Can we have a thread about Veeky Forums reading and books...

Can we have a thread about Veeky Forums reading and books? Gonna hit up the bookstore for the first time in a while and I'd like to get something self-help or fitness related

Any recommendations?

there aren't that many great fitness books. SS and practical programming are must reads. you should also get an anatomy book and study that, as well as basic mechanics if you didn't learn that in school.

Universal Master Key by Bardon
>inb4 occult ->/x/
pdf found online

>Bardon

cmon man

How to win friends and influence people. Might seem a meme but I assume your slightly autistic being on Veeky Forums

Go to bed rippletits, there are about 5 citations

The Yoga of Meditation
Introduction to Tantra
Prometheus Rising
Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation

Hast du etwas du willst zu sagen?

Well, I've been around Veeky Forums long enough that I've got a pretty sufficient grasp on different lifts and programs and stuff like that, I was just curious if there was something new or something I might have missed, but in that case...I guess I want to focus on self-help stuff then

I was going to look into this one, yeah, is it as good as everyone says it is?

This one too, I'll see if they've got it. I've just started getting into running so learning about avoiding injuries and strains would be good

(Anybody read Art Of The Deal?)

>self-help
No. Just no.
Read stuff you enjoy. Read classic novels or history or philosophy or anatomy or evidence-based fitness stuff, just stay out of that self-help bullshit. Self-help only makes you feel worse in the long run, but for some reason it has gotten such hold of 'murrica, that people don't seem to understand what massive pile of steaming shit that entire genre is.

I just wanted some recommendations, I haven't had time to sit down and really read anything because i got so busy with school and work over the last year or so and I kind of fell out of knowing what kind of books I might enjoy, so I figured I'd ask here to see what anyone else might have liked, and then go from there

Second this op, don't focus on the self-help books.

Does anyone have the jpeg. of the list of books fit reads? There was some quote at the bottom on why you shouldn't read self-help books.

T.hanks.

Added those to my list. I've been taking yoga classes and am loving it.

pls reccomend/link essential Red Pill (the women one, not the Jews one) reading material. I mean maybe a PDF that has all the /r/theredpill autism condensed to one guide

Start off with topics that interest you.

I realized I'm not into sci-fi as I thought I was. I read Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy and thought it was ok. Felt pretty jaded from reading it, so I moved onto the list of books every man should read. Specifically Mark mother fuckin Twain's matsterpiece, The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin.

>Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy

Reddit-tier brit """"comedy""". If anyone goes for sci-fi, go deep with PKD, all the sci-fi, philosophy, and FEELS a person needs.

Well, I did really like I, Robot (the collection of short stories, not the movie book) and Slaughterhouse 5, Fahrenheit 451, etc, so maybe I'll check back into stuff like that

Well, these are all stone bone classics acclaimed for a reason, but PKD, man, he's is the finest thing ever, despite being very uneven in terms of prose.

If you want some paradigm shifting or some robust Shadow-work, turn to PKD. His books helped me grow as a person, not even kidding.

Hey bro, it was recommended to me. How was I supposed to know? Do YOU have a good list?

Anything by Robert Greene

I'll throw in Beowulf, it's an amazing epic and Beowulf doesn't afraid of anything.

Srs tho I read Beowulf during my senior year and it had a profound effect on me.

It's essentially a story of a One Punch Man tier warrior, who's strength is insurmountable and forges a joining of two warring nations because of the weight of deeds

God tier reading

Anybody have any good books about stoicism/emotion?

pic related is all you need lil nigga

These seem really interesting, how much of his stuff have you read?

Marshall McLuhan too

This book is hilarious. The section on punching cows is worth the price alone.

bumping this so it doesnt 404 before im ready to download some of these fuckers

the only self-help book you'll ever need

East of Eden

For me it was this.

Weightlifting: Principles from Poliquin.
Literature: Sun and Steel from Mishima.

*tips tinfoil hat*

Gibt es etwas das du sagen willst?

>is it as good as everyone says it is?

I mean, the book is cheap and short. It's a must-read, but it won't exactly change your life. It might help you socially, but it's more of a book to acquire business partners. Not good friends. That's why many entrepreneurs recommend it.

so i think im gonna get Meditations by Marcus Aurelius and Mastery by Robert Greene. I'm also looking for a sci-fi/fantasy book in the range of 7-10 bucks on amazon

The New Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

If you enjoy fitness, it's a very interesting read even if you don't plan to take any of the advice inside of it. Also a lot of really awesome pics of body builders.

uploadfiles [dot] io [slash] 63211

Here you go. You're welcome.

what is this

any specific PKD you would recommend?

500gb books

Nice rat lmao