really, really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tneKwarw1Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=oU0uNGUxdyo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>MTV
>relevant
pick uno

>it's a progressives pretend gender roles are imaginary and have no basis in biology episode

Man MTV is desperate for viewers or something.

Stuff like this reminds me that beta cucks who got bullied in high school are now in media.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being into fitness, sports, and drinking beer with your bros. There are douche bags everywhere no matter what you pick. Example, the fat neckbeard DM when I tried to join a friend's D&D game.

do americunts really have parties like that?

i mean that's like niggerish as fuck

I thought the guy that looks like leonardo decaprio that the video keeps flashing will make the protagonist get bum-whipped while he goes and gets his girl, successfully exploiting his insecurities.

Anyway, do americlaps really batter each other's asses?

kinda hot desu
>n-no homo though

If your not familiar with fraternities you won't understand

>Absolutely nothing wrong with being into fitness, sports, and drinking beer with your bros.
They're not saying that it's wrong to do these things, they are saying that many people are pigeon-holed into them because they are insecure (imo) or pressured (in their opinion) to feel masculine.

And I can agree. If you want to do poetry or knitting or fashion but you don't because you feel too embarrassed, you are the only cuck here.

>it's a pseudo-conservatine pretend like I understand science while actually just cherrypicking outdated studies and relying on oversimplified reductionist thinking, and do so only when it suits my ideology but rail against anything remotely scientific and claim it's a jewish trick when it doesn't episode

>oh boy

Mtv is shit and has been for years...

>every culture on the planet throughout the entire length of human history has the same basic universal gender norms
>they've all been wrong this entire time

Demonstrate how he did any of that?

Oh you can't?

You mean you just come here and post the same redit tier responses when you get triggered regardless of context?

>DUDE MARGRET MEADE SAID THAT ONE TRIBE ON THE ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACIFIC DID THINGS DIFFERENTLY
>checkm8 boys!

man, civilization is too short to have actually left all past stuff

in fact we can see it actually shifting now but it's still too early to make a radical change

you can't expect at a larger scale to women to like feminine men and men to like muscular woman, it just doesn't work like that

obviously violence is a bad thing but the law code already has an eye on that, so saying that masculinity is violent is stupid because what is already unlawful about masculinity the laws already take care of it, what is lawful about masculinity isn't in the legal code and isn't illegal

It isn't illegal to have obnoxious opinions, or to be a douchebag, it's illegal to hit someone because you are douchebag or you have obnoxious opinions, big difference

Dude's got shit pong game.

>"Drink beer, not wine"
>"Order beef, not chicken"

This is insecurity, not really anything to do with "toxic masculinity". Never heard of a dude getting ripped on for having a glass of wine or ordering chicken. As long as you're not having something gay like Skinny Girl wine, who gives a fuck?

Same with the "steer clear of the arts", "too much reading", etc.

I'm going to university, and have interacted with tons of people, including multiple fraternities, as much dude-bro culture as you can get. No one gives a shit if you're into any thing not attributed to "toxic masculinity". Fuck, I've met a handful of fraternity brothers who were openly gay, and multiple frats here will march in the local Gay Pride Parade.

Maybe it depends if you go somewhere like the American South, or maybe it really is an issue in America (I'm speaking as a Canadian lol). But I see absolutely none of what's presented in the video.

When will the West just fucking accept Islam?

It's better than winding up a numale and you can get a QT hijabi wife who WANTS you to be a man for her

Or you can be "progressive" like pic related

How many males are like that? not many at all.

Wait, are you telling me that liberals will distort facts and sterotype people falsely to promote their agenda?

Yeah, such as those that make men into warriors. But americlap fraternities =/= masculinity =/= the gender role men should have.

Taking an example from the video, if it's not the male gender role to be into arts, then how will the society develop in literature and philosophy?

To take an example derived from your thinking, modern household chores like cooking, cleaning, dishwashing are quick enough due to machinisation that women end up sitting at home doing nothing all day, and have time to work, but long enough that a combination of work + chores makes them stressed out. In this sort of economy, with this level of technology, is it not logical for men's gender role to help out their women and share some of the household chores e.g dishwashing?

