6'1
195 lbs.

Weight routine
Weighted dips - 35 lbs. 5 by 5
Weighted pull ups - 20 lbs. 5 by 5
Incline Dumbbells - 150 lbs. (75 each) 5 by 5
T-bar row 135 lbs. 5 by 5
Bench 205 lbs. 5 by 5

Injured back and can't do any squats or deads.
I run hill sprints on treadmill once or twice too.

195 lbs at 6'1 doesn't sound like lanklet mode.

6'2
130 lbs
I was doing a dumbbell only routine that was just for my arms and traps at the start of summer, but I stopped after a month because my shoulder and elbow joints started to hurt like a bitch. It took them a while to recover and my shoulder will still hurt if I sleep on it.

6'0"
Used to be 140 lbs, now 180. Here's me OHPing 1 plate tonight.
Ectomorph isn't a real thing, we just don't eat enough.
My advice is just eat more.

>still believing in somatotypes in relation to fitness

I used to be 6'3 154lbs, now I'm 6'3@about 210lbs. I actually did bodyweight for the first three years, now I'm on 5/3/1.

6'7, 200lb
At my height its pretty much impossible to not be an "ectomorph" unless im either obese or have been training for years.

There is a guy at my gym who is as tall as me and actually looks filled out, so he really motivates me. Never spoken to him tho desu

Can you really even accurately tell your somatotype if you're brutal underweight?

Seen a few people that looked flat ecto before they started lifting, then once they reached their prime there was no doubt they were meso the whole time.

That's because somatotypes don't actually exist.

Yeah, if you're very skinny, then youre an ecto, but if you put on muscle then you become a meso.

Its not like you are born an ecto and will always be an ecto no matter what.
Then again there is probably a factor of frame, so some people have a wide frame and lend themselves to be endomorphs and others have very thin and tend to be ecto.
You just have to make to with what you've got

I used to think I was an ectomorph

Then I started eating more and realized these 'body types' are complete bullshit

>tfw endomorph manlet

they do exist, just not in the sense of difficulty in gaining weight.
For example an ectomorph usually comes with a short torso in comparison with their longer arms and legs. Such a person has advantages in doing deadlifts, while bench and squats(only if the femurs are long) are going to be hard

5'11"
134 -> 160 lbs in 6 weeks
SL 5x5 with dips and chins
hit 1pl8 dl like 2-3 weeks ago
squat now slightly above 1 pl8

>tfw body of Ectomorph but with endomorp face

Fucking shit.

I think it's a quite complex topic. For example I have wide shoulders, narrow hips, medium wrists, but I have girly hands. I put on muscle ok () but there just are a few genetic things that you cant change.

fucking retard your joints need longer breaks than actual muscle tissue
goodluck holding a glass of water after you're 50

What the fuck are you trying to say

130-140 6'2

Help

broscience university

Eat more

6'1" 135>170
Squat 175lb
DL 195lb
Bench 160lb
Row 135lb
OHP 100lb

tendons take longer than muscles to repair/rest

So endomorphs have no nose and knees?

Oh thanks and here all I thought all valid science knew what it was talking about

But your anecdotal opinion-based evidence trumps that and has changed my mind good work user

>6'1
>about 155
>what ?
>after a year of lifting i look like a normal person who never touched weights with abs, a slightly wider back and a slightly wider chest

all in all not bad for my age and for my starting point, but i'll admit i half-assed my nutrition, training and sleep for the most part of my first year of lifting, second year will be the year of sick gains mark my words

i'm now autstically tracking macros
i'm spending more time in the gym doing more shit
i don't know how to solve the sleep problem since i'm a student and this year's gonna be pretty rough but i think i'll manage

I agree, its less a classification system and more of a scale based thing.

Some things like frame you cant change, so you might always be at least a bit more of one thing, if for example you have wide hips you will probably never be a full meso or ecto.

Most other things are very subject to change, so a lanklet can become a lot more like a meso and a fatty can lose weight to become more like a meso or ecto

I think I broke out of it but fuck it...
Started at the end of February, fucked around a bit with routines and settled down in the last 3-4 months.

(former) Ecto + wide hips reportan

>height: 185cm - 6'1''
>weight: 86kg - 190lbs (started from 79 in Feb, but was 70 the year before)
>bicep: 35cm - 13.7 in
>waistline: 88cm - 34in
>hips: 102cm - 42in
>shoulders: (side to side) 54cm - 21 in
from what I've seen and from the compliments I get it seems my shoulders have been the biggest improvement. praise the Press

Squat: Bar ----> 90kg x5
Bench 35-40 ---->75kg x5
OHP Bar------>45kg x5
Deadlift 30------->115kg x5

>mfw I just really realized what leg drive feels like in the deadlift

nothing to get upset over friend.
Nobody said everybody has to belong to one, they're general groups with certain characteristic that someone came up with. some people will have characteristic from one group and the other, some will have all
Also levers are part of physics...
yep

>this meme thread again

No such thing as "body type". Just little bitches who won't eat what they need to bulk up

>So endomorphs have no nose and knees
Can confirm
T endomorph

Your hands are waaaaay to wide for an OHP. What were you actually doing?

