Being NEET and overtraining

Considering that I'm a NEET and can't go to gym, how often can I do cardio without overtraining and how can I improve my recovery time. I know that learning to relax your muscles, sleeping and meditating help but I'm doing them already, so are there other things which I can do as a natty? Also I have a 10kg dumbbell, and might even get sand thats like 20kg each bag if its worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
youtu.be/qHvMDlQ8Zyk
youtu.be/_Qwqqyj4jkk
youtu.be/x0Lsp_6V47E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> neet
> overtraining

Exactly. Considering I'm on my computer all of my time and don't do anything physically , maybe I can do cardio more often?

If you're a NEET, then why don't you just train like the pro athletes do? You've obviously the time.

I have no idea how they do, and I just want to fix my body. Also no gym.

You have all the time in the world to figure it out.

why dont you just start and see for yourself how much it takes for you to overtrain?

>Overtraining
>With fucking beginner cardio

Unless you're a 100m speedster there is no fucking way you'll be able to overtrain.
Your lungs and your mucles will impede exercise waaaaaay before you're even CLOSE to the overtraining threshold.

But they don't care that much about how their bodies look and they roid.
>inb4 bodybuilders
Said no gym already.
Because I don't want to fuck my shit up and get discouraged.
What if I do HIIT?

>What if I do HIIT?

You're still going to fall down in a heap of wheezing and muscle pain before you can actually get to overtrain.
You can't just 'rest' the same way you do for weight training if you're doing cardio.

Once you're tapped out for the day even if you rest one hour you're going to be tired and unmoving within 5 seconds of trying to exercise again.

tried running everyday. knee starts hurting on the 4th day. every other day first op no matter how fine your knee feels. and get your joints all warmed up first before you start running. you will be able to work up to 2k 5 days a week in 2 months just by running the same distance. dun sweat the amount of time it takes.

What if I do full body cardio like these youtube videos.

>knee starts hurting on the 4th day.
It means you have shit running form, it doesn't mean you overtrained.

You probably don't keep your midsection tense while running, you land on your point/heel instead of midfoot, have a forward leaning posture (like 90% of this site's userbase), misdistribute your weight, or a combination of all of the above.

Running is harder than people make it out to be, and no one bothers to check that yes, there exists a proper way to run.

You'll be wasting your time doing exercises that not only don't build any strength like proper calisthenics would, but also build up less stamina than a brisk walk would.

early morning 4am when no one is watching, op. thats what i did. but i live in a gated community. obviously dont do this if u live somewhere shitty.

no, you are wrong. fuck you. i am right. and dont start off running everyday, op.

Every single "hi guise what do I do on my rest days" post is answered with "Just do fucking cardio"

You know why?
Because cardio is such a pathetic strain on your body that you can just do it as much as you like as long as you don't overdo it in intensity.

It's laughable that you're treating a light run as if it was a real form of exercise like weightlifting or calisthenics.

I don't care about strength right now. I want to lose weight first. Also would calisthenic help at all or the progress is way too slow?
I will rather never workout than sacrifice my sleep or fuck it up by getting that early. Also I live in shithole.

>I don't care about strength right now. I want to lose weight first. Also would calisthenic help at all or the progress is way too slow?

If you don't build up muscle while losing weight you're just going to stop dieting at one point and become even more of a disgusting fat fuck than when you started.

Muscle constantly burns calories just by EXISTING, and exercising while dieting ensures that your body will eat your fat reserves instead of your muscle tissue for nourishment.

As a first step towards being a less disgusting human being, please lose the retarded normie notion that weight lifting = becoming a massive roider.

You'll need at least one year of constant serious weight lifting before you start looking like what you'd probably call "toned".

>weight lifting = becoming a massive roider
But I've never said that. I know how hard it is and have been here long enough, just have hard time finding a drive to do it. Considering how poor the sticky is on calisthenics and that /asp/bodyweight is dead what do you think would be the best program about it and how often can I add cardio to it.

when i was a NEET i took up jogging, 5 days a week. i was a fat fuck so i could basically run down the street and back before exploding into a wheezing sweaty mess. i pushed myself to run a little farther every day, and after a year and a half i was 80lbs lighter doing 9k a day.

get your fat ass out and start hitting that pavement, its cheap and its everywhere

I don't have it, but ask around for the calisthenics chart, it tells you what calisthenics are 'basic' and when to advance to the next 'tier'.

You should divide your week in six days, alternating a calisthenics day with a cardio day, with a day being complete rest.