>be liberal

>make so big fuzz in the nation, destroying everything in the way, misdirecting thousands of lives towards silly choices

>just because of dishwashing

>sitting eating a bag of chips
>see body like this
>feel shame
at least i can tell myself i'm bulking

I consider myself liberal, but maybe our definitions of "liberal" are different. Conservatives do the same thing (distort facts to promote their agenda). Moderate liberals are not represented by SJWs, just as moderate conservatives are not represented by Alt-Right autists. Separating politics into good and bad is dumb.

>MTV

Just a bunch of whiny guys who remain perpetually pissed about being picked last for every team sports event.

Am I the only one who actually wants to be that guy? - homo of course.

I don't understand this strawman at all. No guys I know are trapped in "rigid gender stereotypes." Most people are pretty damn accepting too.
Is this just a desperate attempt at pushing a feminist narrative?

>every culture on the planet throughout the entire length of human history has the same basic universal gender norms
Except they didn't. See: Samoa and Thailand for example.

>they've all been wrong this entire time
Kinda like they where wrong about shit like slavery, fucking kids being OK and the world being flat?
Besides I didn't say it was wrong: just implied that saying it all comes down to biology is oversimplifying matters. I has a basis in it, sure, as do all human capacities. But my beef is more with pseudo-conservatives misusing science when it suits them and dissmissing it as a product of world Jewery when it doesn't than with actual research into the biological aspects of gender.

If you actually understood any of the words I said, you'd know. You don't. You just see something that you don't understand and don't like and your mind just labels it as "reddit" or "tumblr" and you get butthurt. It's kinda like in 1984 when entire book-passages would get translated as simply "crimethink", except you just have a different word for crimial thoughts. PS You are the worst trip.

No problem with what you said, bro. I'd just add that violence can be justified sometimes.

And no, nothing wrong with masculinity. But is it truly "masculinity" when an insecure beta observes real men and learns by heart to pretend to be like them? Cause that's the case with the guy in the video.

Am I, personally, making a fuzz?

Are you going to answer my question or not? Should "traditional womens gender roles" like doing household chores be split?

Ya'll niggas need Jack Donovan

Actually art and literature is masculine

95% of great literary works have been written by men

When women major in English their favorite books are still shit like Harry Potter 95% of the time

I mean it's a pretty dramatic reenactment of college parties, but all that stuff does happen.

Also I don't understand wtf this video is trying to accomplish. It's just the most basic male gender role bullet points set to scary music and gritty imagery. I guess they're trying to imply that stereotypical male behavior is a curse and we won't truly be free or happy until we give up and become feminine, beta males

So you can't explain your reasoning

Big Brother is good because you say so

Understood

>gender roles aren't based in hormone levels
>proceeds to show a dude pin test and the roid rage

Masculinity isn't really subjective. One partial aspect of it is out competing other men and winning the approval of your peers.

That of course can be in any aspect of your life, including if you are in philosophy or the arts.

Women don't really have that competition in them unless they had some trauma in their life

why is being competitive being viewed as bad? are we not supposed to try to be the best we can in all aspects of our life anymore? i don't get it

depends on the house really, in some houses yes, in other no

some houses have male blue collar workers, and those jobs are too tiring to go home and start doing housework chores

other houses are upper class white collar workers, and there the chores could be split without issues

but honestly this is kind of pointless, we all know people hire other people to do household chores :^)

>convert to islam
>can't go to the gym, gotta pray
>can't drink, gotta pray
>can't show off my masculine facial features, got to wear this shitty disgusting dirty muslim beard on my face
>only cutting you get to do is beheading infidels

One clothes argue that gay men are pigeonholed into doing those effeminate activities by their female friends. Where is my psa to get gays out of fashion?

Exactly. And why isn't wine? Or cooking (best cooks in the world are men), or dancing (where would ballet be without male composers like Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky or Prokofiev? How many female composers are there anyway?) or anything? Masculinity is more about attitude than what you do specifically; about passion, strenght, dedication and excellence.

And yet I've been called a "faggot" multiple times for liking books and poetry. And not love-poems written by lonely british women, epic shit from ancient Grece and Rome. Some guys do have a very narrow view of what masculinity is. They're insecure faggots hiding their insecurity behing a thin veener of pseudo-masculinity and I don't see why they should not be called out on this.

I'm just running a numbers game here, look at the top authors throughout history and tell me how many more have been men than women

(Young adult novels don't count)

This DESU. If anything, gay people create the stereotype of being "sissy" for themselves. I've known plenty of gay dudes who were incredibly masculine. Why does being gay imply that you need to drink wine, be catty, and be the obligatory token gay friend to a bunch of suburbanite hoes?