I'm you but stronger

i am noticing a trend. only 6 footers are posting. are you guys estatting your height as well now?

hahaha oh Veeky Forums you funny

Or maybe the OP specifically said "ectomorph thread"
and ectomorphs tend to be tall

>5'10"
>110 lbs

Yes I'm mr skeltal thank me.
Been a week since started lifting. Have no idea of what I'm doing. Wanna become otter till december 31 and maybe aesthetic in couple years. Been reading on the subject. Gym instructors honestly aren't that much brighter than me. Of course they'll tell me what I want to hear, not what I need.

Might find out I'm not even ecto. Just really fucking bony.

Taking suggestions, especially diet-related.

5'7
125lbs
Put fork downs
Slowly but yes

some of u guys are tiny ! I'm 6'3 175. I moderately lift and run a lot but the main training comes from climbing. am I an ecto?

How does one get a girl like this

>This is what people think when they only read headlines.

Varying body types exist without question.

The debunked aspect of somatotypes was the personality theory.

You're just parroting things you've been told without understanding them.

>6"1
>started @ 140-150 lbs
>atm 190 lbs
This was a looong way. Over 3 years of lifting and still looking like a pussy w/o a shirt if the light is not good or I am over 12% of BF.

Here's photo of my best shape(|few pounds of muscles less than now but with lowest BF ever - around 6%)

I grew up skinny af, inverted chest, never had muscles & weighed around 165 with huge thighs from playing basketball my whole life.

My little brother played college basketball at a acc school. He was 6'5" & weighed 195 lbs. we were both ectomorphs.

Once I learned how to eat right, I've become more of a meso but only because I eat a ton all the time and I practice progressive overload. My wrists are tiny but I'm few years into and very happy with my results.

I have a friend who is a endomorph with massive wrists and forearms (think Popeye) and he just started lifting after 20 years quitting.

Body types is definitely a real thing that matters. It's doesn't mean you can't gain or lose weight or gain strength it's just allows you to maximize your results much quicker once you understand your body and what it is naturally good at versus what will be more challenging.

Diet is more important than body type but knowing about body types is huge, it's definitely not bullshit just because some here don't understand it

6'1 @ 147 lbs. I was convinced I was a hard gainer. Started tracking calories and realized I was just eating a shit load of dinner and not eating much any time else. Began eating breakfast and eating between meals. Now I'm 169 lbs 2 months later.

This hard gainer ectomorph bullshit is the same shit but opposite to what the fatasfatasses do. There's not one "ectomorph" here who's eating >3500 kcal regularly and struggling* to gain weight.

*unless tapeworm

Fucking retarded
Why are you posting if you dont know shit

Have great body, job, 1-3 interesting hobbies and don't be over 50% autistic.

The problem is that being tall, even though skinny makes your tdee much higher than a shorter blockier fellow, so you can eat a lot more than most people and not gain muscles.
For years I was nicknamed "back hole" by my family becauae I ate everything in front of me and what others left

1.96m

86kg

Strong lifts with dips and pull-ups

Squat 92.5 kg
Bench 57.5 kg
Deadlift 115 kg
Row 47.5 kg
OHP 37.5 kg

I started 3 months ago with a little less than 80 kg.

>all these nonironic responses
>almost no one calling out the somatotype bullshit

And to think these is the people giving you fitness advice

dude i eat three big meals every day and i just cant put on any weight i eat peanut butters and some beans i dont know what im doing wrong even drink one cup of milk in the afternoon between meals

Read the fucking sticky

That feel when Neandermorph with orange beard but Saipan brown hair.

Cron just want to survive.

calculate tdee, add 500 kcal

practical tips, make weightgainer shakes with a few tablespoons of peanutbutter and coconut oil (that can easily add up to 1000 kcal)

Doing 5x5 SL for 1 month

Weight 90kg
Height 191cm

Haven't done max, all weights are 5x5.

Bench press 50kg -> 85kg
Squat 60kg -> 110kg
OHP 35kg -> 52.5kg
Rows 50kg -> 82.5kg
DL's doing with 127.5 kg, because i don't have more plates.

Currently on cal deficit, around 2000+- cals a day.

