Fellow Ausfags, where do you go for quality weightlifting equipment without breaking the bank?

Fellow Ausfags, where do you go for quality weightlifting equipment without breaking the bank?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/EVINCO-7ft-Olympic-Chrome-Straight-Barbell-7-86-Weight-Lifting-Bar-Collars-/291774866779?hash=item43ef23255b:g:wxUAAMXQh8NTcea0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just pay $30 a month to go to Gym

Fucking this.

>$425+
>£250

not as bad as I thought but your currency is fucked

Gymdirect.com.au

nasty chinese shit but solid nonetheless and will do the job

ebay

But as above, I've bought some stuff from gymdirect

And Raw Fitness is literally around the corner from them

eBay and gumtree desu

Contact a powerlifting gym like PTC. They usually have used bars for sale.

>buying brand name barbells
kek

I bought a ~£50 generic barbell.
>is a bar
>can put weights on it
>max weight 320kg

Careful with those. A lot of them the listed weight is the point at which they'll just break, not the weight at which they'll start warping.

Gumtree if you don't care about second hand.

Sam's Fitness will hook you up if you want new stuff.

It's alright I'm a very long way from getting anywhere near 320kg on anything

Yeah, but a lot of those '320' bars will start permanently deforming at sub-200 weights.

ebay.co.uk/itm/EVINCO-7ft-Olympic-Chrome-Straight-Barbell-7-86-Weight-Lifting-Bar-Collars-/291774866779?hash=item43ef23255b:g:wxUAAMXQh8NTcea0

Check the video

must have used finest grade steel for a 32 mm bar to whip like that at 320 kg

>bar bounces slightly when being lifted by a forklift with 320kg on
>stop the presses

have the ohio power bar 20 kg. ask me anything

Did you hate yourself after submitting the order?

are you poor?

I'm asking the questions here.

ABC Bars can have decent knurling if you get the right type.

Get some Muscle Motion iron plates for 3.50 per kg, squat stands and a bench and you can have a fully functional SS gym for under $1100.

Get some bumpers if you have the money.

anyone know where to get adidas adipowers in aus lads?

Is it more aggressively knurled than a TPB or ABC deep fine knurl, or Iron Edge power bar?

Does it whip?

more than the TBP, can't comment on the others.
the knurling definitely doesn't hurt you.
only one time when I practiced squat failes and tested safety settings, it was eating away on my back when I tried to walk out after failure. had some dark marks on my neck for a few days but other than that, if you use it correctly and keep your calluses in check it's perfect and will not hurt you

it doesn't whip at all which is very nice when you move in squat position for example. very easy to balance
this is supposed to be a disadvantage when dl'ing heavy, but I'm not there yet

I need to add, the safety was too low ofc. if you put it on the correct setting you can walk out without the bar scratching off your skin

sams fitness. I go the ATX bulls bearing bar and it's pretty good, they have good quality generic bars and ATX power bars too. bumper weights are better quality than Gym Direct too.

>32mm

Yeah have fun doing deadlifts with a 32mm bar. Good bars are 28-29mm for a reason because anything past that is a pain the ass to grip, and you can forget hook grip.

>Triple-coat chrome finish

Cheap chrome splinters easily and since they have to apply so many coats, it fills in the knurl and makes the grip problem worse.

>Hex bolt sleeve

Which means awful spin so you can never do an olympic anything with it.

and to top it all off, the bar in the video isn't even the same bar as in the pictures. The centre knurl is about 3 inches longer in the video. Fact is, the bar stock (cold rolled steel) required for a decent quality barbell costs way more than they're selling that bar for. Conclusion: it's hot rolled shit.

i strongly recommend rogue; never been to a gym with higher quality weights than i now have at home, you'll love this shit