Women are just memes.

Veeky Forums should know this by now

I'd be happy to explain my reasoning, but you are a very stupid person. No offense, but I've been following your incoherent ramblings, and you are simply a person of low intelligence.

You see, I was doing the reverse thing of what he was doing (hence the similar phrasing), which is extrapolating from a hint or tendency evidence in the original material, and jumping to conclusions that the original thing may not actually warrant. This was done for humorous effect, but also as a jab at the pseudo-science and scientism prevalent on Veeky Forums and users who simply invoke “genetics”, “biology” or “science” without actually having any understanding of these things, and who happily reject scientific evidence when it does not suit them. Again, the original post was not necessarily guilty of any of this, much like the video itself was not guilty of what the original post claimed; we are instead dealing with what the Veeky Forums culture calls “bantz”.

Do you have other people read the posts aloud to you and then dictate responses to them? I ask because I find it hard to believe that you are literate, and because it would explain the occasional incoherence of your posts.

>the same MTV that pushed this shit for 6 seasons

life is funny

let's be fair, these are essentially italian numales

when radical islam stops fucking killing people.

This all makes sense when you realise it's a tragic film about a man living with autism. Who has to learn all of these social behaviours that he doesn't really comprehend. Normal people don't need to remind themselves how to act at all times, they just do, and it just so happens most men like traditionally masculine things, we're not just pretending because "society tells us to".
MTV should stop projecting their insecurities onto normal people.

The right does the same shit, but they're a lot more bullheaded about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tneKwarw1Yk

no homo

>implying you have to do any of that to be a muslim

As if every christian goes to the churh every week and prays before every meal and before going to bed
Only really religious people do that
Same thing in islam

Iamverysmart

>tfw in this day and age being a man is in itself being a rebel
>especially a normal male who adheres to western ideas
>especially a man who's proud to be a man
What a time to be Alive

me too user, or have him scream faggot at me while he ravenously pounds my bussy

It's an image thing. Some learn it from women (because they identify more with women as young men, because they're subconsciously aware of their gayness) and some just put up a front because reasons. Friend of mine is the most flamig homo ever, but whenever people start shit with him he changes completely (facial expression, voice, body language, the look in his eyes, etc.) and goes alpha and beats the shit out of them. Broke a guy's arm once. I asked him why he even bothers flaming out, and he didn't have a real answer. I think it makes people more relaxed; they don't see him as a threat. A ripped 6′ 2″ masc guy with a huge beard who is openly gay can be intimidating for people, I guess...

Idon'tunderstandirony
Idontgetbantz
Onewordmemereplies
Buttpain
Debilitatingturboautism

are you baiting?

do you actually believe that islam is at the same level than protestant christianity?

holy fuck you are such a retarded guy, go watch some videos to see how do they live you faggot

>Mfw when there are people who actually practice playing beer pong when not at parties

Wew lad, what a time to be alive

whats wrong with them killing people?

No you were not, you were trying to sound similar, but you just admitted that you can't go back and make any of the arguments you presented stand on their own

I'm demonstrating what an idiot you are for the rest of the thread, and it's just going over your head

No way, lefties have been more pushy lately

>you are a very stupid person. No offense
You are an utter moron who thinks he's smart; an excellent Dunning-Kruger specimen. I mean that in the nicest, totally non-offensive way possible.

See how that doesn't work?

If you're going to attempt to roast someone from your lofty anonymous perch, don't be a tool about it; just do it.

>are you baiting?
no

>do you actually believe that islam is at the same level than protestant christianity?
no islam is better

>holy fuck you are such a retarded guy, go watch some videos to see how do they live you faggot
sure ill go watch some "red pilled" youtube videos made by some autistic e-celeb

>numales

These are roid using, whore loving gumbas.

It's not like they have a beard and try to act like a man. I don't see the nu male association

It's funny. I was just thinking about this when I was watching the film. Ofc it couldn't actually be about an autistic man. No, they go with the tired old closeted gay man tropes. Sigh.

>American
>Alpha male = social conformist
getting literally cucked by africans... KEEK

are you a republican or democrat brandon?

youtube.com/watch?v=oU0uNGUxdyo

:^)

that picture is great in so many different ways

the thing is that from the right it is people from forums but from the left it is newspapers on medias that reach out to bigger audiences

shut up retard

did any other anons have a somewhat flipped experience growing up?

since i was in like 6th grade i liked lifting. I liked playing sports and being outdoors and active. Ive loved rock and metal, not that I hate other genres but I just naturally gravitated towards metal and rock mostly.