6'3" height
6'5" wingspan (kill me)
20 yo
~185lbs
~17%bf

Routine is PPL with focus on hypertrophy and the main lifts
Lifts are 1rm with full ROM and done slowly
Squat 205 (going up about 5lbs a week)
Bench 160 (increasing by 5lbs a week)
Deadlift ~250 (stopped doing them because of interference with squat due to mobility)
Not sure what ohp 1rm is

I've improved a lot over the past few months, so yes.

>6'0"
You're not a lanklet

You guys are wrong no matter how many times you say the same stuff or how sarcastically you say it.

Ignore these guys if you are serious about you Veeky Forumsness and health.

fuark, mirin hard.
is that achievable natty?

6' 140lb

was at 129lb about 1-2 months ago

doing SL, starting/current lifts

>OHP: bar (couldn't rep it once) > 70lb x 5
>bench: bar (for barely any reps, srs) > 90lb x 5
>squat: bar > 155lb x 5
>deadlift: 90lb x 5 > 175lb x 5
>pendlay row: 55lb x 5 > 100lb x 5

getting a bar installed at home so I can start practicing my chins/pullups properly, still got a LONG way to go but it's nice to look back on progress no matter how small it is and just appreciate it, keep it up lads

>ectomorph scum detected
You enjoying life on easy mode?

>You're just parroting things you've been told without understanding them.

Dude the entire thing was composed by a sociologist, with no medical background, from an unrelated study, using pictures of a hundred or so naked college kids.

There's zero fucking backing to this and your use of it is merely conclusory opinion because it fits your world view.

Keep deluding yourself instead of working harder

Download an app to log your food. I use myfitnesspal but any will do.

Make sure you get at least 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh daily at a minimum.
So if you weigh 150 lbs. be sure to get a minimum of 150 grams of protein.

Consume 3000-4000 calories a day.

Your body will gain weight if you are consistent, it has no other choice. It's all science

Lots of backing it up from experience from myself and my friends who have lifted for years. Keep thinking it doesn't matter or isn't real and stay in the dark. Feel free to drive blind. I did for years and didn't like the gym.

Then I learned about high intensity interval training and among many other things, body types. (Do you think that "High Intensity Interval Training is bullshit as well?)

Have you ever lifted heavy weights over an extended period of time(say 9 months minimum)?

Understanding your body's natural tendencies is a major piece of the puzzle that I wish I had found much earlier in life. That's what knowing your body type does for you.

>Lots of backing it up from experience from myself and my friends who have lifted for years.

>thinking anecdotal evidence means anything

My bf is currently 6'2 130ish pounds. He tells me he wants to gain weights but he doesn't know how.

I'm trying to get him to eat better, and hit the gym with me. What things should he be eating?

You're right. My life experience means nothing. It's a coincidence that once I paid attention to this subject I just coincidentally got big and stronger exponentially.

I see what you mean and I will now go back to being skinny af and weak af. Thank you!!!!

question to all fellow lanklets skeletons out there who gained weight, does it change your face alot? I mean the only thing going on for me is my sharp jaw and i dont want to lose that by gaining weight
im skelly close ottermode btw

>You're right. My life experience means nothing.
Glad we agree.

>The debunked aspect of somatotypes was the personality theory.
The whole thing was debunked, bro.

There are differences in bodies, but they don't magically coincide with three body types.

It's called varying levels of testosterone, myostatin, estrogen, metabolism, etc.

Trying to force them into three categories is dumb, and trying to mix and match three categories to find your magic snowflake configuration is even dumber. It's nearly as useless as fatties complaining about genetics.

Somatypes were invented by a psychologist who practiced phony fucking psychology that nobody believes anymore.
You're an idiot if you think somatypes are real.

6'1 at 160 lbs but I used to be about 135. Took me 8 months of on and off again lifting to get here but I started getting serious in july.

>me

how many cals r u eatin a day

stupid q.

6ft 150 lbs skinnyfat wishing to be otter/cut

should I still bulk up? or should I just eat at maintenance and cardio

Lanky grappler checking in. Finding a gi was a terrible experience. Then someone on this board gave me this link:
Lankyfg.com
Feels good man.

Why wouldn't it be? Nothing is huge. His chest is well developed, but not to the interior edge (ie cleavage). His abs are flat, and defined, not sticking a half inch up from their cuts. His shoulders are also well developed, but his front delts are not bulging like you'd see in roiders. He's medium big with very low body fat.

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/02/im-hardgaining-ectomorph-and-stuart.html

6'4" 140-190
Bench 225
Deadlift 315
Squat 275
Overhead 135

>tfw people still believe in the morph meme

If I'm 6'1", slender frame with broad shoulders; am I an ecto, or a meso that doesn't eat and/or does too much cardio?

3x5 (@ 170lbs)
Bench: 135
Squat: 175
Diddly: 225