Buying chicken in Toronto is the worst. Prices are so inflated

>tub of good whey protons is almost $90

fucking gains goblins

>greek yogurt
>$6 for 500g

$15+ for a little ass piece of fish

Just use canadianprotein for it.
Or costco

What the shit? In the US you can get chicken for 50 cents a pound.

No wonder leafs lack gains.

>eastern shore of Maryland
>Purdue, MountAire chicken producers
>literally the home of the walking bird of Gains
> $1 a pound for Breast

Fucking where do get get sub $2.00/lb chicken?

I get mine around 1.50 at Sam's never seen .50 cents

No ethical consumption under capitalism

in brazil we have it at 1kg for 12~15 reais (like 4$)

abs

5.5€/Kg spain

Wtf

You can get 5k of whey from canadianprotein $80

Chicken is alway like 99¢/lb around here. I used to have a hook up at a meat distributor, could get huge boxes of chicken for like $5.

>Just use canadianprotein for it.
>Or costco

This

Tastes good and shit but I'm concerned about if it's all whey for real or not. I dunno

>Ethical consumption

What does that even mean

And frozen chicken is even cheaper.

Hey pusscake get your own chickens if you dont want to pay for them.

Ya just need a fence and a coop and some feed

Before you know it youll have 100 chickens and if ya dont make meat out of em youll just have way too many eggs so ya

the fuck

Cub food sells 10 pound bags for $5.

I'm paying $19 for 2kg chicken here in sweden

iktf bro

> Montreal
> fish is expensive af
> chicken is expensive af
> beef is expensive af
> pork is only affordable meat, still not super cheap

this OP why aren't you taking advantage of this glorious canada-only store

canadianprotein.com

U buy any of their other supps?

Given how it's a relatively small-online only company I'm a little suspicious of if it's all legit.

Btw they ship to the US ironically enough

Iktf man and I only have 70 dollars a month left over for food, basically I eat rice, potatoes, beans and eggs because that's all I can afford

chicken is 14€/kg here but on the plus side they don't use antibiotics and other minor details that make the meat much cleaner. idgaf about ethics but ingredient quality is important to me.

> $12-$14 for .5kg of air-chilled, thick meat with some fat, making the end product taste good
> $10 for 1.8kg of water-chilled, thin breasts with all fat trimmed off, yielding a very small, tasteless hunk of meat that takes two or three to feel full

IMO.

Unless you are cubing it, then pan-frying with seasonings for topping a salad, then that's of course a no-brainer. Or shredding it, or making grilled chicken burgers. But if you want to put it on a plate by itself, the wal-mart shit is pointless.

>tfw can't afford to eat chicken or beef here

I basically eat pork chops everyday because they're the only affordable meat

>Eating chicken breast

Low fat turkey mince reporting

>loblaws

Not even once man it's so overpriced it's ridiculous. Buying stuff for 1 dinner there is like 40$ and I can get the same shit at freshco or no frills for like 12$

Loblaws owner detected

>he doesnt have a grandma that keeps pigs/chickens/ducks
>he'll never slaughter what he eats

i pity you canacuck, nothing better than waking up at 4am to get drunk by 5 then spend the rest of the day figuring out how to cut up a fuckin pig

Iktf bro my freezer is full of pork chops I got on sale

but your monthly wage is like a hundred bucks

Do you raise chickens?

Can I get a couple of the GMO chickens with massive tits so that I can get plump ass breasts like the ones I get at Costco? Or am I stuck with getting regular chickens and having walmart-breast class chickens running around.

Having a huge supply of chicken meat AND eggs sounds pretty compelling.

Oh fuck yeah its insane what loblaws and metro charge for food compared to freshco

>mfw people literally pay 3x as much for the same thing so they can say they shop at loblaws

everything else is far away

haha, I don't even work there. I buy my chicken titties at costco because they have good peanuts and huge packages of low-carb veggies that are shipped in from far enough away that they are always ripe and big, rather than buying smaller chain stuff that is out of season and looks like garbage 3/4 of the year. I also like their multivitamins and bacon.

I also don't work for Costco.

I do 2 big grocery trips a week at whatever grocery store has a sale on and stock up on everything I need

I buy lots of chicken breast and thighs and just freeze them so they last a long time

A week lol I meant a month

Who here poor? What's the best food to buy if I only have 30 dollars left each week for food

>tfw food in canada is expensive

>that QT high test cashier at loblaws

its like $3 for a decent size bag of rice that will last a week or more

so grab like 2 of them and some beans of on sale

you are gonna be eating alot of rice

>loblaws

Richfag confirmed, when I walked in there I saw the price of things and got the fuck outta there

its the closet to me

chicken was on sale today luckily $8 for barely trimmed chicken
about 2lbs

wont last long

>tfw walk by a metro dozens of times a year
>never stepped foot in there once

Fuck that it way too expensive there

Why wouldn't he buy potatoes? Way better nutrition in potatoes and they're cheap

>in loblaws
>see that one guy
>know he is gonna smell like a dumpster
>he gets inline after me
>cant move
>cant breath
>cant wake up

i suppose he could but im pretty sure you can get more meals out of a big ass bag of rice than potatos

U wot? A small bag of uncle Bens rice is like 2$ and it lasts one meal

Where do you even buy bags of rice?

