QTDDTOT

If I were to use only dumbbells to train legs due to access, what would be my best choices of exercise?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/198798-thermogenic-foods-list/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

One legged squat, goblet squat, lunges

Goblet squat until you can do weighted pistol squats

Are plie/sumo squats any better than Goblet? They seem easier to progressively load. But also more limited in range of motion

So weighted pistol squats are the next best thing to barbell squats? Thanks for the input

Can I eat normal potatoes on a cut?

una pregunta patron, what would happen to my body if i remove almost all carbs and fat shit from my diet and eat healthier and heavy protein meals without working out and staying at the same amount of calories?

example:

A- 2.5k cal a day mostly pasta and bread stuff not working out

B- 2.5k cal a day of mostly meat, veggies,eggs etc

Forgot to say also B doesnt have working out

Can one reach single digit body fat percentage without cardio and just lifting?

I think I'm getting kind of chubby while bulking, but winter is approaching and I don't know if I should cut.

I'm 177lbs, 5'8", have no belly gut, but have a lot of lower back fat causing love handles making me look like I have wide hips.

Current stats:
265lbs squat
125lb OHP
195lb bench

What should I do? Should I reach a higher milestone than just that? I still feel so weak. Should I bulk one more month? Please help me.

all squats and lunges

theoretically yes but not a good option

you would be healtier

should you according to what? its your psychology. bulk if u wanna get big and can afford bein chubby, cut if you are too icky about bein chubby. its not rocket science. take the responsibility so u dont complain when you are not satisfied.

yes

>its not rocket science. take the responsibility so u dont complain when you are not satisfied.

It's my understanding that bulking season is winter and cutting season is summer.

It's about to be winter soon and if I cut now, I'd be finished around when it's over.

Why not a good option? Would regular potatoes affect cutting results?

its a high gi carb
it does

Are incline bench press and weighted dips enough for an aesthetic chest? Is flat even necessary?

>you would be healthier
thanks but what does that imply? any change in appearance,less fat etc?

there is no bulk cut seasons. do however u want

>It's about to be winter soon and if I cut now, I'd be finished around when it's over.
ok then do that? or dont if u dont wanna?

Best carb sources for cutting?

You're right. I can just cut and bulk for however I want and create any "seasons" I want.

I think I'll just go until the end of october so I can hit a little over 315lb squat, almost 225lb bench, and a little over 135lb ohp

dont u know what is health dude? are u retarded?
healthy body fat, more muscle, better immune system, absence of false hunger, good leptin receptors, bowel movements, cells of your body are doin what they should do, proper mood, intellect and hormones etc etc

Do I count my gym workouts as calories burned or is that pure in/out and cardio?

If so, how the hell do I work it out?

>are u retarded?
yes, thanks though

finally
you are your own boss. embrace your decisions and results. man up.

dark green vegetables

I've heard a lot about how fast food is bad and all, but is eating one Mc Donald's meal every day really that bad? I usually eat two quarter pounders during lunch.

But they're so low calorie. And I'm already including veg in my diet. Once I hit my protein and fat macros, what other carbs can fill the void to hit my cal intake. Baked beans are alright right?

yes it is

you dont need grains if you are cutting

Is there a common way to calculate how many calories I need a day for cutting without losing muscle. I want to go to the gym 2 times a week max, and not for long.

to add to that: im looking to do this for 1-2 months, and then bulk, probably continue SL5x5(just stopped).

is coke zero unhealthy?

Is it safe to eat as much veg as you want?

Hey Veeky Forums, I suffer from lower cross syndrome (pic related). I noticed that I subconsciously tilt towards a donald duck posture, I stick my butt out and hyperextend. As a result, I have recurring lower back and disc issues which make it difficult to squat and deadlift.

As you can see from the picture, I have super weak abs and glutes, as well as retardedly tight back and hip flexors. I stretch the latter daily, but I need to strengthen the former.

I looked up bill starr's stuff on core and lower back injuries, and I do good mornings with a broomstick as well as hamstring curls on the machine (which work glutes and hamstrings nicely), but are there any other exercises you can recommend? My abs are particularly dogshit - girls can hold planks longer than me, which is why I regularly plank, but are there any other exercises? Are stomach vacuums a meme? Are there any good resources for that stuff?

Massive thanks for everything guys

What're some good exercises to increase hip strength and flexibility? I have tight hip flexors due to being sedentary most of the time.

im looking for an app that counts calories without bloat. myfitnesspall is fucking horrible because I only use 2% of the app. I just want to check calories of foods, maybe make a list, then wipe it at the end of the day. I don't want the app to track my life, I don't care to look back and see how I've done in my life.

So what's the alternative here lads?

Wait, sticky says it's all just up to taste preference and the differences are pretty negligible.

