QTDDTOT / SQT

Stupid Questions Thread

When you talk about narrow/broad shoulders, which side are you refering to?
I´ve never really understood this so is it A or B? (pic related)

Can I eat a diet and not get sick of it?
On keto currently, lost 28 kg so far, still a long way to go but a lot of weight I'm losing comes from not eating and wanting to puke just thinking about eating meat, eggs or cheese.

After I reach where I want to stabilize and stay there for a while I want to change my eating habits but I really know that getting back to being fat is so much easier than keeping up eating moderately while not on a diet. I feel the thing about a diet that makes me lose weight faster than most is the fact that after some time I don't even want to eat what I'm supposed to eat, let alone more than I should. Most days I have a single small meal or none at all the whole day.

Basically, is there a diet that doesn't make me lose my appetite thinking of what I'm going to eat, yet not want to eat more of it than I should?

Why am I leaving out farts that smells like rotten egg mixed with death? I'm Hindu and most of my diet is vegan. Since the last 2 weeks I've been eating leafy food, rice and a little curry. No meat or fish and also no bean type of food. Also I ate a lot of bread 2 days back.

Albumin?

If not, it's just the diet changes, your intestinal flora and bacteria need to get used to the changes.

Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

How do I shoot cum further?

I have the volume, but it just dribbles out

I tore my right calf while squatting because I did some ankle dorsiflexion static stretching before my squat set like a fucking idiot. I'm going to quit squatting for 1-2 months to get it completely healed up.

Will doing a shitload of deadlifts keep my squat strength from decreasing? If I improve my deadlift over this 1-2 month period will my squat increase as well?

Never really gave it much thought, but I'm 90% sure it means A.

A ofc
You mostly see B pose from armless losers who think they have big arms with that pose.

Ok great, im fairly wide looking from the front but i got a weird fridge mode thing going on but i dont look wide at all from the side
Thanks guys

if you dont do squats, your squat strength will decrease. :(

Having wide shoulders is big plus for overall look.
For bigger side view you need more time coz you need to be big with every fucking muscle you have.

Might aswell keep asking
I look like a fridge from the front, i want to get a upside down triangle going
Is this possible to get or some genetic thing?

But deadlifts train the same muscle groups as the low bar squat, right?

Not a lot of money and planet fitness is the only close gym? Worth it? Or should I just work out at home with the few Dumbbells I've got?

6'0" 200 lbs. thanks

You must post your body for good answers.

How heavy is a plate?

A plate is 45lbs/20kg

1pl8 is a 45lb/20kg Olympic bar + a plate on each end = 135lbs/60kg
2pl8 = 225lbs/100kg...

45lbs

When you say 18" biceps is natty limit do you mean flexed or unflexed?

I found some caffeine tablets with a best before of December 2014. Am I still good to use these as a pre - workout?

Planet Shitness is not a good gym, go homegym with dumbells until you can find a better place. Limited weights selection and they discourage any heavy lifting (the lunk alarm, it's fucking stupid). Don't go where getting Veeky Forums is discouraged

How much water weight can i expect to gain using creatin?

Newbie here. In reference to this post How does one injure themself in the gym? Is it because of ego lifting?

I'm trying this new exercise and diet thing after sitting in a chair for 16 hours a day for years. I always cap my fats and protein easily through the day, but I'm left with hundreds of carbs that I don't know how to fill. Am I supposed to just drink juice and eat candy or what?

>Pour cereal in a bowl
>start a movie on tv
Easy "popcorn snack" in front of comfy movie with no fats

If i eat an amount of calories that means i neither gain or lose weight, just maintain, but eat much less fat than i currently do, will i lose fat slowly over time? or do i need to diet

I can't do legs extensions cuz knee pain. Some advices to focus the quads ?

Planet Fitness doesn't want you to actually make it, and when you're new support is one of the most valuable things. Go somewhere that actually wants to help you. There's gotta be a gym in your area that's within your budget. Might not be $10/month, but if you can squeeze a little more money for it, it'll go a lot further.

I guess I could eat oats or some shit. It just doesn't feel right eating heaps of "crap" from carb social stigma. Cheers.

What do you eat during rest day?
Do you eat the same as if you would have a normal lift day or nah?

just buy puffed wheat cereal or puffed rice or whatever, full of fiber and vit if it doesn't feel right to you, to me it feels like i'm having nice popcorn, then again i'm european so for me popcorn doesnt need to have nutella, peanut butter caramel or whatever shit they need in the US/UK

>If I eat an amount of calories that means I neither gain or lose weight

You answered your own question. Replacing fat calories with carb or protein calories is not gonna make you lose weight.