I like art and music but im pretty shit at both, I cant really draw a straight line and suck ass a guitar but i still can appreciate art or music or whatever and think theyre cool

Maybe I just grew up in a super liberal school system (New york till I was 18, then college in vermont) but who I was wasnt what everyone considered cool. Me liking rock and metal made people think I was weird or angry (i wasnt, im pretty lackadaisical honestly). Having muscles and tattoos and being an athlete werent pushed on me, I just thought they were cool - and honestly I think it made a lot of people uncomfortable with me instead of admiring me

at least in the end you still get pussy really easily because there are always girls into that type of guy, or at least guys they perceive to be that way

fuck off randy

I really meant no offense, though I know saying it can still sting. But that was not the intention, I didn't want to "roast" him, which is why I took the bait and spent time to write a playful/ironic response.

But he was low intelligence. Also he's an awful trip, but aren't they all? But I'm not saying he's a bad person, and intelligence is not a measure of a person's value. Plenty of horrible people are technically smart. SOL may very well be a kind, loyal person with wholesome values, he just happens to be stupid. I happen to be short-tempered, arrogant and have an addictive personality - we all have our flaws and I pointed his out. No reason to get your panties in a twist.

>it is a left wing trying to censor something that they don't approve
wow I am surprised

My entire family is muslim
Do you really think they film regular ass people and then put in on youtube?
they cherrypick families or groups of people who are outside the norm or extrmists so its more interesting for western people and to confirm the bs prejudice the govt is pushing
Normal muslims that dont live in saudi arabia or other wahabbi shitholes are regular people who dont care if you go to the mosque or pray daily or not

I know that's hard to accept if you get fed bullshit by the jewish media 24/7 but thats reality.

the coasts are more liberal, just like they said in the video

>it is a people slingling shit left and right and dividing into stupid groups without trying to actually resolve anything
End this world now.

>my entire family is muslim living in a western city with western ideals

yeah, unless you middle east

>they cherrypick families or groups of people who are outside the norm
no you got it wrong, YOU are outside the norm

It's because the socoopolitical demographics shifted in the past decade. MTV has always had programming that generally leaned left on the political spectrum if it had any political presence at all. But with the rise in much more outspoken leftism and internet culture becoming mainstream, the channel had to adjust to keep viewers. Just like how you wouldn't have seen Jersey Shore type shit on MTV in the early-mid 90's when grunge and alt-rock were the thing

unless you live in middle east your opinion doesn't matter*

you don't even have sharia law what kind of muslim you think you are lol

shi t tiert ataste

>guys, muslims are actually great people its just the media making them look bad

>jew are bad though

please go back to /pol/

>Kinda like they where wrong about shit like slavery, fucking kids being OK and the world being flat?
you don't know shit

Centrism is just another side, they just like to pretend like they're not. I'm all for a serious left-right discourse but this is not it. Shit-slinging, stereotyping and logical fallacies are what they are regardless of their origin, and personally that kind of bs from "my" side (which I will not state) bothers me more than from opponents.

Explain? My point, though badly expressed in my post, was simply that an idea having existed for a long time or being widespread does not validate it. Lots of people can be, and historically have been, wrong about lots of things for a long ass time. Argumentum ad antiquitatem, if you'll permit the smart-ass term, is the fallacy of thinking that "X is right because we have always done X".

>A BOO BOO BOO

>WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG AND DO THINGS MY WAY

:^)

i'll correct myself
*zionist jews

The college bro culture is anti-intellectual desu. Only few live that life though, calling it 'american male' is an overstatement and a generalization.

test post disregard sage

How's your reading comprehension?

>"I'm all for a serious left-right discourse" + refusing to state my side
>WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG + DO THINGS MY WAY
Pick one and only one.

I don't negotiate with the regressive left or the Frankfurt school, buddy.

The only thing I want to hear out of your mouth is the sound of broken teeth

It's not particularly but I no longer think anti-intellectual is a slur.

>what is Turkey

>we can't have this extreme, so we should all gravitate towards the other

turkey is worst turk, ffs they are the poster muslims

>kebab

Poster muslims? Turkey is the most westernized muslim country I can think of. Most women don't even wear headscarves.

Projection