Spotters

do people ask you to spot them? do you ask people to spot you?

shes 12 and im going to jail for rape

is this better?

What kind of weights are those?

yes
no, but people invite themselves to spot for me(happens when I bench and there's a swole guy in the other benches)

20lb bumper plates to make it look like you are lifting more weight than you are.

She is doing the exercise too fast. You should avoid bouncing for the sake of your spine.

i work out alone at 1 in the morning, so no.

> her form

People ask me to spot them on the squat. Why don't they just use the fucking squat rack? They squat right in front of it. What the fuck?

20kg

>needing a spotter for 95lbs
>racks are set too high

yellow is 15 kgs.

blue is 20 kgs.

>yep

Are gym bros usually cool with spotting, or would you guys secretly wish I just left you alone to keep working out?

its not too bad, obviously the stretch reflex helps improves fibre recruitment for the concentric phase.

I once spotted a stranger when he was doing squats. Shit felt gay.

I don't see why anyone would be bothered by people asking for a spot. Sometimes you need a spot yourself, so it's only reasonable to spot other people when they need it.

why would anyone need a spot on squats? just use the safeties

It's not fun to put it on the safeties if it's close to a 1RM and you got partway up but lost it a bit forward or something. Otherwise safeties should do fine though.

it's quite alright you idiots, assuming it's her working weight

I was asked to spot for a guy in my first week of working out. The guy looked pretty big and was benching in the power rack, while I'm DYEL with arms like twigs.

Thankfully I didn't need to do anything, no way could I have lifted the weight off him if he'd failed.

tfw 24 hour gym just to avoid any sort of social interation

The idea isn't to be able to lift the weight off them, you only need to be able to lift enough for them to be able to move it themselves. They shouldn't be putting themselves in a position that the weight is just gonna fall on them, and if they are, they shouldn't just be grabbing whoever is closest for their spotter.

Work part time job and live its just me and my dad in the house.

>fuck the rest and give my dad every dollar I have and only live to get huge.

"dad I need you to spot me again"

I'm happy whenever someone asks me for a spot.

Because:

1.- I think they feel I'm strong enough to get that shit off them in case they fail, which is flattering

2.- You are now socially obligated to spot me if I ask you for a spot

Why would you need safeties? Just don't fucking tip over and your fine

Raising the butt like that when doing high bar.

Why would anyone need to spot squats if you can just drop the bar?

pick a weight you can handle.

You can't just drop the bar unless it's light weight as fuck. I will fuck you up.

Dropping a low-bar isn't that easy, nor is a high bar you lose forward.

the fuck y'all talking about the thick bumpers are 45s.

I don't mind spotting on bench but everything else is gay as shit. I am not going to bend down with you in an awkward standing spooning position for squats just because you're too retarded to use the safeties on the rack or dump the weight behind you.

I hate inexperienced deadlift spotters. It's gotten to a point where I'm willing to snap my shit up instead asking people.

Dont put any clips and just let the weights fall down

>deadlift spotters

was a meme but cant you literally just drop the bar for that?

>deadlift spotters
Wut?

Worst part is when you're transitioning into overhead deadlifts and they're completely lost on what to do.

I actually asked someone to spot me on deadlift once. I was recovering from being sick and though I might pass out because the warmups made me a bit dizzy. I just told some guy to catch me if I fell backwards.

I refuse to spot people on squats unless there's a second spotter and it's done from the sides.

A single spotter from behind is a bad idea. You can't help as much as from the sides because you can't get as close to the weight, and It's hard to apply the force straight up. If they get pulled backwards a little bit they could fall over, which is bad news for the guy standing behind them. If you're at the side you can also see if they're losing the bar forward/backwards more clearly.

For bench it's fine because you can get right over the bar (easy to help them straight upwards) and you're in a good position to actually provide a lot of assistance.

This. Plus, because the muscles that limit the bench are so small, taking a little of the strain usually means the lifter can actually push the bar back up and rack it. If someone fails a squat, it's because some of the biggest muscles in their body aren't applying enough force to get the bar up, and that usually means you and the other spotter are going to be hiking up most of the weight yourselves.

>I just told some guy to catch me if I fell backwards.

Were you at a gay gym?

I too always demand a co-spotter on squat if it's decent weight. If it's significantly less than I do, I'm fine with doing it from behind though.

I have some friends that come over to my place to lift and I've had to spot then with squats before, since they're afraid to just drop my bumper weights.

At least with them their lifts are so light that I can basically just pick up the weight if they fail. One guy squats 90kg and I just sort of clean the weight off his back if he fails

Not any more gay than most I think. I didn't get offered a complimentary brojob.

yes. And yes. Usually I tell them how to spot for bench though, too many people want to take the bar away or help when it's not necessary.
>that form and back angle
the fuck. might as well do low bar if you want to do it like that.

Hey man nothing gay about it we're all friends here just come stand behind me bro

She just has long femurs and needs stronger quads.

I ask for a spot is when I go for a 1 rep max on bench. Also to get to know the regulars coming in the same time as I do. It's less autistic when you come into the gym and you and the other people there don't stare at you anymore like they're ready to fight lmao

I've done some meets where they have this, but I don't know how useful it would be considering I weigh like 115kg.

that dive bombing. absolutely disgusting form.

nope. 45lbs/20kg bumpers are always either metal core with a rubber covering (made blue, following standard colors for plates). a 45lbs/20kg pure rubber bumper is superwide, like 2 of those plates in the webm together.

bouncing hinders the stretch reflex though? the stretch reflex is built up during the controlled descent.

very occasionally when benching i'll ask or get asked to spot. it varies from gym to gym, some have a great sense of community and others simply don't.

>tfw no 12yo loli thicc fit squat gf

Iktfb

I also have given up on power clean spotters too. You have one job, don't just stand there and let me fail a rep bro

I think the best way to spot squats with a single person is to act as human safeties; no helping them squat up if they can't do it themselves. You let the squatter fail their rep and squat down to to ATG, then you grab the bar and do a 1-inch deadlift to let them get out from under it after which you lower the bar to the ground. If their shit gets wrecked from going to ATG they shouldn't ever squat without two spotters or side safeties.

Why the fuck do people need a spot for back squats. Just roll that shit off. Maybe for like bench I'd get a spot

I seriously hope you don't mean rolling it down your spine by "roll that shit off". You dump it forcefully if you fail, no rolling included.

Aren't you meant to do that?

>gym has squat rack with safeties
>girl unracks weight and walks back 5 ft to do a quarter squat

I got asked to spot a bench on Tuesday, and I wonder if it was because I had just failed an incline bench.

I had failed a 5x135 incline, but I had bailed on it pretty gracefully by setting on my lap, standing, then cleaning it back on the rack. The dude had walked past three or four other people to ask me. Do you think it was because I had decent technique but also wasn't lifting heavy?

He wanted to fuck

>guy has no clue on how to spot my curls

nothing worse than this

tfw noone spots you on preacher curls