Short ROM leg press with babby weight for high reps

I'm not looking to lose weight you misunderstood the question

If you eat at maintenance and lift, then over time you will lose fat and gain muscle. This is a very slow process. Sorry for not understanding.

Don't ever do knee extensions

Do split squats. They are godly

Ok that's what I thought I'm skinny fat and cutting doesn't seem like a good idea thanks

Planet fitness does not cater to serious lifters, but if you're just starting out or working on fat loss then you'll be fine for a while.
You'll need willpower to resist pizza day.

Does zinc/arginine actually help gains/libido or is it just a meme.

Kegels

What is the best and cheapest gym in amerika?

They hit glutes not quads mainly

If you are deficient in zinc it will help. I never noticed any help from arginine.

I'm cutting right now, should I avoid oatmeal?

I just eat unflavored rolled oats with some salt and coconut milk. I've been opting for salads instead, does it matter that much?

is there a way to hit the vastus medialis more? it's really dragging behind for me.

normally do DB one legged squats due to not having barbell anymore.

>coconut milk

I hope you mean coconut water. On a cut, oats are fine. They are pretty filling which is good and they provide carbs for your workout.

What's wrong with coconut milk? It provides at least a little bit of flavor :^)

and a little bit of calorie, but whatever if it fits your macros

>550 cals per cup

Unless you are a spoooky skelly I don't advise it. It's like adding over half a stick of butter to your oats for "flavor"

Welp shit, should I stick with almond milk then or what? I'm not lactose or anything, I've just bought into the "dairy is bad for you" meme

Need some advice guys..

Pic is me, sorry for the body hair lol I lurk here a fair bit and now it's not generally approved of, to get to the point I'm not sure what to do in regards to getting "ripped", as you can see I have a small bar and assortment of weights and I'm doing SL 5x5, my lifts are pretty weak too desu.

Should I join a gym? Squatting is a bit dangerous for me as I clean it and OHP to shoulders so not ideal.

Also I'm not strict with diet, if I did become more strict with it what do you think my potential could be?

Any advice you can spare is appreciated, cheers

Yes

Best before != Use by

Is it normal that dumbbell bench press is really hard on your forearms?

Pretty much. Forgetting that form > weight always.

Acne --> what should i eat? what not?

Basically i have shit tier skin (acne, stretchmarks, blackheads, scars, etc..) and i now want to change my diet/eating habits in order to help my skin get better. However i don't really know what kind of foods i should eat and what i shouldn't eat. I've heard that lots of milk stuff is bad? Has anybody made some experiences with effects on their skin after changing their diet?

>hundreds of carbs that I don't know how to fill
>implying you have a carb target
Just hit your protein number.

Fat doesn't make you fat.

Yeah. Think of your caloric target more as a weekly number. Your body doesn't "reset" at midnight or anything.

IIFYM

Trying to lose weight. Are pickles my friend?

I'm at 70.8kg and 177cm

how far from reaching 10%bf am I? feels all fat goes to lovehandles and I just wanna be shredded

am I looking into dropping to 64kg or some shit?
at least I'm seeing abs for the first time

anyone have a screenshot of the routine for girls that used to get posted here fairly often?

i think it had the routine along with at least the lower body of the girl who used the routine.

also it wasnt any trappy crap

Counting calories and being carefull about your macros are your friend. Also simple carbs( such as sugar ) is bad for you. I doubt pickles are your enemy.

Stretching on rest days is it good for doms or is it good even when Im not having any doms.

its always good

Sorry, I was really vague in what I was really trying to ask. The calories on pickles is super low, something like 10 calories for a pickle. Can I eat a couple pickles between lunch and dinner to stay full without actually taking in a lot of calories.

>Can I eat a couple pickles between lunch and dinner to stay full without actually taking in a lot of calories.
Why not? I fucking love pickles, but I don't know if I've even "gotten full" off them.

Maybe not get full, but hold me over.

Are you sure you're using coconut milk? It almost always comes in a can. Check the nutrition label for the stuff you have, maybe the fat is skimmed or something.

This is usually what I use

A good idea when cutting is to just eat a ton of low-cal vegetables that you enjoy and then at the end of the day add like 100-200 calories for all of them. This obviously doesn't go for fruits or starchy veggies.

Ah, that's coconut milk "beverage," not technically pure coconut milk. That's fine to use as a milk substitute.

