Trying to go vegan or part time vegan or whatever

Trying to go vegan or part time vegan or whatever.

But how the fuck do I get 200g of protein a day without chicken or protein powder? Have to eat over a goddamn kilo of beans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=av7IwBfF5m8
youtube.com/watch?v=vGpy6h0LbQM
vegetarianbodybuilding.com/vegan-bodybuilding-fitness-future/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why in the fuck do you need 200g of protein per day. Your body isn't going to use all of that, and you probably smell like shit.

becasue I lift?

And?

Gotta eat big to get big c'mon?

u r dumb

That's why I need 200g protein a day.

>trying to go vegan
Kill yourself

> gram of protein per pound of bodyweight

good luck with your kidney and liver failure goals

bread. 2-5g protein per slice. Soy bread has more. So do seeded varieties. Up to 7g protein PER SLICE.

Mashed chickpeas/beans are much easier to consume in large quantities, and give less gas. Also can be turned into fritters/cakes

milk. 3g per 100ml

nuts. 20-30% protein and 20-40% fat

Make protein shakes with home made ingredients. Drinking your protein makes it easier to get large amounts in your body.

Eat superfoods. Spirulina and chia seeds and all that jazz. Almond butter is superior to peanut butter, but more expensive.

you dont need 200g of protein a day unless youre on all kinds of gears and youre big as fuck, and youre defintely not both of them

>I need 200g of protein a day
No, you don't

You can't get 200g of protein a day if you're vegan. That's why there are hardly any vegan bodybuilders, and even less natty ones.

You'd think you'd have figured this out beforehand given that nobody on this board thinks going vegan is a good idea...

>nobody
speak for yourself, pal

vegan is alright for women imo, but unless you have the time and money to dedicate to this diet you may or may not have some trouble (esp with wanting 200g wtf).

good luck though, only the true alphas can achieve this

>200g
enjoy your liver toxicity (striking past the 176g mark for a 80 kg male)

>But how the fuck do I get 200g of protein a day without chicken or protein powder?
You don't. There's no way without cheating. You end up eating way too many carbs and way too many grams of fiber, and you'll still be deficient in one or more aminos. The only alternative is soy, and no one is recommending that, soy really isn't all that good for humans overall.

>part time vegan
There's no such thing. The term 'Vegan' is misused by pretty much everyone, as 'veganism' is a complete lifestyle, which includes using no products of any kind that came from any part of any animal, and that includes clothes, furnishings, etc. What everyone refers to really is 'strict vegetarianism', which is in fact a diet. As previously stated it's bullshit though, not suited for anyone who is trying to gain lots of lean muscle mass. Aside from sabotaging that, you'll also suffer from cognitive problems over time from the amino acid deficiency. Additionally if you're not done growing yet you'll sabotage your final height due to malnutrition. If I were you and were serious about health and fitness I'd skip this whole 'vegetarian' thing, it's a bad idea.

This is the only non-bait thread I have ever seen people speak positively about veganism in. I'm surprised this guy isn't getting ripped apart.

It's simply not possible to make effective gains without some kind of animal protein if you're not roiding or you don't have God-tier genetics. This is coming from a vegetarian.

If you weigh 200, you should be eating 200g. Why vegan tho? Why not just eat real food, weighing specifically around meat. Plus soy will give you tits and kill your testosterone

>You end up eating way too many carbs and way too many grams of fiber, and you'll still be deficient in one or more aminos
You can if you commit yourself to eating mixed legumes
>only soy can save it
it's convenient but not necessary
>not recommendable
>isn't good for humans
shitty broscience
>if weight 200 (what? lbs? kg?) you should be eating 200g
absolute horseshit. If he weights 200 kg with low bf (all the calculations are based on trained bodies with low bf), he would be twice Arnold's competition size and his optimal intake would be 360 (but he would die pretty soon)

>hampering mental gains
>hampering final height
Vegetarian diets are considered safe and adequate at any age by any western Health Board
The only true factual thing from your whole post is that vegans actually adopt a strictly vegetarian diet and extend their lifestyle well beyond their diet; and nowadays "being vegan" is misused to indicate just the diet

>You can if you commit yourself to eating mixed legumes
Listen idiot, I've been through this time and time again, sat down and worked it all out. You can't get ALL the protein an athlete needs with ALL the aminos without eating WAY TOO MANY CARBS AND GRAMS OF FIBER. Period. The numbers don't lie. Why do you think that every vegan I've ever known has been skinny-fat and weak? They can't stand to eat enough to actually get proper nutrition.

Also why do you think that any pediatrician who discovers parents are feeding their child a strict vegetarian diet will tell them to stop it until they're fully grown or they'll report them for child abuse? It's true, it's a thing, it's happened before, and it's because a strict vegetarian diet IS NOT GOOD FOR HUMANS, WE ARE OMNIVORES AND NEED ANIMAL PRODUCTS IN OUR DIET TO BE HEALTHY. You can sit there with your cognitive deficit, blinking your eyes in confusion, and claim that I'm lying or it's broscience, but ALL OF IT IS TRUE and you and people like you need to STFU, you're no longer competent to be advising anyone on anything important anymore. Now go eat some meat so your brain works right again, we're tired of your sheep-like bleatings about your 'vegan' diet.

