you're a cooler guy

Veeky Forums.org/rules#fit

>Relationship, dating advice, and "mental health" threads belong on /adv/.

Sage, report and hide.

die

Kek, not really. My brains just fucked up at puberty for no reason, causing depression, and it took me 5 years of going through hell to finally get some medication, they reset your brain which was perfect in my case.
Didn't need anything else.

700 mg test e per week just might be the cure for all of this. I'm convinced these mental diseases are just symptoms of low test.

Question: you go to a doctor and tell them you can't concentrate or have depression. How many of them will test your hormone levels? Answer: none.

they give you an addictive pill and say ok see you in a month. And the pills don't work

there's no such thing as mental disorders, you guys are just blatantly seeking attention. get a grip.

it's a meme. if used in conjunction with stimulants the side effects are unbearable. nausea, headache, flu like symptoms.
avoid it

I'm on an anti-depressant which is pretty awesome. Helps balance me out.

Then a bunch of retarded fitness supplements and of course used marijuana needles to bring it all home.

It mixes well.

Don't take drugs for mental health. Have 5 cups of coffee, and punch 5 wholes in the wall. Start lifting heavy. Heavy squats. 3 days a week. GOMAD.

This solved it for me, honest to god. Girls are mirin too, before I was just athletic mode, they like built more.

I felt bad because I never progressed in anything. Sound similar to you? Follow a workout regime that increases the weight over time.

Go outside. Shit in somebody's backyard. Light something on fire. Scream at somebody in the night and run away.

> marijuana needles

>be depressed borderline alcoholic
>self medicated with etizolam
>eventually got off of it after taking 5mg+ a day
>got prescribed sertraline
>felt more anxious for a couple weeks
>felt completely numb afterwards, noticed a big lack of empathy
>weaned off all pills, stopped drinking entirely
>heavily smoked pot for a while
>cut down to every other day or so
Never been happier desu, I think it's mainly the quitting drinking and going to the gym but I feel like pot has helped me a bit.
Hippy degenerates unite.

I will admit I was anti-pot because of /pol/ until I realized its controlled opposition to the cigarette industry. Only smoked it once and felt super tired, was pretty comfy desu

Don't smoke pot. If you're not used to it you could feel more anxious. Have a couple of beers and have a good time man.

Spend night in hospital yesterday. Getting through a really rough patch. Just trying to find some solutions to life's problems and realize more often than not the only thing we can choose is our reaction to said problems.

Unfortunately this makes my tired. I need to figure out how to feel sex. I finally start making it and now I find I may have broke my fucking third arm.

Yeah lots of people feel different effects from it, which is quite interesting. It makes me very social which has helped my anxiety a lot.

I have severe ptsd, but it's a meme condition and according to my friends ugly people can't have it so I should suck it up. Too bad hero advice breads get pruned.

what's the ptsd from, sugar tits?

Abuse and violence stuff, cheese balls

Undiagnosed depression and social anxiety

how normie am I?

You don't need drugs. You need Frame; tell yourself that you are a confident, charismatic son of a bitch and you will be acting as one in no time. Fake it till you make it.

DYEL

How did you find this out

Just eat 40mg adderall to get your personality back.