So, why can't I literally eat 0 calories a day until I'm at my goal weight?

So, why can't I literally eat 0 calories a day until I'm at my goal weight?

According to CICO I should be able to just fast until I lose 30-40 lbs right?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/07/24/3549931.htm
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein-Sparing_Modified_Fast
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because your body will not get the nutrients it needs to function on a basic level, and you'll get sick. Also, unless you're NEET, you'll have zero energy to do anything but sit or lie down.
Also, source on that pic.

shadbase.com (it should be 2-3 pages back)
so, if I take multivitamins will this work?

No, you need more than just multivitamins.
Besides that, your body will burn your muscles first and try to refrain from using up your isolating fat deposits as long as possible, so you'll end up weak and depleted.
Just eat at a deficit, keep lifting, and have patience. You'll lose the weight.

What is the bare minimum I could eat and still manage to survive.

Let's assume that health is not a concern as long as I won't die or have to be rushed to the emergency room at some point.

Medfag here. Don't listen to these peasants. If you think not eating ANYTHING is the quickest way to your desired physique, I say do it.

0 calories will, indeed, make you lose weight. You will be miserable, but fuck it...

Medfag reporting back in. Rule of 3's. 3 weeks without food. 3 days without water. 3 hours exposed to subzero elements. 3 minutes without oxygen.

Yes, you heard correctly. 3 weeks. stop stuffing your fucking face with food.

> local man found dead in apartment, starved to death despite having a full fridge and pantry

Another medfag here. You realise that going anything under 20% total body water is risk for acute kidney injury right?

You realise that more than a week without food depletes your body's supply of vitamin k to the point where your inr will rise above 1.5 physiologically right?

Don't listen to this guy.

Look up very low caloric diets. A few companies out there sell sachets of powder that you drink instead of eating actual food. It's approved for morbid Obesity. Just drink enough water and take some fiber supplements. There's also the chance that after you stop dieting you'll rebound and get it all back, but still.

I fucking lost it. well done.

>Don't listen to me.

Typical btfo retard """"""""doctor"""""""

You'll lose muscle before fat.

Other dude sounds way more credible desu broctor

I've done it, you need approximately 15-20g of protein to stave off muscle losing muscle mass if you care.

The longest I've gone is 2 weeks and I managed to lose 20 pounds, from 268-248 lbs.

I exercised a lot the first couple of days but after 5 days or so you start having a bad time putting any physical strain on your body. I also drank a lot of water.

also. what the fuck is a sachet?

What's wrong with your cheeks how are they so fat with such low bf did you get implants or are you puffing them up or something

it's from all the satchets I ingested.

HIGH EST

is eating nothing easier than just eating no carbs? Because if you don't eat carbs you will go into ketosis and lose fat while remaining healthy. Just eat lots of healthy fats and around 1-200g of protein per day. Fat has no effect on insulin levels, so you cannot gain bodyfat while doing this diet

same fag

I've found bananas before and during workouts help, given the potassium.

Also before workouts having some preworkout helps. I use cellcor c4 because I'm quite sensitive to caffeine.
Otherwise fiber supplements like metamucil and lots of water help.

I still take in a reasonable breakfast of low GI oats and try to get the majority of my work out done before I crash.

You don't understand. I can't stop eating satchets. They go straight to my cheeks.

Yeah you're going to feel like total shit user.

Try fasting for just ONE (totally healthy) day and see how you feel.

I have a dip in. Habit that staves off hunger. Keeps me orally fixated.

doctor here
your all wrong
reported

Fuck. Don't tell my dean!!!! Please

abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/07/24/3549931.htm
It's been done before.
If you think this is the best way for you to lose weight do it, but you'll lose what little lean mass you have as well. A PSMF approach will allow you to keep more lean mass and stay in better health. Actually leaning healthy eating patterns and practicing portion control or calorie counting with healthy food choices will improve your health considerably and set you up for never being fat again.

Just do it and see what happens.

just do PSMF

it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein-Sparing_Modified_Fast

Everyone's in a hurry to get fit. You didn't get fat overnight. This shit takes time.

Psych fag here.

You can't because you lack self control. Lack of self control is how you got to your current wait and it shows in your efforts to lose it. You can't just not eat anything and drop all the wait in a hurry. That's not self control thats still just full force doing something reckless on your body. You know why people don't regularly fast away 40 pounds? Because they people who think to are the ones with out the self control to do so. If your gonna lose weight you have to do it the same way as everyone else. 300-500 calorie deficit everyday in till you have your results.

At least put some effort in.

but i can't read spaghetti

MICRONUTRIENTS
FAT LOSS ≠ WEIGHT LOSS

>what is ghrelin
Go away. You aren't a real doctor.

>So, why can't I literally eat 0 calories a day until I'm at my goal weight?

Because your body needs food to not die.

...I don't understand what your trying to imply here. I get it's a hormone that's tells you your hungry but what point are you trying make?

You say hunger is lack of self control. It's not. It's a physiological phenomenon

OP just asked to lose weight, not fat specifically

Just because you're hungry doesn't mean you have to eat.... Willpower will overcome anything.

Because your body needs certain micronutrients or it will begin to eat itself to get those nutrients it needs.
Like the muscles in your heart and shut down.
You can lose weight like that, but... you won't live long if you continue that diet or well if you do it for a long time then stop.

Know what. All I have is second hand knowledge on this crap. I have to actually look up the effects of starvation. I know dehydration is a horrible way to day but I don't know how starvation will kill you.

Why don't you try to hold your breath until you pass out?