If working exclusively with dumbbells, can I just take any barbell routine and do the equivalent dumbbell exercises?

What is your pants size and how much does it vary on bulks and cuts?

whats the best things to eat while bulking?

highest protien and calorie foods?

also is it worth getting mass gainer if i am pretty shit at cooking/buying foods

i find it easier to take mass gainer in than a chicken breast

So which is it?

If I'm doing SL 5x5 but with dumbbell bench presses how should I increase the weights?
Or should I use the smith machine?
I don't have anyone who could spot me

If you're shit at cooking and buying foods then get better at cooking and buying foods. You will eat several times a day every day until you die so if you want to live well then you'll need to eat well. You're on the internet so ignorance is no excuse. Learn.

like everyone else has said, goblet squats, lunges, pistol squats (later on)

i'd add bulgarian split squats as well

you can also do both standing and seated calf raises using only dumbbells. look up how to do DB versions on youtube

SL has you add 5 lbs per workout until you fuck up three times, then deload. I suppose you could do the same thing with DBs, although you're going to hit a wall when you inevitably exceed the weight of DBs at your gym. You really ought to be using a barbell unless you have some incredible excuse. If you're going to a real gym, just get some random dude to spot you. He'll probably agree and you'll make a friend.

In general, which is better -- splitting your exercises into an A/B routine (AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx) or an A/B/C one (ABCABCx)?

I've done routines that fit both of these models, and I always feel like the A/B ones leave me with more energy and get my numbers up, but I love the feeling of working out erryday on A/B/C routines, and I like how it makes my daily workouts more time-efficient.

where should you ohp and barbell row in the gym?

never done them before or seen anyone do them so i dont have a clue whats expected when setting up to do them.

Why does my stomach ache after drinking smoothies? All I do is blend pre-frozen fruit with water.

Pro hormones. These chemicals like trenavar and msten that are a like a nitrogen bond or a ketone away from a proper steroid. Are these legit?

I took a progress pic yesterday and don't think I'm gonna make it

Veeky Forums I fucked up. I got a bunch of rolled oats rather than the good shit (stealcut, pinhead, Irish, whatever you wanna fucking call them). What am I in for? I usually cook a fuckload over the weekend and eat them for breakfast everyday, will the rolled shit keep in the fridge and reheat as well as the other shit?

Also, the packaging recommends that I use semi-skimmed milk, should I just ignore that and follow regular Veeky Forums guidelines?

Started dieting at 145kg/183cm the 20th of July, with a sport nutritionist diet (mostly to avoid having to figure out a meal plan) and initially he put me on a 2200-1800 diet on lif/rest days with 2 free meals per week.

I am now at 138kg after switching halfway through to a low carb / lower calorie diet which has caused me to not being able to progress with lifts anymore (was doing one of the classic thrice per week LPs out there).

I am consuming around 1500-1600 kcal per day keeping track with MFP, and except in some occasions (like 2 times during september) I havent consumed pasta/bread/pizza/simple carbs in general if not from fresh non starchy vegetables.

I don't see any difference in the mirror, just clothes feel baggier. Still, this does not look like a good enough progress as I think i should be losing slighly more wich such a restrictive diet.

What am I doing wrong? However accurate the TDEE calculators are, 1500 kcalories for someone of my size should be low enough to be shedding weight enough to see differences on a weekly basis, am I right? Should I go lower? Should I put carbs back in?

I don't think i am underestimating calories as 99% of my meals are homemade and cooked by myself, and weighed on a kitchen scale.

Help me out plox.

Question about coffe. is it bad? I don't think it is, but maybe caffeine is not good at all.
I'm taling about coffe here, not starbucks milkshakes. coffe, milk, sugar. that's it.

>bad posture causes my right foot to spin inwards during squats
>its also probably the reason my right hip hurts after running

how to fix

cut on sugar and you are fine

youve done a fuckton of job already lad

keep at it

I posted yesterday but only got one reply.

I think I injured my shoulder doing chin ups ( probably back when i was doing close grip chins), now when i try to do a diamond push up i can't do a single one, my shoulder will give up mid movement and i will hit the ground, but i can do normal push ups just fine.

Is there anything i can do to fix this, stretches, different form, or i need to stop doing chin ups for a while and rest?

I had the same problem, for me it was due to my right ankle being less flexible than my left
bought lifting shoes and stretched more and the problem went away

Take a few days rest. If it's still hurting then go seek a doctor.

Had the same problem, before squats do side lunges to stretch out inner thighs and also get on the machines that spread your legs and close your legs they are easy to spot. Make sure to set a weight you can probably hit around 15 times twice.

Anyone had experience with myprotien? Was thinking of getting this, how is it?