How do I stop being a bitch(ie not trying hard enough on squats because i'm scared of snapping my shit up which leads to not adding weight to my squats as I should be doing)?

Do front squats with lower weight build more muscle than backsquats with more weight?

Well I'm at like 350 now and the weights bend the bar at this stage, so that's kind of scary.

What I do to work up to it is just do some leap-frog like jumps and try to land in a squatting position just to get those muscles ready for stress. I'll also hold the squat for like 20 seconds just to stretch those hammies, and then take a little break.

For me at least, once those muscles feel like they know what's going on, it's easier to get under the weight

It seems like almond milk might be a better alternative though, just because almonds have a lot of fat and protein, not sure about coconuts in that regard.

Anyone care to share how long it took them to reach 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 ?

I'm 5'9" and I've been that height for the past 4-5 years (20 now).

I started squatting around 16-17. Currently I squat around 300lbs, are they compressing my body and keeping me from getting taller?

>I'm 5'9" and I've been that height for the past 4-5 years (20 now).

Maybe you're just a woman lmao

Thanks for shitposting, stop by again sometime.

t. 5'7" manlet

How do I keep making SS gains without raising body fat? At about 20% right now. On maintenance with 4220 kcals/day. Drinking a gallon of milk, shredded wheat bran, spinach, Tuna, and chipotle to get them.

If I can't add weight, should I just keep lifting the same weight until I drop bf% enough to clean bulk and repeat? And improve little things like sleep, which I'm getting 8-9 hours of.

That's an impressive maintenance caloric intake. I suggest cutting out the milk entirely and just cutting until like 12% BF. Then you can bulk and make SS gains properly. In the meantime, keep lifting the same weight/increase if you can and get your form down solid.

Alright cheers, planning on trying some heavy walk outs tomorrow to stop psyching myself out so much

It's getting somewhat tough for me to lift the dumbbells for dumbbell bench press to get into the starting position for the set. I started off a few weeks ago at 70 pounds (35's), and I'm now doing 120. I can do the exercise fine, but get them from resting on my knees to above me is tough. Do I have to transition to barbell soon, or is there some standard method for lifting larger dumbbells?

Unless you have a bro to help you out every time, you should switch to barbell and just do DB as accessory work.

Since last thread died

>birthday gift for coworker/friend
>

my feet face outward and my shins bow a little outward towards my ankle. I try to squat atg but I start to fall backwards, when I try to correct my stance my knees buckle while I go back up. Normal squats do the same thing but to a lesser extent. Should I go to machines or should I keep trying to work on my balance, I'm skelly trying to get big and don't want slim jim legs anymore

visual aid

note:my drawing is shit

Can I take l-glutamine with milk at night?

2 questions from someone who just started lifting a month ago

1 when I do squats I'm going below parallel, almost atg, but when pushing back up I sometimes feel one of my legs doing more of the work. Is this something that corrects itself while those stabilizer muscles develop or is my form bad?

2 I do cardio and rely on my bike for my job but I feel so much weaker when on my bike because my muscles are sore. Is this normal for when you first start lifting or is my diet shit?

1. Both and it'll balance out over time as you do accessories.
2. Both, you'll get used to eat but eating more helps.

This happened to me when I started as well, make sure the centre of the bar is slap bang on the centre of your back, you might be placing slightly more tension on the leg that works more simply because of the uneven force distribution, give it a few weeks and see where that takes you

I've been doing SL for the past month and a bit, strength gains are going fine but I'm not sure if i'm gaining enough weight or not. I started off at around 59kg (129lb?) skinny-fat'ish, currently at around 140lb, i've been eating at a surplus now for about 2 months, is a 10lb gain fine or should I be upping my calories? (eating 3k pretty much every single day and sometimes a little more, a little less by maybe 100-200)! I feel like I might be rushing the whole gains process if I up my calories more, should I just stick to what i'm doing now? thanks

I really wanna add skullcrushers and curls to my stronglifts, but I don't know what days I should add the lifts. I'm thinking curls on Deadlift day and skullcrushers on bench day, is that OK?

Home gym. Plus, money put toward more home weights goes a lot further than money wasted on a membership at a shit tier gym.

let your lifts dictate your calories, not your weight.

Sure

a big tub of creatine or preworkout

You can't keep making gains without gaining some fat. Pick bulking or cutting. At 20%, unless getting stronger is a priority for you, start cutting and drop to about 12ish%, and then start bulking again.