>buying uncle bens rice
>not buying some generic white rice

What? Beef is less expensive than pork.

>flavorless shit rice

No it's not I can get a pack of 5 big pork chops for 3 dollars and 1lb of beef is like 5 dollars on sale

flavor it yourself nigga

The fuck is wrong with you? I got 10lbs of white rice for $3.69.

>white rice
I go to the bio stores in my town because they're the only ones to sell brown rice that aren't uncle bens
I get it for ~3.5€/kg

I've never seen big bags of rice

i see them in every grocery store

I get my beef at $2/lb and my pork at $1.75/lb at adonis.

I've never seen them, I've only seen white instant rice in boxes and uncle bens

fuck, the opposite. 1.75 for beef, 2 for pork.

Literally anywhere that sells rice? When you walk into the grocery store, look for the pasta asile. Find the rice. Then look two or three shelves down and you will find sacks of rice, some in legit burlap. Or go to a bulk food store, like bulk barn in canada. Or where all the chinese people or indians or pakistanis live in your city.

>Not buying calrose or sticky rice in bulk

Give uuuuuuuup

what store?

next time ask where the bags of rice are

You must be American. Food in canada is 3x the price

I'm in montreal.

>indians and pakis live in his city
that's no city i'd want to live in

Too late, canuck fuck!

brampton?

thankfully i'm not a canacuck, though I won't deny my country is equally as fucked

no

I actually life in the part of my city where all the jews live, for some reason, so my local grocers all have large kosher sections. I feel well insulated, I just have to be extra wary of cashiers not making change properly. They'll grab for any shekle they think you aren't watching closely enough.

just checked

the 900g bag of rice was only $3

cook that shit
add lil bit of butter
salt and pepper

good

They're jews, not arabs. The only jews you have to watch out for are the lawyers, doctors and those in the film industry.

Nice

There's a synagogue not too far from me where the army (I'm not joking) has been guarding the street every day for the past few years now

You could probably deduce what country I am from now

Toronto is just too fucking expensive man, from the phone plans to the internet and cable plans. Then you have the shitty Candian dollar fucking up everything you ever wanted to buy online and all groceries are retardedly overpriced. Thanks, JUSTin.

> at fucking loblaws

bob loblaw's law blog?

>hate rogers but its the best option
>late loblaws but its the best option
JUST

And bankers of course. But then again, you should never trust any banker at any time, no matter their race or religion.

>>reddit
faggot

For internet, start.ca is pretty rad (though for cable, it's a rogers reseller, their rate may still be better).
Metro supermarkets are usually between pretty good and really good. Don't you have any nearby?

Is that army staffed primarily by young adults who have to serve by law?

Ottawa's where it's at, man. Montreal would be where it's really at if I could speak french, but Ottawa's like little toronto with less minorities and less traffic. Toronto is just low rent New York with less gang violence and shitty transit. I don't get the point.

25 minute [spoiler]walk[/spoiler]

you /ottawa/?

yeaaaaaah, that's the thing. Every Rogers reseller is still just giving rogers your money. And waiting on Rogers' techs when Start's or Teksavvy's shit breaks. Rogers still gets every dime they would normally, but a smaller markup goes to Start instead of a huge markup going to Rogers.

Nay, professional army

I should start going groceries at Walmart.

Yeah, man. I like this city, especially since I don't own a car and live right next to the transitway. Plus, since it's the capital, the government has to actually give a shit about it. This place is going to be great with the lrt opens. I'll be able to take the goddamn choo choo from tunney's or hurdman to downtown. Only downside is that rent everywhere along the transitway is just going to go up as fast as they legally can get it up.

rent is already kinda stupid in my area

>$1000 for a crummy 1 bedroom apartment

always ottawafags on Veeky Forums

Metro is very expensive

Go to freshco it's cheaper

>tfw make 1300 a month and my rent is 1050

Canada is way too expensive unless you're wealthy

Damn son.

South African-fag checking in. Bought like 2kg for maybe $6? Feelsgoodman

WHY WON'T YOU FUCK ME

$915 for a crummy studio, I feel you bro. Which part of town are you in.

I actually miss my place at Less, for all the horror stories people have about the shitty places there. I was in one of the nicer buildings there, with a pool in the penthouse and good floorspace for the money. Just couldn't afford it without a roommate.

I don't think anyone's laying down cables (unfortunately), but there are a few smaller providers with their own ADSL lines (including start, at least in montreal, and colbanet, but I don't know outside montreal). The whole isp situation is one hell of a mess for sure, though.

Gloucester

when i moved in rent wasa $750 and its upt to $800 now over 6 years so it isnt bad but i still cant stand alot of the other tenants

>shitImbald
There's only Sobeys here.

JUST

I think it's time for you to move out or find a better job bro