What the fuck is going on in that picture and why does reverse searching it give me a bunch of mexican links

I started running to C25K (Couch-to-5K): nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
Shit was hella useful since I'm a fatass. Shins hurt like crazy to begin with, probably due to 1) being fat and 2) having not trained muscles, leg and feet to running for such a long, long, long time.
>run every day
>night time (cooler + am awake)
>listen to album
>>was 231 pounds
>>now 194 pounds
>>aim 165 pounds
' 81" manlet

I got sick and fucking tired of C25K cuck music choices, so I stopped taking rest days and started powering through them ASAP just to be done with them.

On that note, can anyone reccomend me some next-level shit? I wanna get into pro-running.

no, you ignorant fuck. beginners will get shin splints and knee or ankle pain because their body arent used to it.

How the fuck can you even become a NEET? How do the people around you even let that happen?
Square the fuck up user, you will only feel worse when you don't have a point in life. Get a job (or even better, start studying) and work towards something you fucking autist. Make your parents proud

What in the blue fuck is wrong with his arm?

Its hard to overtrain in both endurance sports and weightlifting

rest is a meme

only time I got overtrained doing 'cardio' was when I was biking 250-300 miles a week and eating like shit, it took about 2 months of that to start feeling shitty/overtrained

it's a dialysis fistula.

But thats why I'm NEET, to focus better on learning.

Do 15 minutes 80 rpm at first on a cyclette if you're a fat fuck, otherwise 30 minutes 80 rpm and go up from here in either time or rpms, your choice.
If you can't afford a cyclette, run for the same amount of time.

As for the lifts, only a dumbell isn't going to do shit. You gotta get at least another 10kg dumbbell and do as many steps as you can until you can do 15 steps 3 reps confortably (talking about curls), and always switch up what you do. You can look up dumbbells exercises and figure out the best way to do them without a support, maybe use chairs or something. Don't forget to train your pecs.

And last but not least do as many free body exercises as possible. If you can make out some equipment for calisthenics it's even better.

and also, you know when you're doing good when your muscles get sore as fuck for up to three days. It's called DOMS. Eat a fuckton of protein and train the non-sore musclea in the meantime.

Daily calisthenics is really all you need. But dumbbells allow for some extra isolation that will round out your physique

As for building up endurance on cardio. Time rest and diet.
It's the only way outside of using drugs. And if you use drugs then you're just going to lose all of your gains as soon as you stop and even regress if you overdid them or do them wrong.

*15 reps 3 sets
Damn, only three months and I got rusty as fuck in gym lingo.

If you're too poor for a gym try bodyweight. If you lack a doorway pullup bar, a public park should have bars and rings to hang .Don't forget to count your calories and macros.

I found this guy recently and he seems pretty legit.
youtu.be/qHvMDlQ8Zyk
youtu.be/_Qwqqyj4jkk
youtu.be/x0Lsp_6V47E

>Daily calisthenics
What?

Get a job you fucking parasite.

You're just another fucking jerk off making excuses not to work out.

Overtraining would be like jogging for 6 hours every day of the week for a month or two

I bet your fat ass can hardly get above a brisk walk before you're breathing heavy

Work yourself to your limits and your body will tell you when to rest.

Do bodyweight stuff every day.

Yeah but won't that be too much and what kind of routine should I do. Elaborate. Also cardio

>won't that be too much?
lol wut?

No, doing pushups and sit ups and squats everyday will not be too much.

Wake up and do 10 push ups, sit ups and squats every day before doing your cardio. Once you get used to it, add 5 more of each. This could take a week or more but keep doing it until you can add more. Eventually you'll get to 1000

Also look up basic stretches on youtube. Stretches alone provide real health benefits.

Don't be soft and actually do the work. You sound like your own worst enemy

Oh it the one punch meme.

See -Combine that shit with cardio like running or swimming or boxing or whatever speeds up your heart.
-3 days cardio, 3 days the picture, and 1 day rest.
-Dont eat like a moron, drink water, get 8 hours sleep.
Do this and you'll be fine.

>like a moron
What does that mean? I eat mostly cooked food, no sugar other than from fruits and usually the food is high protein.

high in protein*

>Step 1. Het OUT of your house
>Step 2. Find a gym, protip NOT PLANET FITNESS
>Step 3. Read the sticky
>step 4. ???
>step 5. Gains profit

"There's no overtraining, just undereating and undersleeping" - Rich Pijana