Are bodyweight exercises a meme?

Are bodyweight exercises a meme?
I'm not fat and have other ways of getting cardio
I have too much anxiety to go to the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/4LeMVAW.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, except for pull-ups.

No, people just don't like them because they can't shill anything to people who use calisthenics.

What do you reccomend?
Will I be able to gain weight doing body weight exercises?

Everyone on this board has anxiety, just go no one will even look at you.

Body weight exercises are not all that meme.

Obviously you get used to doing bodyweight shit and you feel like you'll need heavier options (for example, push-ups with a weighted vest or a light plate on your back).

Pretty much if I need to travel for work I do lol-hotel-room exercises which is all bodyweight. I hate travelling so I lament not being able to lift, but at least it's something and I don't feel guilty.

nah famalam, dips are pretty neat and so are pushups
>imo they are good when it comes to creating a balanced program

Building the Gymnastic Body
Convict Conditioning
You are your own gym
Infinite Intensity
The 100 pushups exercises.
5bx

Looking up ghetto workouts on youtube
Looking up lalannes old videos
Looking up mov nat

There is a metric fuckton of stuff out there.
You only really have to think about what you want to do then go out and look for a program that will help you achieve that and won't bullshit you.

And if you eat a surpluss? Yeah. You will. Because getting heavier while doing relatively heavy with relattively high reps calisthenics movements will build mass.

I can't figure out how to train my traps with bodyweights.
Handstand pushups seem to be a big meme, as when I tried it I ended up with an injury.

Yes. But if you're only doing them because you're too shy to hit the gym you'll never make it with them.
Just sign up to a fucking gym you fat cunt

>too weak to do an exercise
>must be a meme
Gonna go really far with that attitude you dumbass

How are you supposed to get started on an arm exercise when the lowest weight possible is your bodyweight?

Rope pullups
Hanging shrugs
Reverse pushups from a table or bar.
The key is to focus on the muscle and feeling it. Not just mindlessly go through the motions.

Weighted pullups, dips and pistol squats are all you need.

Equipment wise get a doorway pull up bar, 2 chairs for dips or just buy rings and do pullups/dips on them. Rings are hard mode

do pushups in downwards dog pose or just do decline pushups you dumbass

>Pull-ups
>Chin-ups
>Dips
>Inverted Rows
>Push-ups

Pike push ups famalam

There are dozens of workouts out there designed to take you from invalid to hannibal/olympic gymnast mode.

Go look up the convict conditioning chart on your favorite search engine

Is this routine good?

Where are the one arm handstand pushups?

There is an updated version of this on his website.
But you have to pay for the full sized poster.
Though I've seen it being posted on the body wheight reddit so you can also find ot for free.

i.imgur.com/4LeMVAW.jpg

push-ups (working toward single arm pushups), dips, inverted rows, pull-ups, monkey bars, planks, rolling of all sorts, single leg RDLs (weighted or unweighted), lunges and split squats (at a speed you can control), single leg balance drills, single leg hops, L-sits, suitcase carries, waiter’s carries, single arm overhead press, bent press, and single arm overhead squat.

Go to a male only gym.

If there isn't one, go to a gym that shows its times on Google; it should show the peak hours and using that you can go when its at it's most empty.

If that's not possible either then go to a 24-hour gym and go super early/late. Early would be recommended for the morning gains.

If that's not possible, then man the fuck up and go to the gym. I was like you and thought bodyweights would be worth it despite its small amounts of gains, but go to the gym with this mindset:

You will make it better than anyone else there.

It's the truth. You have the best information available on this board and will progress 4x faster than everyone else.

>Best information

Im all for Veeky Forums, but come on famigs. It's in a new wave of sipposting right now.