Stupid faggots, they should be banned from Veeky Forums.

>adequate
Sure. If you're a typical skinnyfat weak dull-witted normalfag, not an ATHLETE. People on Veeky Forums train to be ATHLETES and as such can't eat shit-tier diets promoted by shit-tier 'doctors' who don't give a fuck about OPTIMAL health, they just want everyone to 'get by'.

You vegetarian faggots are all weak pussies. Any meat-eating 12 year old girl who knows how to punch could beat you up. What's the most laughable of all is that you've had your natural male aggression stolen away from you by this troll/meme 'diet' you're on, and you're so cowed and controlled by women now that you don't even remember what it was like to be a MAN. An anonymous imageboard is the only place you can even spout your cancerous bullshit without getting told to sit down and STFU by the real men. I'm sure the very thought of having to confront a real man makes you need to go and change your maxi-pad.

whilst i have nothing to contribute in the way of factual or helpful advice, i do have one story

i know a lot of vegans and once we were all arm wrestling, i won the non vegan category

our vegan friends only arm wrestled amongst eachother by their suggestion because they without anyone elses suggestion automatically didn't even bother to compete with non vegans because they knew they couldn't

every vegan ive met has been exceptionally weak

>every vegan ive met has been exceptionally weak
Yep. Every one I've ever know has been skinny, weak, and had strange chronic health problems, probably due to malnutrition, and they all had strange mental quirks, which I now know from research that's been done is due to amino acid deficiencies rampant among strict vegetarians. Really, someone should stop them, they're hurting themselves.

theyre' smug little bastards with it

>I'm sure the very thought of having to confront a real man makes you need to go and change your maxi-pad

you know it bro

Green veggies are great for protein.
Spinach and broccoli are particularly awesome for this.
Beans and lentils are also great, yeah, but you don't have to simply pile a kilo of beans on your meals every day. I make a hummus out of garbanzo beans. I make a flatbread out of red lentils that is fucking awesome (just ate some as a pizza crust, easy and tasty).

And don't forget - there's a little bit of protein in most whole plant foods. Whole grains have it. Even fruits - some of the lowest protein foods - usually have 4-8% protein by calorie. It's not much, but it adds up over the course of a day.

But really man, just try to get green veggies into most things you eat, get some beans/legumes every day, eat whole grains rather than refined grains, and you'll be good.

youtube.com/watch?v=av7IwBfF5m8

you don't need 200g at all, much much less.

and broccoli.

Eat lentils. I eat 155g of lentils a day(130g of protein). Boil them up, drain them, then blend. The less water you have the easier it is to shovel into your gob in one sitting.

>I make a flatbread out of red lentils that is fucking awesome

Tell me about this flatbread user, how is it made?

wtf lentils are 80 something % proton?

>complete protein myth
That myth was startd in the 70's and the cited research study made it clear that adequate amounts of aminos of every kind are literally impossible to not get on a vegetarian unless you are anorexic.

Oops. I meant 455g. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't tell what.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGpy6h0LbQM

that is a fucking pound of lentils every single day. you're nuts.

vegetarianbodybuilding.com/vegan-bodybuilding-fitness-future/

Robert Cheeke eats a 70% carbohydrate, 15% protein diet. Does he look like a weakling to you?

Is that a real question?

It's really easy.

Gotta use red lentils. For some reason the texture gets weird with any other color. Anyways...

2/3 Cups of red lentils. Let it soak in water until they are soft, like 2-3 hours (I just throw it in the fridge over night).

Drain it. Put it in a blender with 1/2 cup water.
This is also a fine time to add seasonings if you want. For pizza crust, I add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon oregano. Blend it until it is relatively smooth (doesn't have to be perfect). It won't be doughy; it will be almost liquidy.

Put it on a sheet pan. You can oil it first or put it on parchment paper if you want to make it easier to peel off. Spread it out with a spatula or something if it you want to make it evenly flat. Bake it at 375 farenheit for 25ish minutes.

That's it. Tasty as fuck. Higher protein than most bread, and no grains (if you're one of the people trying to limit your grain intake).

I'll give it a try tomorrow, thx friend.

he looks like a vegan, there is no doubt about that.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

>4200 calories total
jfc. How does one decide they need to eat 4200 calories in a day?

Fairlife milk has a rediculous amount of protein. I'm not vegan so not sure if it fits that category. Anybody else drink Fairlife milk?

says the idiot

Seitan. 75 grams of protein per 100 grams. Delicious as fuck if cooked right.

Fairlife is my jam. More protein, more calcium, lactose-free and small enough to fit in my tiny dorm fridge.

The person who first brought up the issue of non-complete proteins outside of animal sources later corrected himself upon realizing how easy it is to get a complete protein every day. Like consider legumes. They have high protein content but aren't complete. But that means they may still have 20 or so essential amino acids, only missing 1 or 2. So you can supplement that with something else that is comparably lower in carbs, say a whole grain like farro. Or even better, consume seitan which is 75% protein by weight and you'll have no issue reaching 200g of protein (if you for some reason wanted to) even on a cut.

pls no bully

>200g of protein a day

Nice tank top right there, i wonder what diet he uses.... fucking vegans man, they cant blink once without advertising their antinatural lifestyle. I hope that some day the paralympics start acepting vegans too!!