How do I fix butt wink Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b1f6mk1aVuA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hammy stretches

stretch

Squat plug

Stretch what?
You sure? My hammys are pretty god damn flexible man.

Also, not op

stronger gloots
or you could just be cuckols and squat insane amounts of weight and just still have buttwink

>hammies flexible

doubt it

post a pic of your sit and reach with your feet together.

This, and then show us your rear glute spread. Gotta make sure you're flexible enough.

youtu.be/b1f6mk1aVuA

Put plates under your heels

Damn Veeky Forums really doesn't know anything about lifting

The guy who suggested putting plates under your heels is the closest but obviously that doesn't solve the problem it just temporarily resolves the issue by allowing you greater ankle range. Lack of ankle mobility is what's causing buttwink, I guarantee it isn't because of hamstring tightness, stretch your calf muscles, roll your tibealis anterior and just try to force your knee as far past the toe (whilst still keeping in line) as it will go. I'd also recommend trying to distribute weight evenly throughout the foot instead of rocking back onto your heels in the eccentric phase, that can also cause buttwink

Raised-heel olympic lifting shoes also work.

Why would ankle mobility be the main factor in this?

Do you understand where hamstrings originate and consequently what would happen if they were tight?

bahahaha holy fuck summer is over

I'm having lunch, maaaaan. Do I have to? Can't you believe my head can touch my knees?

Also I can touch the floor, palms flat on the floor, while standing and legs together... That count?

i'll bite. ankle dorsiflexion only affects buttwink given that your hamstrings are tight enough. elevated heels increase the angle between your foot and tibia and allow you to reach depth you normally wouldnt be able to. if you have tight ankles and perfectly stretched hamstrings you would have no buttwink but your heels would come off the floor in a squat. excellent use of buzzwords to mask your lack of knowledge user, you almost blend in

This might be hard to swallow but some people simply can't go deep on squat without buttwink because of their bone structure, caused by the way your femoral head sockets into your hip. All you can do is deal with it and not squat ass to grass

no not really. your hip position in hamstring stretches is absolutely critical. if you're touching your knees with your head either your proportions are absolutely freakish or you are rounding the fuck out of your back to do this. if you can maintain slight lumbar extension/neutral back and touch your chest to your legs (standing or seated) then i will believe your flexibility

What if someone has buttwink even with OLY shoes?

in the right pick she is clearly just bending her upper back

people say stretch but it's gonna take a long ass time to get rid of the wink completely

ensuring that a small misstep will cause you to crash down and crush your neck under the bar

>distribute weight evenly throughout the foot instead of rocking back onto your heels in the eccentric phase

what helps even more for me is to try and grip the shit out of the ground with your feet. imagine that when you're squatting, you're benching the earth and you're doing the whole "bending the bar in half" thing you do when you bench to keep your scapula tight. this will make it feel like you're distributing slightly more weight on the outside of your feet. This also helps to keep your knees from bowing in.

Would Romanian deadlifts fix buttwink?

It's not hamstrings

I don't know why the retards in here keep saying it

What the hell is butt wink?

when you see a cute boipucci and it winks at you like it wants you to fuck it

they're all just misspelling butt twink

what the hell is google?

Go heavier. I remember a podcast with John Welbourne (nhl player) and Kelly starrett (the mobility God) talking about the butt wink not happening once weight got heavy enough. Try it, film it and get back to us

You should be able to do proper form with any weight fron none to your max.

Terrible drawing. Doesn't even show the pelvis rotating internally.

That form is completely wrong. Enjoy killing yourself.

Make sure you are breathing and bracing correctly. If you don't breathe in to your core, and hold it during the entire lift (specifically the bottom of the lift in the case of butt-wink), your core won't keep your spine neutral and your spine will fall forward, i.e. butt-wink. That's my basic understanding hope it helps