Thanks man. I think I'm gonna try to work on patience gains

So I've been doing the modified SS in the sticky for a few weeks now, and I just found out that you're not supposed to be doing every accessory every workout because i'm a retard, so basically i'm doing weighted incline sit-ups, dips, hypers, and pull ups every workout. Is this bad? Also, I really want to blast my core, would it be fine to do daily bodyweight core routines?

Fuck off shill. You are making the same shitty post every day. Whatever you are selling is definetely not different from regular creatine.

Sure, whatever keeps you motivated.

Are fat burners really effective?

A-anyone?

SKATEBOARD SQUATS LIKE UNCLE SCOOB TAUGHT US YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

I'm literally asking if it's comparable/is regular creatine because I've never bought it before

Have you recalculated your TDEE after you dropped some weight?

If I only have dumbells and a pull up bar, what is the best exercise to make twinks want my d?

I'll try taking a week of rest.

But, thinking better now i never felt anything in my shoulder while doing chin ups, only other movements... still, it was probably caused by chin ups.

Bodyweight progression and swimming

You mean thermogenics? And yes, but you still have to diet and exercise properly. All they really do is act as an appetite suppressant and increase your metabolic rate.

Is incline leg press worth my time for quad development?
Also, whenever I do back day my hands tend to get torn up and I feel like I'm not getting the best workout possible because of that, how to fix?

So I bought 22 pounds of myprotein and noticed it has barely any calories in it.

Playing theoreticals here and wanting an extreme example of it (I eat lots of food), but what would happen to my body (muscle, fat) if I got my sole calorie intake from that and milk? Let's say I took 200 grams a day from it.

Would I still be gaining muscle mass and such? It's basically like the 36 egg whites guy. What does this do to your body?

I'm in a lot of survival situations a lot of the time. As in, out in the wild with no access to water.

But I consume way too much water compared to most people. I need A LOT more than average to avoid heat strokes and shit. Does getting fit (If i'm skinny, not fat)/working out a certain way make that better?

>how2 become camel

The new TDEE should not affect much as I already am at the low end of the acceptable caloric consumption, I think? I mean, these 8kg of fat/water should not have a big impact on the expenditure anyway. Am I wrong?

Fatfuck here. Started lifting 4 months ago, went from 190lbs to 210lbs, I'm 6feet. Put on a relatively good amount of muscle mass so I think about cutting. I lifted casually 2 years ago but then stopped.

Question is, how much/quick will my lifting numbers fall when I start cutting? Aiming for 1800 cal daily and lift 4 times a week.

Currently at: 185lbs bench, 95lbs OHP, 205lbs squat. Not doing deadlift because of hand malformation.

Kinda want to reach the 2pl8 bench because it looks kewl.

I use caseine protein when I cut and it tends to help me keep my numbers pretty stable

Any advantage of casein on whey (that I currently take)?

I know whey reaches a faster peak concentration, not sure how it would play on mass gain/loss tho.

Whats everyone's opinion on using hot sauce for it's health benefits in meals

The left vein on my neck has become prominent and feels really firm to the touch. There's also a constant ache accompanying it, like if it's being pinched.
Is this from lifting? Should I rest a few days?

Go to the doctor right away, could be something really bad

what health benefits? Isn't most hot sauce just peppers and sugar?

Can I get from skinny fat to otter from doing push-ups and pull-ups and sit-ups and dips until fatigue? Would I have to still eat 500 over or would maintenance be fine

How much fiber does someone need per 2000 calories?

I haven't been pooping solid for the last few days. I do have some psyllium husk in-case I need some big amounts.

I have a weird knot in my back right above my right hip bone, to the side of my spine. If I do squats and deadlifts will it help? I think I just have weak hips.

I slipped a disk (minor) a while back. I tried doing some light squats a week ago, but could feel the pain afterwards.

what does one do when they cannot squat? should I an hero? Leg press with accessories?

You can use both. Whey is good for post workout recovery, I usually take caseine before bed. Iknow theres a few types that have both mixed in

Can one just do flat bench for chest to get a decent one? Flat trains overall chest right?

they have it in bulk powder. 2 lb bag on the cheap cheap

I meant hot foods/peppers in general. Supposedly it boosts metabolism, and the active ingredient that makes food hot is anti-cancer among other things.

That sounds like complete mom science and I have seen nothing to support it.

Pull ups (weighted) + sprints = above average body?

livestrong.com/article/198798-thermogenic-foods-list/

>tfw skipped again today
oh well at least im cutting nothing much to lose
I played videogames all day 2 weeks till uni starts again
Im enjoying myself but still feel a bit guilty desu

Thanks lad

how much gains am i losing if i lift and eat at maintenence as opposed to cut bulk cut bulk etc
as a former fatty bulking makes me feel like shit
also clothes fit like shit all around

Will farmer's walk five aesthetic forearms or only benefits powerlifting